Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NCAA 2014 Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Love that little video - I'd watch an entire show of this with calls made from NFL games.....but only with Mike Pereira, not Mike Carey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

We're actually forgetting the most important factor too. There is no 5 yard rule in college. That only applies to the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

We're actually forgetting the most important factor too. There is no 5 yard rule in college. That only applies to the NFL.

ya it was clearly the right call but still a very harsh way to lose the game from a fans perspective at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Very true you can bump all the way down the field until the QB releases the football. Forgot about that last night with my previous post. The one plus side to college ball over the NFL allows players be physical until the ball is in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

A very odd stat line from DII college game between NGU & MHU

2nd 10:10 NGU N. Hughes 47 yd pass from N. Hughes (J. Gravely kick)

Throws the pass, deflects off the d linemans helmet, jinks past 4 defenders & runs 47 yards for a TD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm watching the Rajin Cajuns against Arkansas state right now. It was 34-9 halfway through the second quarter to Lafayette, Red Wolves pulled it back to 34-23. Tough opening to the second half with the Cajuns having a long drive stopped and punting to the 7 yard line. Red Wolves are getting nowhere and go with a fake punt from their own 6 yard line and fail miserably. Cajuns have just got the td to go up 41-23 now.

You really gotta wonder what a coach in thinking when he does something so stupid. You are telling your D who have just stopped the Cajuns that you don't trust them to do it again, you are taking the risk of giving the ball to the other team inside the 10 yard line with four plays to get it in. I just cannot understand that sort of stupidity.

So same coach, late in the game, they get a touchdown to get it to 41-32 and go for two instead of the point after. They fail and the Red Wolves are now still two scores behind. This coach has to get the boot, he has cost his team the game.

Longhorns D is doing very well against Kansas State but their offense is getting nowhere. A real tough game this one. Waters is not looking good for the Wildcats, he has a shoulder injury and I think they are going to have to take him out if it continues as its going right now.

During halftime in the game I just thought about Joe Bergeron who I thought was going to be a great one and did well at Texas but was suspended for unspecified violation of team regulations. He went to Texas A&M Commerce and was doing very well there but was suspended for the very same thing there on October 11. I'd love to know what the problem is but clearly he has a big issue and is a problem wherever he goes.

I think he could have done well in the NFL if he has put his head down but we won't likely ever see him again now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

350 pound lineman throwing a thud in the Arkansas game. Cant find it on youtube yet.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11759773

• Advertisement

23-0 to the Wildcats. Longhorns haven't been shut out in 16 years I believe. Its getting close now with only 9.31 left in the fourth.

TO. wrote: »
    350 pound lineman throwing a thud in the Arkansas game. Cant find it on youtube yet.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11759773
    Love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Let's go Kentucky, LSU, South Carolina and Tennessee!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Be interesting to see how Miss State deals with the pressure here. Could be a potential banana slip!

Kentucky hanging in there, down 17 - 10 at half time.

Ameer Abdullah had another massive game today. Who goes higher, him or Gurley? Ordinarily I'd say Gurley but does the off the field stuff hold him back a small bit?

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Ameer Abdullah had another massive game today. Who goes higher, him or Gurley? Ordinarily I'd say Gurley but does the off the field stuff hold him back a small bit?

No not this off the field stuff don't think nfl teams care about autographs

nerd69 wrote: »
    No not this off the field stuff don't think nfl teams care about autographs

Yeah that's true I guess. Cam Newton being the example I suppose. I do like the look of Abdullah though

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Yeah that's true I guess. Cam Newton being the example I suppose. I do like the look of Abdullah though

Ya both will be first rounders gurly in particular could be better off staying suspended and traning for the combine

Miss State can't shake off Kentucky, 31 - 24.

• Advertisement

Kentucky down by 7 with 2.31 left. Here comes the onside kick.

Edit

Pretty bad one, Miss State run it in for a TD. That's the win. However, great game by the Kentucky QB - Patrick Towles.

So, Old Dominion have been promoting this weekend's game against Middle Tennessee as their "White Out" game to mark their first ever Friday Night game. All the fans are encouraged to wear white, bring white towels, white accessories - white everything. Similar to what Penn State do below.

penn-state-whiteout.jpg

The only problem is that NCAA Rules require the home team to wear dark colours, unless the away team agree to wear them instead. And Middle Tennessee have refused ODU's request to wear dark colours. So ODU will have to wear their blue jerseys to their own White Out night. Middle Tennessee will be in white :pac:

Brilliant - Ohio State are doing the exact same thing to Penn State tonight :pac:

Also, I'm convinced Ole Miss are going down tonight. LSU are still very formidable in Death Valley, and Ole Miss are a tad overrated (their defense isn't, but on offence they are). Plus, Les Miles mother passed away last night, so it has one of those Brett Favre moments ready to bust out.

LSU looking like they are going to score a td to take the lead. If they beat Ole Miss the rankings will be very interesting next week.

Ok so that didn't happen lol, they fumbled at the one yard line. Lmfao.

Speaking of that Ohio State whiteout-crash, the uniform they're wearing to do it is pretty cool.

B01D_w_CcAEZhy8.jpg

Penn State D doing pretty well against the Buckeyes. Just have a feeling though that Ohio State will get things going if they go up by two touchdowns.

Another top seed bites the dust with Ole Miss losing out to LSU. It will be very interesting to see how this shakes up the rankings. LSU will rise no doubt but what happens to Alabama now who lost to Ole Miss. Ole Miss will drop but will the Tide overtake them or do they drop as well? Auburn just about got by South Carolina which isn't going to help their ranking either. Could Oregon jump all of them back into the top four?

2 of the worst calls you're likely to see in the one game.

This was ruled an interception.

It was then video reviewed.... and still ruled an interception. The mind boggles.

Also, this FG stood. Keep an eye on the play clock though.

https://vine.co/v/Oh2z1qljutp

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Official committee rankings were interesting last night.

Big takeaways are big wins are hell of a lot more important than close loses and strength of schedule is prob the most factor taken into consideration.

Which results in
    Notre Dame ranked a lowly 10 because they have "only" beaten a poor Stanford team - for Irish to have any shot at play offs they need to win out rest of season (obviously) and then hope that Stanford, Arizona and USC get a couple of big wins under their belt!

SEC west is looking utterly dominant at the moment but in the next few weeks they will eat each other alive - reckon they will still have 2 teams in the playoff (Miss state and Bama is my money)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Rutgers @ Nebraska (From Saturday) Now ESPN
    Ole Miss @ LSU (From Saturday) 11:30pmESPN
    Ohio State @ Penn State (From Saturday) 2:30am ESPN

Florida State @ Louisville Live Thursday 11:30pm ESPN

Ohio State @ Penn State (From Saturday) Friday 11am ESPN
    Florida State @ Louisville (From Thursday night) Friday 4:30pm ESPN
    Cincinnati @ Tulane Live Saturday 12am ESPN

Florida State @ Louisville (From Thursday night) Saturday 6am ESPN
    Cincinnati @ Tulane (From Friday night) Saturday 10am ESPN
    College GameDay Live (from West Virginia) Saturday 1pm ESPN
    Wisconsin @ Rutgers Live Saturday 4pm ESPN
    Florida vs Georgia Live Saturday 7:30pm ESPN