Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washington Commanders thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Morrison J wrote: »
    I thought Kory Lich had a good game..

A must win game in week 2. Not ideal but thats the reality of the situation.

We have to run the ball 20 times minumim imo.

Very rare to have a must win game in week 2 but this is definitely is one. Can't go to Philly 0-2.

Let's hope the team can rid itself of its case of fumbelitis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Well... This could be problematic...

Raphael wrote: »
    Well... This could be problematic...

There'll be no one left at this rate

Probably not the time for this comment but I really hate the gold pants. Bring back the white pants with the red jerseys and red ones with the white.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Cousins is really doing the business since he came on, normally when pants are mentioned here its cos we are playing ****e:D

• Advertisement

Bacari Rambo. Great name, rubbish player.

Dislocated left ankle for RGIII. Looks like Captain Kirk's in command for the rest of the year.

Bacari Rambo. Great name, rubbish player.

You mean Goo Ham Fudge?

https://twitter.com/rgiii/status/511268152161087488

Jaysus us he talks some rubbish doesn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Jason Cole @JasonPhilCole · 24m
    News on #RG3 continues to be positive today inside team facility. Looks like he'll miss 4-5 weeks, as has been reported.

Official word coming at 8pm but a lot of positive reports circulating. Would be great if its only a month!

• Advertisement

I think cousins will be in for the rest of the season now anyway regardless of what happens rg3

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I think cousins will be in for the rest of the season now anyway regardless of what happens rg3

Its a tough situation but I think Cousins would have to play near faultless football for that to happen to be honest.

When you bench your franchise QB, it gives off the impression that you're basically giving up on him. We should be nowhere near that stage with RG3.

We've given up far too much to get him to have him sitting on the bench. I think if RG3 is healthy he plays.

The coming weeks will decide a lot. If Cousins can keep up that standard of play, then I can see Gruden giving RG3 the maximum amount of recommended rest time he can before making a decision. But if he slips a little when facing a non Jaguars Defence that actually prepared for him, RG3 will be back in the game as soon as he's fit.

I just watched Gruden's press conference and it sounded a bit like 'all in for week 1' again. I hope they don't rush him back, regardless of how Kirk is playing. Let it heal and come back when it's 100%, not 80-90%.

He'll probably be back in a week or two when Merriweather gets suspended again for leading with his head!

Good news for the moment though.

If he does come back, he'll be coming in as a backup in case something happens to someone else. He screwed up too much this season to be the 2nd stringer.

Another tough loss. Some positives to take away with Captain Kirk and the offence looking good for the most part but that's two games now where Special Teams have been awful and probably cost the victory. Some stupid penalties as well. And I'm dreading reading the injury report in the morning. God knows who'll be available for Thursday

Should have won that but tbh i was expecting the eagles to give us a hiding, cousins really is doing the business, now if the defense could tighten up a little we would be well happy

That was a solid game, I'm a lot happier with Cousins than I was after the Jags game - He's shown he can still do it against a decent team that were prepping for him. Shame we couldn't pull off the win, but the Eagles deserved it as much as we did.

Also, **** Baker. Absolute scumbag move from him.

• Advertisement

At least there'll be no QB controversy when RGIII is ready to come back. Man that was awful tonight.

With Seattle and Arizona on the schedule next, I think we're looking at 1-5

I watched the first half of that **** last night and fecked off to bed, that rubbish is simply not good enough for a franchise like the redskins, its hard to see any success coming our way for another long time yet, its very dissheartening

With Seattle and Arizona on the schedule next, I think we're looking at 1-5

So are we looking 1-6 or will Kirk stop throwing the ball to the opposition and get us to 2-5? Either way, it's still a lost season.

So are we looking 1-6 or will Kirk stop throwing the ball to the opposition and get us to 2-5? Either way, it's still a lost season.

Neither it was left to mccoy, did kirk get hooked or something, i missed it but heard he got pulled after an int and fumble

I miss RG3 so much...

I miss RG3 so much...

When is he back??

My guess is after the bye week. Gruden won't rush him back, though, since this season is basically a write off.

Two very bad teams today. Scraping out a win against the Titans isn't really much to get excited about. OL is awful, couldn't get the run game going at all and more stupid penalties extending drives.

Thank god that is hopefully the end of Cousins though. Gruden didn't rule out the possibilty of RG3 returning next week but I'd say its more likely to be after that.

• Advertisement

Morrison J wrote: »
    Thank god that is hopefully the end of Cousins though. Gruden didn't rule out the possibilty of RG3 returning next week but I'd say its more likely to be after that.

They should stick with McCoy against the Cowboys anyway. They haven't a hope of beating them. Roma's going to have all day to find his receivers who will be wide open and Murray will run on them for fun too so there's no point in starting Griffin. Leave it till he's 100% (and against an easier opponent!).

Advertisement