Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to get from Kylemore Luas to Sarsfield Road?

Options
  • 25-11-2013 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Can someone please help me!! I need to be able to get to sarsfield road from Kylemore luas stop or from the black horse luas stop. I am coming from tallaght. I no the 79a bus goes passed these places but I just don't no where the exact bus stop is. Can someone please help me?? Or is there an easier way getting from tallaght to sarsfield road via public transport? Any info is much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's the 18 that goes between Kylemore Luas stop and Balleyfermot. However I don't think it goes along the Sarsfield Rd.

79A does go through Inchicore IIRC, but not along the part of Inchicore where the the Black Horse Inn is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

56A from the Square to Long Mile Rd, then 18 to Ballyfermot and 79 or 40 will go along Sarsfield Rd.

Alternatively 76 to Clondalkin and the 151 to Long Mile Road if you miss a 56A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

lorz_xx wrote: »
    Can someone please help me!! I need to be able to get to sarsfield road from Kylemore luas stop or from the black horse luas stop. I am coming from tallaght. I no the 79a bus goes passed these places but I just don't no where the exact bus stop is. Can someone please help me?? Or is there an easier way getting from tallaght to sarsfield road via public transport? Any info is much appreciated.

Bus: Take the 76 from Tallaght to Ballyfermot Road (get off around the main shopping area) and switch to the 40 or 79. Both these routes will take you to Sarsfield Road. Note, the 79A only runs along a section of Sarsfield Road.

Luas: Depending on which part of Sarsfield Road you need, you could take the Luas to Blackhorse. It's about a 10 minute walk from here to the Inchicore end of Sarsfield Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lorz_xx

KD345 wrote: »
    Bus: Take the 76 from Tallaght to Ballyfermot Road (get off around the main shopping area) and switch to the 40 or 79. Both these routes will take you to Sarsfield Road. Note, the 79A only runs along a section of Sarsfield Road.

Luas: Depending on which part of Sarsfield Road you need, you could take the Luas to Blackhorse. It's about a 10 minute walk from here to the Inchicore end of Sarsfield Road.

Thanks I need to get to dan ryan truck rental hopefully I'm on the right track as far as I no it's 79 sarsfield road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

lorz_xx wrote: »
    Thanks I need to get to dan ryan truck rental hopefully I'm on the right track as far as I no it's 79 sarsfield road

If I'm correct, that's close to the railway bridge at Sarsfield Road. It's a 15 minute walk from the Blackhorse Luas stop, and the 40 and 79 close by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

KD345 wrote: »
    If I'm correct, that's close to the railway bridge at Sarsfield Road. It's a 15 minute walk from the Blackhorse Luas stop, and the 40 and 79 close by.

Spot on - far easier to walk from Blackhorse - 15 minutes maximum.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Naas+Road%2FR810&hl=en&sll=53.33769,-6.325507&sspn=0.015759,0.049567&geocode=FUztLQMdioef_w%3BFQfRLQMd9G-f_w&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=15&t=m&z=15

If it's raining you could hop on a 13, 68 or 69 to Inchicore Village from Blackhorse and walk from there. That would halve the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lorz_xx

lxflyer wrote: »
    Spot on - far easier to walk from Blackhorse - 15 minutes maximum.

https://maps.google.ie/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Naas+Road%2FR810&hl=en&sll=53.33769,-6.325507&sspn=0.015759,0.049567&geocode=FUztLQMdioef_w%3BFQfRLQMd9G-f_w&dirflg=w&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=15&t=m&z=15

If it's raining you could hop on a 13, 68 or 69 to Inchicore Village from Blackhorse and walk from there. That would halve the walk.

Thanks everyone muh appreciated I now have a much clearer idea of where I'm going :)

Advertisement