Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

rothschild will own Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭colm1234

The funny thing is you're actually being the one brainwashed by all these conspiracy theories. Hate to break it to you, but these things aren't true. Why you feel the need to believe in them is up to you to work out. I don't really understand it.

let me guess because if you dont see it on tv then it cant be true ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 noel1717

darragh16 wrote: »
    What would Jim Corr do?

Jim is fairly new to all of this but as a public face he is some one people can relate to, there are many of us world wide fighting this evil zionist regime, start looking into it yourself, and as a matter of interest 95% of conspiracy theories are found in time to be the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

AntiMatter wrote: »
    Then why hasn't Mervyn King, the governor of the Bank of England, been sacked for his recent comments about fractional reserve lending?

(not to mention his statement that the current banking system is the worst possible one we could have)

Because he's only a governor. Maybe his conscious caught him. But can he change the system? No. Can anyone change the system? Not really.

So why should the bankers care what people say about their system of banking when its here to stay?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

noel1717 wrote: »
    correct

Why don't you think they're Catholics now, why secret Jews?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

95% of conspiracy theories are found in time to be the truth.
    Your source for this baseless assertion is what exactly??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

95% of conspiracy theories are found in time to be the truth.

75% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

Have you heard? About five decades ago the CIA gave LSD and other drugs to people, without their consent, in an attempt to develop a truth serum.

What follows are some of these most shocking modern conspiracy theories that were apparently right all along.

(Of course, the counter-claims of conspiracy theory regarding some remain open ... and who knows?)

The Dreyfus Affair: In the late 1800s in France, Jewish artillery officer Alfred Dreyfus was wrongfully convicted of treason based on false government documents, and sentenced to life in prison. The French government did attempt to cover this up, but Dreyfus was eventually pardoned after the affair was made public (an act that is credited to writer Émile Zola).

The Mafia: This secret crime society was virtually unknown until the 1960s, when member Joe Valachi first revealed the society's secrets to law enforcement officials.

MK-ULTRA: In the 1950s to the 1970s, the CIA ran a mind-control project aimed at finding a "truth serum" to use on communist spies. Test subjects were given LSD and other drugs, often without consent, and some were tortured. At least one man, civilian biochemist Frank Olson, who was working for the government, died as a result of the experiments. The project was finally exposed after investigations by the Rockefeller Commission.

Operation Mockingbird: Also in the 1950s to '70s, the CIA paid a number of well-known domestic and foreign journalists (from big-name media outlets like Time, The Washington Post, The New York Times, CBS and others) to publish CIA propaganda. The CIA also reportedly funded at least one movie, the animated "Animal Farm," by George Orwell. The Church Committee finally exposed the activities in 1975.

Watergate: Republican officials spied on the Democratic National Headquarters from the Watergate Hotel in 1972. While conspiracy theories suggested underhanded dealings were taking place, it wasn't until 1974 that White House tape recordings linked President Nixon to the break-in and forced him to resign.

The Tuskegee Syphilis Study: The United States Public Health Service carried out this clinical study on 400 poor, African-American men with syphilis from 1932 to 1972. During the study the men were given false and sometimes dangerous treatments, and adequate treatment was intentionally withheld so the agency could learn more about the disease. While the study was initially supposed to last just six months, it continued for 40 years. Close to 200 of the men died from syphilis or related complications by the end of the study.

Operation Northwoods was a well-orchestrated plan by top U.S. military leaders to create public support for a war against Cuba -- by carrying out acts of terrorism on U.S. soil, hijacking planes, sinking Cuban refugee boats and more.

Operation Northwoods: In the early 1960s, American military leaders drafted plans to create public support for a war against Cuba, to oust Fidel Castro from power. The plans included committing acts of terrorism in U.S. cities, killing innocent people and U.S. soldiers, blowing up a U.S. ship, assassinating Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees, and hijacking planes. The plans were all approved by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but were reportedly rejected by the civilian leadership, then kept secret for nearly 40 years.

The Iran-Contra Affair: In 1985 and '86, the White House authorized government officials to secretly trade weapons with the Israeli government in exchange for the release of U.S. hostages in Iran. The plot was uncovered by Congress in 1987.

1990 Testimony of Nayirah: A 15-year-old girl named "Nayirah" testified before the U.S. Congress that she had seen Iraqi soldiers pulling Kuwaiti babies from incubators, causing them to die. The testimony helped gain major public support for the 1991 Gulf War, but -- despite protests that the dispute of this story was itself a conspiracy theory -- it was later discovered that the testimony was false. It was actually the creation of public relations firm Hill & Knowlton for the purpose of promoting the Gulf War.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 noel1717

coco1981 wrote: »
    Your source for this baseless assertion is what exactly??
    I,m not here to educate the ignorant, just throwing a few facts out there to the sheep.

I,m not here to educate the ignorant, just throwing a few facts out there to the sheep.

lol well put :D lets see how smart they all are when the country is in such ruin, that these same people are eating out of bins

• Advertisement

That's the standard CTer reply to anyone who questions where they came up with their "facts".

namloc1980 wrote: »
    That's the standard CTer reply to anyone who questions where they came up with their "facts".

but hes right namloc, you hear what you want to hear and do as you are told and anybody that has a different outlook other than the one you are told in the media is some sort of freak.

colm1234 wrote: »
    but hes right namloc, you hear what you want to hear and do as you are told and anybody that has a different outlook other than the one you are told in the media is some sort of freak.

Just asking him to back up his claims, or should we blindly accept what he says without question??

Just asking him to back up his claims, or should we blindly accept what he says without question??

not at all, its your god given right to make up your own mind, but rather than believing everything you are told why not just open your mind, maybe look in to it a bit more. or is it you are scared to accept anything else other than what the media tells you because that is your comfort zone

I asked you what your source for that statistic was, you say it is a 'fact'. I'd just like to know where it came from, or were you just bluffing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I asked you what your source for that statistic was, you say it is a 'fact'. I,d just like to know where it came from, or were you just bluffing

Who makes the 'facts' anyway?
    Governments? News agencies? Writers?

Fact is a very loose term thrown around nowdays. It means nothing. Everything is questionable.

A journalist once said "never believe anything until its been officially denied".

The 'facts' thrown out by news readers, media correspondents and government officials are just as questionable as the 'facts' put out by conspiracy theory researchers.

In simple terms nothing can be taken as truth on face value. Everything is questionable.

Who makes the 'facts' anyway?
    Governments? News agencies? Writers?

Fact is a very loose term thrown around nowdays. It means nothing. Everything is questionable.

A journalist once said "never believe anything until its been officially denied".

The 'facts' thrown out by news readers, media correspondents and government officials are just as questionable as the 'facts' put out by conspiracy theory researchers.

In simple terms nothing can be taken as truth on face value. Everything is questionable.

That's fine, your entitled to that view. I asked a posted for the source of a statistic he posted which in my view is completely unfounded and he probably made up on the spot to add weight to his argument. I'm still waiting to be proved wrong, have a funny feeling i'll be waiting a bit longer too.

Ireland to receive 85 billion bailout at 5.8% interest rate thats how :rolleyes:
    if you look into it i think you will see that only part of the money is coming from the imf and that the rate from them is lower than 5.8 percent, this is the blended rate when the eu money is mixed into it

That's fine, your entitled to that view. I asked a posted for the source of a statistic he posted which in my view is completely unfounded and he probably made up on the spot to add weight to his argument. I'm still waiting to be proved wrong, have a funny feeling i'll be waiting a bit longer too.

looks that way because hes been offline for the past hour so you could be in for a long wait there :D

if you look into it i think you will see that only part of the money is coming from the imf and that the rate from them is lower than 5.8 percent, this is the blended rate when the eu money is mixed into it

and where do you think the eu got this money from :D

• Advertisement

not at all, its your god given right to make up your own mind, but rather than believing everything you are told why not just open your mind, maybe look in to it a bit more. or is it you are scared to accept anything else other than what the media tells you because that is your comfort zone

Can any pro-CTer make an argument without using this old chestnut?? I have found some of the most closed minded people to be those propagating CTs. They are unwilling to question their beliefs and blindly believe what some dude told them on youtube or what the so called "alternative media" tells them.

A genuine sceptic will question everything they are told be it from government sources or someone on this forum. However it seems if you question a CTer on here you get labelled as a close minded sheep. I suppose it's easier to call people sheep etc than to actually answer the questions.

looks that way because hes been offline for the past hour so you could be in for a long wait there :D

On mobile so can't see poster status!!

and where do you think the eu got this money from :D
    I don't know tbh, assume they are borrowing off markets, if you have a link to show the imf are loaning this money to the eu i'll gladly read it. The point remains imf money is being loaned to us at a rate lower than 5.8 percent

Can any pro-CTer make an argument without using this old chestnut?? I have found some of the most closed minded people to be those propagating CTs. They are unwilling to question their beliefs and blindly believe what some dude told them on youtube or what the so called "alternative media" tells them.

A genuine sceptic will question everything they are told be it from government sources or someone on this forum. However it seems if you question a CTer on here you get labelled as a close minded sheep. I suppose it's easier to call people sheep etc than to actually answer the questions.

plenty of questions have been answered if you look back through the thread, just your getting a bit boring now, we get it you dont believe so why not go to another thread instead of getting your knickers in a twist on this one :D good night coco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

On mobile so can't see poster status!!

His alter ego Colm 1234 or whatever is still here..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Guys, either post politely or do not post at all. Don't attack posters and keep to the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Here's part of a list of the bondholders to which our futures are indebted -

bonds.png - from here

plenty of questions have been answered if you look back through the thread, just your getting a bit boring now, we get it you dont believe so why not go to another thread instead of getting your knickers in a twist on this one :D good night coco
    that quote was from namloc not me!! Are non believers not allowed here?

that quote was from namloc not me!! Are non believers not allowed here?

apologies coco yes non believers are allowed thats the whole point all I ask is you are a bit more open minded, people are not willing to believe anything other than what they are told to believe, would you say this is a fair statement ?

• Advertisement

Here's part of a list of the bondholders to which our futures are indebted -

bonds.png - from here
    sorry can't see the link on mobile, will look at it on pc tomorrow. Was able open image and assume it means the rothschilds company has invested in the imf. It is an investment banking group, they invest in many things around the world i would imagine.. We need money to run the country, whats the conspiracy here?

Advertisement