Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leap Card and Irish Rail

• 26-11-2013 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

hi.
    just wanted to know which one is cheaper.
    i read this on the site.

"Touch-On at the gate onto the platform or at the pole provided before boarding and Touch-Off when leaving the station. Failure to do so will result in you being charged the maximum fare. ''

What happens if some station dont have machines?
    whats the maximum fare?
    and sometimes late at night the station are close?
    and if i fail to do this will it cost more than buying a ticket???
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

JOJOGINS wrote: »
    hi.
    just wanted to know which one is cheaper.
    i read this on the site.

"Touch-On at the gate onto the platform or at the pole provided before boarding and Touch-Off when leaving the station. Failure to do so will result in you being charged the maximum fare. ''

What happens if some station dont have machines?
    whats the maximum fare?
    and sometimes late at night the station are close?
    and if i fail to do this will it cost more than buying a ticket???
    thanks.

There is only one station that does not have validators in the Short Hop Zone and that's Broombridge. If you are using that station - you should contact Irish Rail directly - they have some form of "fix" that they can apply.

For all other stations, when the station building is closed, there are tag on/tag off poles beside the exit gates on the platforms.

If you fail to tag off you will pay a higher fare. That is currently €4.50.
    How does the system work out the right fare (Luas, DART and Commuter Rail)?
    1. Before your journey Touch On at a Validator (or entry gate if using DART and Commuter Rail). After your journey Touch Off at a Validator (or exit gate if using DART and Commuter Rail).
    2. The system will automatically know how long your journey was and charge you the correct fare. If you do not Touch Off you may be charged more as the system will assume you went all the way to the end of the line.

Just always tag on and off - that's what you need to remember to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

If you have a problem tagging on and off contact Leap Card themselves.

Advertisement