Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How often do ya brush your teeth?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

I only brush my teeth for a couple of minutes, morning and evening. Was at the dentist recently and had to get a filling because apparently I had worn away the enamel on one of my molars... seems the whole 'brushing for four minutes twice a day' thing is really a dastardly ploy by dentists to extract :pac: more money from us for unnecessary fillings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Babbit

I try to do it twice a day, but invariably I end up doing it once every couple of days. Then I get a pang of conscience and might brush them 5 or 6 times in one day 'so as to make up for those lost days.'

Very much a love/hate relationship with my teeth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Post-breakfast and pre-bed are the only fixed brushings, definitely twice a day. Additional brushing if I've eaten crisps/jellys/chocolate, I can't stand the feeling of plaque/grime on my teeth, it drives me nuts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Here's a great time saving tip.

You don't need to brush all your teeth, just the ones you want to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

I use mouthwash...sometimes i floss !!!

Link God i love this woman !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

twice a day. Doing it anymore is bad for your tooths

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Brush my teeth 3 or 4 times per day usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Starman07

Can't believe how few people in Ireland floss their teeth.My ex girlfriend used to smell her own floss after using it.She got some weird satisfaction from knowing she'd cleaned it off her teeth.Watching this wasn't what you'd call a turn on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Khaleesi Prickly Slob

Twice a day, but unlike Abigayle I brush after oral sex, see = :D

So sometimes more than twice a day!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Twice a day, but unlike Abigayle I brush after oral sex, see = :D

So sometimes more than twice a day!.

Oh well thats a given! But I filed that under "too much info" :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i use 2 mouth wash's and brush twice aday doesnt really matter tho my teeth are fecked from the word get go.... My next job im saving 3k in the credit union getting the bigist loan i can get and getting them worked on....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I heard on the radio from a dentist that it's bad to brush after your breakfast, you should do it beforehand. It's something to do with acid or something *shrugs* :o

• Registered Users Posts: 45,250 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Anyone else brush their teeth while having a **** or am I weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I brush once a day,sometime's I forget. I don't have any cavity's/fillings. Brushing teeth was like a religion whilst growing up. I might get them bleached soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Anyone else brush their teeth while having a **** or am I weird?

There are at least four 4 letter words that could fit into that sentence... all extremely filthy! :eek: Which one are you asking about?

kingtut wrote: »
    There are at least four 4 letter words that could fit into that sentence... all extremely filthy! :eek: Which one are you asking about?

I'm thinking it was 'sh1t'. Doing any of those other things while brushing your teeth would fcuk up your rhytm :D Can't say I've done any of those things while brushing, but flossing and brushing at my desk I'm guilty of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

amacca wrote: »
    Know that corsodyl stains but thought that it was the best of the mouthwashes and you can counter the staining by visiting hygenist every 4 rather than 6 months + give teeth a quick brushing before you eat food in the morning:confused:

they have a warning on the fold out label. Your not meant to do much for an hour after having it.

There's a few substances that re-act to it. Can't remember what exactly, but it's often found in food products and stuff like tea / Coffee.

- Drav!

ps. I brush in the morning at least...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

joey54 wrote: »
    A tooth what??? Why would you use a brush on your teeth??:confused:

Judging by yer comment... to groom the mould :S

- Drav!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

I know someone that used to use ajax once a week (not messing)...needless to say he's as gummy as a chicken now...Thats mad sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

amacca wrote: »
    Know that corsodyl stains but thought that it was the best of the mouthwashes and you can counter the staining by visiting hygenist every 4 rather than 6 months + give teeth a quick brushing before you eat food in the morning:confused:

I don't think corsodyl is for daily use though, it's only if you have signs of gum disease/mouth ulcers. I use it occasionally for mouth ulcers (damn you raw tomatos!!! :pac:) and it definitely stains (I do drink a lot of tea though). I get my teeth cleaned once a year at the hygeinist to remove them.

On the question, I brush my teeth twice a day without fail. If I am at home, I'll also brush after lunch or something particularly sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

renraw wrote: »
    I know someone that used to use ajax once a week (not messing)...needless to say he's as gummy as a chicken now...Thats mad sh1te

Good god, thats poison!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Starman07

Abigayle wrote: »
    Can't say I've done any of those things while brushing, but flossing and brushing at my desk I'm guilty of.

Please tell me you work in a bank or somehting where Customers come and sit in front of you at your desk.I imagine some interesting scenes as you break off mid life assurance sales pitch to tend to your toothies.Cue a couple of minutes awkward silence followed by their promises to have "a think about things" before rushing out the door.

Starman07 wrote: »
    Please tell me you work in a bank or somehting where Customers come and sit in front of you at your desk.I imagine some interesting scenes as you break off mid life assurance sales pitch to tend to your toothies.Cue a couple of minutes awkward silence followed by their promises to have "a think about things" before rushing out the door.

Not quite, if I told you what I did, I'd have to kill you :pac:

Well I've always had my own office, I don't think anyone would put up with my incessant fidgeting with my mouth. But me dashing to the bathroom with a mouth full of toothpaste to be spat out would be common place, and nobody would bat an eye lid. Hmmm I do like the sound of your suggestion though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

morning and evening!!!!!!:D:D

Advertisement