Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Betting Thread 2015/2016

• 22-06-2015 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Title Odds (Division and Super Bowl)

6c574e119bf293e037ec6744cbe6ebba.png
    64ae9c473fef27d8c07104bb36636f51.png
    262160eaef317f8c1efaa7de923ecefd.png

Win Totals (Over/Unders)

AFC
    Patriots 10, Dolphins 8.5, Bills 8.5, Jets 7.5
    Colts 10.5, Texans 8.5, Titans 5.5, Jaguars 5.5
    Ravens 9, Bengals 8.5, Steelers 8.5, Browns 6.5
    Broncos 10.5, Chiefs 8.5, Chargers 8, Raiders 5.5

NFC
    Eagles 9.5, Cowboys 9.5, Giants 8.5, Redskins 6.5
    Panthers 8.5, Falcons 8.5, Saints 8.5, Buccaneers 6
    Packers 11, Lions 8, Vikings 7.5, Bears 7
    Seahawks 11, Cardinals 8.5, Rams 8, 49ers 7

Prop Bets

Offensive Rookie of the Year:

b37d6ee65bff2ae24406300eea21a616.png
    bc48f66fa5159b9377c9ab77746ac55b.png

Defensive Rookie of the Year:

Can't find a market anywhere yet. I'll edit in due course.

Week 1 Odds/Lines

Money Line:

dbbbe434d583f1097cc0ba737173669d.png

Point Spread:

1a4f5d608d31f82e06b5c8957b4730c4.png
    a6ebb16b43b292df709235aa1a5a7d42.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I think the AFC is not very deep, and I don't fancy the Patriots to follow up. They are worthy favourites, but they may struggle relatively speaking. The Ravens and Colts appeal at those prices.

I was planning to back Tampa Bay for the NFC South, but 9/1 is too skinny. Only other price that interest me is Vikings for NFC North.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Vikings over 7.5 wins looks a brilliant bet to me. Can't see them doing worse than 8-8.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I know I'm a fan (however would consider myself not to be biased) but the Ravens at 10's for the AFC and 25's for the Super Bowl do look like value shots to me. Many pundits/analysts have them ranked #1 on their power rankings at the moment. They have a tough schedule but worse case scenario you should be able to lay it off for some profit during the season presuming they do as well as they usually do. I'll back both.

I'm also having a punt on Amari Cooper for Offensive Rookie of the Year at 15/2.

That's it for now but I'll have a good look over the next week or two and post any others.

Yeah, Ravens' schedule has actually put me off betting. First four games are particularly hard on paper.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think theres (and hope) a good chance of Mariota or DGB being in contention for the rookie of the year :D

will likely but€5 on the Titans winning the division.. a fool and his money..:D

Titans to get over 5.5 for sure:eek:

What i'll likely do this year after taking last year off is take 200

Do over/under points on 2 games 100 each. Normally fairly reliable. Take my 200 back out and then go on from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I think the Rams at 9s is a massive price for their division.

Also the raiders for over 5.5 and titans at 5.5 in a double

Actually the Steelers at 12s for the AFC looks tasty aswel

I like your Rams shout. I agree the AFC is there for the taking unless the Pats maintain their excellence. I just think Baltimore trump Pittsburgh.

Can't wait. What is it, ten weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd be betting under for Eagles at 9.5, tbh.

Might nearly do it for Giants at 8.5 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Don't back long term but Chiefs are massive value at 5/1 for the division, over 8.5 wins and as an outright AFC/ Super Bowl bet. Lots of injuries last year, tough schedule having to play both the NFC West and AFC East but still managed 9 wins, beating both Super Bowl teams fair and square. Peyton Manning has been their achilles heel recently but he may not be as effective this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

The Vikings @49ers game is going to go off around pickem come gameday. Bit early to be tying your money up on week 1, but for those inclined there's plenty of value in the 19/20 +3

One I have backed is the Chargers to win their division at 7/2, on the back of injury news for the Broncos. Was too big to begin with

• Advertisement

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    The Vikings @49ers game is going to go off around pickem come gameday. Bit early to be tying your money up on week 1, but for those inclined there's plenty of value in the 19/20 +3

Aye, I was listening to a podcast with Steve Fezzik a few weeks ago and he was asked to pick his best bets for this season as a whole and also week 1. He chose that one and said similar with regards to the game kicking off as a pick-em.

He the lad that was doing that Ross Tucker podcast last year? Thought it was decent but stopped listening cos Ross Tucker was melting my brain. That game stuck out like a sore thumb as the Vikings over under win total is at 7.5, going near 8. The 49ers is 7 and could go 6.5. Simple logic says they shouldn't be rated the same, which this line is indicating

The Colts at 4/11 to win the AFC South is one of the closest things you can get to printing money. A cracking price for large stakes bettors who don't mind waiting months to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Paully D wrote: »
    The Colts at 4/11 to win the AFC South is one of the closest things you can get to printing money. A cracking price for large stakes bettors who don't mind waiting months to collect.
    I think it will be a lot tighter than people thiink between them and the Texans.

It really comes down to the game between them and the Texans imo. I really wouldn't like backing them at that price, I don't see it as a close to certain.

Bill O'Brien is a serous coach and he has had a season with the Texans. He has two QBs that he was worked with before and then Tom Savage who we don't know enough about yet. All it would take for the Texans to have a great season is a pretty average QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm starting to think that taking Bills at under 8.5 might not be a terrible shout. Someone has to come out the worst from that division, and I feel like the other three teams have all improved far more (well, Pats haven't, but they're the Pats).

I don't see Bills defence being better than the Jets, and if Geno is in anyway solid, you can argue their offense is better than the Bills too.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Dolphins and Tannehil, who I'm expecting a big year from, so yeah. Bills under 8.5 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Not much point putting so much money out of commission for so long for such a small return. In any case I don't think it's a certainty, what if Luck does an ACL? They've only gone 5-5 outside of the division the last 2 years anyway, and given how weak the AFC South opposition is it's very possible they've just been flattered by their weak division. Texans could put it up to them, and even the Titans and Jaguars, it's the NFL and the margin between the worst team in the league and the best is so small so they're not completely without a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Any given Sunday.

There's more value going for an outsider given how unpredictable the NFL can be.

Except if your the Jags.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Guffy

Any given Sunday.

There's more value going for an outsider given how unpredictable the NFL can be.

Except if your the Jags.

Jags aren't that bad of a team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

gufc21 wrote: »
    Jags aren't that bad of a team

Thats true, still wouldnt have a bean on them. Liable to lose by twenty to anyone. Good defensive side when I watch them. But spend 40mins a week on D.

Brady's suspension upheld. The Steelers are 13/8 to win on opening night.

• Advertisement

Brady's suspension upheld. The Steelers are 13/8 to win on opening night.

Bell out for 2 games though, will DeAngelo bring the same numbers in the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

What markets do you like betting on in NFL games?
    BTW I don't bet too much on the Points Spread in games.

Some great value around on season win totals with bookies not reacting over here. Two currently would be the Cowboys Under 9.5 at odds against and the Titans over 5.5 @1.95. Plenty more though

Have had one outright bet, Eagles at 12s for the NFC, 1/2 odds ew. Their division price is dropping because of the problems others in the div have had. Wont go into it too much though, its 13/2 with Pinnacle and less in Vegas. It shouldnt be anywhere near 12/14s here

Great call here. Vikings -1 at the moment.

Great call here. Vikings -1 at the moment.

Cheers. Had a few stabs at it, so probably have too much on it by now :o , have vikings over wins, SF under wins, Vikings for NFC, SF to finish last. Safe to say the game will dictate my mood for a couple of days after!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't get the love for the Eagles as Conference Champs. The NFC East is the most unpredictable division in football, all four teams have won once apiece the past four seasons. Even if a team wins this division they are very likely to be on the road in the divisional and conference rounds.

Even if you come out of that division you are not certain of anything. If I was going to have a bet on it I wouldn't look past the Seahawks and Packers.

Any fancies on tomights games? Gota stay up.a few hours so need a bita interest

• Anything looking tasty tonight guys?

Vikes +1.5 bears +3.5 double

• Advertisement

Have had one outright bet, Eagles at 12s for the NFC, 1/2 odds ew. Their division price is dropping because of the problems others in the div have had. Wont go into it too much though, its 13/2 with Pinnacle and less in Vegas. It shouldnt be anywhere near 12/14s here

Eagles offense looked fantastic last night, albeit the Packers were resting some starters. This has shortened up again on Pinnacle and in the US. I'm not that mad on the eagles myself, but if the sharpest minds in the business (and their extensive data models) calculate a price, and you can back it at double that price, you'll make a profit in the long run.

Advertisement