Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭AntDub

NTMK wrote: »
    fraid not

Fedex typically send out a bill as week or two later for VAT you can still get charged for it after delivery

Fingers X'd, I bring stuff in for work from the US and China quite a bit, some get through and we're never approached after we've received the good.

For the ones that don't slip through 9 time out of 10 I get a call from them when the goods are on route to pay by CC. If they don't call the driver asks for payment there and then before he hands over the goods.

I'm hoping the fact that it said Sample on it allowed it to slip through, DHL scrapped the vat they were trying to charge the Company today for items I brought in from China to test, I'm hoping something similar happened with the monitor :)

I live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Mine didn't arrive.. Seems it got delayed in customs and they ended up holding onto it over night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Excitement! :D

qKBpXkvl.jpg

Seems well protected

Pstk2Z3l.jpg

This thing is huge.. Genuinely didn't expect this monster! :p

XbPi78Pl.jpg

So I was expecting a QNIX.. Turns out I got sent an XStar in a QNIX box..

uSHBtfGl.jpg

All the connections in the back

geXLF0Vl.jpg

The menu buttons

2lIP1lnl.jpg

The full thing :)

RphB2MEl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Digy123

Looking to buy one of these,does anyone know what kinds of tax/import duty must be paid on one? The version i am looking at is this one http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-Matte-27-2560x1440-SAMSUNG-PLS-27in-PC-Monitor-/121114422949?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Monitors&hash=item1c32fb6ea5

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭The Golden Teapot

Digy123 wrote: »
    Looking to buy one of these,does anyone know what kinds of tax/import duty must be paid on one? The version i am looking at is this one http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-Matte-27-2560x1440-SAMSUNG-PLS-27in-PC-Monitor-/121114422949?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Monitors&hash=item1c32fb6ea5

I paid €56 customs on mine. The exact same monitor. Mine was €268 at the time of purchase though so maybe a little less.

• Advertisement

Digy123 wrote: »

There's no duty on these Monitors.

You'll pay 23% of what ever the delivered price is on the paperwork, ask them to lower the value on the paperwork and to mark it "Sample", the guy I dealt with did that and I still haven't seen a charge from customs, so far so good.

So it's 23% of the value plus around €15 customs clearance charge(this can vary).

I bought mine from the same guy as you, you can pay 3% less if you buy direct and bypass e-bay.

Good luck with the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

I was pointed here by Bloodbath as im currently looking to upgrade my gaming system. I currently have a LG 23" W2353V-PF and figured if i was going to upgrade my monitor I may as well only do so if i can upgrade to a higher resolution monitor.

I dont know a whole lot about monitors normally I just pick one thats decent plug it in and play. Iv never even calibrated one. Is there much initial maintenance / setup required with these in terms of calibration or colour settings etc? Having a quick read of the last few pages seems the ebay seller - accessorieswhole is one of the better ones as it arrives quickly and they look after the customs value etc?

Im going to be running a single Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition will i have much trouble playing any games at the higher resolution?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-Matte-27-2560x1440-SAMSUNG-PLS-27in-PC-Monitor-/121114422949?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Monitors&hash=item1c32fb6ea5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111106526367

So the two above appear to be the same Model but one has additional port options and menu options is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The one with the additional ports mightn't be able to overclock, if that's an issue. I'm not even sure if this is the case, but it was with some in the past.

Monotype wrote: »
    The one with the additional ports mightn't be able to overclock, if that's an issue. I'm not even sure if this is the case, but it was with some in the past.

I read the same on this site and on a couple of others.

In terms of gaming how does o/c the monitor help? Is it better for frames or does it make a huge difference for gaming?

Have you got yours setup and running AntDub? Was there much to it?

• Advertisement

Your monitor refreshes 60 times a second, so even if you're getting 80 frames, the monitor can only output 60. Overclocking the monitor allows you to increase the refresh rates. Most people get near 120Hz.
    Also if you have 120Hz, you could use it for nVidia's shutter 3D, as far as I am aware.

I've tried it out and I could not tell the difference between 60, 90 and 120, but some people insist that it's a big difference. I'll turn it back to 60 now some day to see if I notice the difference moving back after keeping it high for some time.

Ahh very good thanks for the explanation. Is it a handy enough process?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-L...item1c32fb6ea5

Is this the model you went for yourself? How do you find it? Glad you made the purchase?

Also i understand there is a huge price different in the two but would this Dell monitor be considered hugely better?

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dell-u2713h?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=1&~ck=dellSearch - Dell 27 Monitor (Dell UltraSharp U2713H 27)

Yeah, I got the matte Qnix myself. Lovely monitor. Actually much happier with it as a monitor than I've been for a long time.

In terms of display quality, it's doubtful that you would notice any difference between the two - you're getting a near identical product.
    However, what the Dell has going for it is
    • a much better stand (rotation, height adjustability, tilt)
    • a better warranty
    • an on screen display (for tweaking brightness etc., but you have power over this with your graphics card manager)
    • an array of connectors (where as you're stuck with just DVI (and built in speaker if you choose to use it))
    • As is price (no customs or unexpected extras)

The Qnix has better
    • Price
    • Refresh rates with opportunity for overclocking

Obviously price is a huge factor with the latter being half the cost.

Edit: Link for a cheaper Dell, if you want it.
    http://www.komplett.ie/komplett/product/zkb_04rand/20177535/dell_ultrasharp_u2713hm__27/details.aspx
    They've come down a lot over the time, but it's still the most of €200 above the cost of the other.

MarkJD wrote: »
    In terms of gaming how does o/c the monitor help? Is it better for frames or does it make a huge difference for gaming?

Have you got yours setup and running AntDub? Was there much to it?

No set up yet, replacement PSU should be arriving today/tomorrow(wasn't Haswell compatible).

If you do decide to go with accessorieswhole you can e-mail them on support@snpbiz.com and buy direct, should save an additional 3%.

Also ask them to lower the value on the paperwork to $200 and mark as "Sample", they won't go lower than that.

I bought Id 111088789065 and paid €276 ( I think ), no customs charges, yet!

Monotype wrote: »
    Yeah, I got the matte Qnix myself. Lovely monitor. Actually much happier with it as a monitor than I've been for a long time.

In terms of display quality, it's doubtful that you would notice any difference between the two - you're getting a near identical product.
    However, what the Dell has going for it is
    • a much better stand (rotation, height adjustability, tilt)
    • a better warranty
    • an on screen display (for tweaking brightness etc., but you have power over this with your graphics card manager)
    • an array of connectors (where as you're stuck with just DVI (and built in speaker if you choose to use it))
    • As is price (no customs or unexpected extras)

The Qnix has better
    • Price
    • Refresh rates with opportunity for overclocking

Obviously price is a huge factor with the latter being half the cost.

Edit: Link for a cheaper Dell, if you want it.
    http://www.komplett.ie/komplett/product/zkb_04rand/20177535/dell_ultrasharp_u2713hm__27/details.aspx
    They've come down a lot over the time, but it's still the most of €200 above the cost of the other.

Brilliant thank you very much. Little bit of assurance on the Monitor is good to get! Think ill do a little more research but will more than likely go with that model.

Do you use one or two GPUs yourself?
    AntDub wrote: »
    If you do decide to go with accessorieswhole you can e-mail them on support@snpbiz.com and buy direct, should save an additional 3%.

Also ask them to lower the value on the paperwork to $200 and mark as "Sample", they won't go lower than that.

I bought Id 111088789065 and paid €276 ( I think ), no customs charges, yet!

Brilliant thank you. Did they just send you a Paypal Invoice to pay directly instead of through Ebay?

[QUOTE=Brilliant thank you. Did they just send you a Paypal Invoice to pay directly instead of through Ebay?[/QUOTE]

Yep, exactly. Very fast response from them.

Here's their website.

www.snpbiz.com

Try and push for 5% or more, I was in a rush, you might get a better price than I did, I paid $349.15 for the below.

QX2710 LED Evolution ll [Matte] Perfect Pixel 27" 2560x1440 PC Monitor ( ID 111088789065 )

If you can hold off for another 48hrs I'll have mine set up and tested to give you a better idea.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mine was $309.90 and is still up there, so would be a good bet.

Cheers guys! Do many of you run the monitor with a single or dual GPU? Much problems running one of these of a single HD7970 with 3GB VRAM with games running that high resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Cheers guys! Do many of you run the monitor with a single or dual GPU? Much problems running one of these of a single HD7970 with 3GB VRAM with games running that high resolution?
    Im running mine off a single gtx 670 with no problems.

• Advertisement

Squaredude wrote: »
    Im running mine off a single gtx 670 with no problems.

Perfect thanks! Do you have much troubles with the stand or anything? Going to order one of these in the next day or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

A friend mine got a new monitor recently. Just a standard 22 inch led but it just reminded my of how unbearable Pulse Width Modulation used for dimming is. I can only look at the screen for short periods of time.

Any update on a 2560x1440 cheap Korean display that does not use PWM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Perfect thanks! Do you have much troubles with the stand or anything? Going to order one of these in the next day or two!

Absolutely no problems with the stand. Wobbles from time to time if I knock off my desk, but nothing major.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Run mine off a 560ti and it's fine, stand is fine.

Squaredude wrote: »
    Absolutely no problems with the stand. Wobbles from time to time if I knock off my desk, but nothing major.
    Run mine off a 560ti and it's fine, stand is fine.

Thank you guys! One final question then :)

Did all of you go for the matte version? I read on some forums and Youtube reviews that Glossy offers the best color vibrancy and better perceived blacks? Any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

I hate glossy monitors, you just sit there looking at yourself in a mirror. The matter on this is half matte half glossy really, it's very nice.

Cheers getting in touch with the seller!

Accessorieswhole on ebay have all the same models but some are listed as having dead pixels (3-5) etc and are slightly cheaper by 30-40 euro! Some are also listed as say a Samsung Brand PLS panel and what not? eg:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-Matte-Perfect-Pixel-27-2560x1440-PC-Monitor-/111088789065?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19dd686649 - €272.84 - Perfect Pixel

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/QNIX-QX2710-LED-Evolution-ll-Matte-27-2560x1440-SAMSUNG-PLS-27in-PC-Monitor-/111078161308?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item19dcc63b9c - €242.52 - Noted as 3 possible dead pixel!

Did you all pick the perfect pixel option or are they a much for much? Just want to get the right one :)

I did not get perfect pixel as they are dearer. i had a 5 dead pixel limit or 2 in the centre area, but it came with no dead pixels anyway.

So worth chancing it then?

• Advertisement

Most people think it doesnt matter, but its up to you!

Advertisement