Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Minnesota Vikings????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

AP coming back to train this week in the OTAs. Agent Dogra will cop all the blame for the trade / leaving / retiring talk. As predicted, he'll be back in purple.

""I'm returning because I want to. I'm a part of this football team and I owe it to the guys I play with and to our coaches, I was planning on coming in this week, and I'm looking forward to getting back on the field. It's what I love to do."

One problem resolved, season probably still hinges on whether someone can step up and protect young TB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I think if they run the ball well, he will get the extra half a second on passing plays to enable him to excel.

Whether he does or not is a different kettle of ball games.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,424 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

AP coming back to train this week in the OTAs. Agent Dogra will cop all the blame for the trade / leaving / retiring talk. As predicted, he'll be back in purple.

""I'm returning because I want to. I'm a part of this football team and I owe it to the guys I play with and to our coaches, I was planning on coming in this week, and I'm looking forward to getting back on the field. It's what I love to do."

One problem resolved, season probably still hinges on whether someone can step up and protect young TB.

well he wasn't going anywhere else regardless of what he or his agent said.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

D9Male wrote: »
    I think if they run the ball well, he will get the extra half a second on passing plays to enable him to excel.

Whether he does or not is a different kettle of ball games.

He will, he's going to be superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

tell you what... mike zimmer must be a legend! AP back is gonna be huge! All ye need is for the Oline to step up!! having AP in the backfield will keep the defense honest - and set them up as a run first team - giving teddy time on the ball - and wallace and patterson time to streak downfield

Could be playoff bound.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

The Folks over at Last word on sports are doing a Mount Rushmore series for every NFL team. They just published the Vikings Mount Rushmore
    http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/06/12/minnesota-vikings-mount-rushmore/

Do you guys agree? Who would you have

So are we still optimistic? Zimmer is now 5-0 in pre-season games. :)

Seems like the off-season noises around Teddy and Peterson couldn't be better. Both of them look like they are fit enough and motivated enough to have good seasons.

I didn't see the game, but it sounds like Waynes did little to dispel the bad buzz around him in training camp.

Barr getting fit before Week 1 is crucial.

Any other thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I think Waynes will be ok. One blown coverage last night, but the rest we're good plays, he just made inexperienced mistakes to draw flags, stuff he's used to getting away with. Terrance Newman has been excellent in camp anyway so between him and Munnerlyn in the slot, hopefully Waynes wont have to see the field much in any case this year. Barr's a bit of a concern, need him certainly. Diggs looks a very exciting player, wouldnt be surprised to see him leapfrog Patterson in the pecking order

Loadholt injury is not good news. Not good at all.

Just saw the highlights of the game against the Bucs. Nice to see some of Bridgwater's throws. Particularly while on the move.

A lot of pressure on Clemmings. I dunno, we'd have to pay a lot of money for Mathis who is really a guard to come in and play OT. I don't think zimmer or the owners will go for it, think they are gonna trust clemmings and whoever else is behind him on the depth chart.

It's a worry, but if Clemmings comes good we're OK. Big if !...

Loadholt is probably done at this stage having fought his way back from injury. Tough one for him to swallow.

Pre-season games are a minefield. results mean nothing when key guys are lost for the season.

• Advertisement

Clemmings was tracked as first round potential until he got a foot injury.... i think he will be a very capable replacement... its not like loadholt was elite! Its gonna be a bit of a change but i think will make a better line!

Clemmings was tracked as first round potential until he got a foot injury.... i think he will be a very capable replacement... its not like loadholt was elite! Its gonna be a bit of a change but i think will make a better line!

Loadholt would have been solid, right now we can only hope that a rookie lives up to his potential and that we were right that the stress fracture in his foot wont cause an issue.

It also exposes us to a serious issue if clemmings got hurt. He cant play every down on offence either. Given that we have question marks over Kalil and another rookie as back up to Clemmings (Austin shepherd) I'm nervous alright!

Maybe babatunde gets a practice squad spot after all....at RT.

I assume Brandon Fusco could do a job there, but they moved him over to LG in the first place because they thought Kalil needed help and nothing Kalil has done since has eased those worries. It's hard times alright, was the weakest area of the team to begin with

the whole line will improve if kalil plays well! And he knows he has to with him playing the 4th year of his contract! I still think with the speed that vikes play - with ap back - and the screen passes that teddy likes he will have enough time in the pocket! But imagine if he got a bit more time with wallace going deep it could make for a savage season!

Point to note from the 2 vikes pre season games - Rudolph looks strong - and could thrive under turners offence!

Lets see what kind of workout Khalil Mack gives Kalil. Will be interesting.

Until Rudolph gets injured. Rudolph will have an amazing year if he ever stays healthy, seriously talented tight end, although lacking the flat out speed to be at the very top. I think ive given up on Patterson as a receiver. Will be disappointed if Diggs can't bypass him to WR4 at some stage. Wright has the slot receiver position wrapped up id imagine going on camp and pre season so far

Patterson looks to be a busted flush. If the coach goes and gets you extra help and you turn it down, you better have some sort of incredible camp. By all accounts, he didn't. Far from it.

They can just write off patterson - when players like johnson can come in an excel with teddy under centre it makes no sense why patterson isnt doing it! He doesnt remember plays or routes so it must not be that important for him!! Pity cos he is fast!!

What's going on with Blair Walsh...getting worse and worse. You have to worry about a 2-6 FG record and a missed EP in pre-season.

Reading a few things that Mike Wallace has a bit to do before he convinces anyone, centre John Sullivan missing the last week with a back issue. There's a guy we do not need to be missing for too much time.

I'm definitely starting to get nervy here!

Patterson looking like he'll be running returns for special teams, I'm ok with that. Prob not time to give up on him at WR just yet but there is enough there not to have to worry about it too much.

Blair Walsh 2 from 3, not bad but the miss was within range. Question marks.

Yankey was pretty bad, which gives me no comfort given that Kalil, decent pre-season aside, is still a worry.

• Advertisement

Game day, I have a nagging feeling that Blair Walsh is gonna cost us with extra point misses from the extra distance. Losing Sullivan makes that O-Line look even more suspect, AP may be super human but he needs some sort of assistance there. Not so much worried about pretty Teddy as I am not getting the run game moving and blowing a load of FGs and potentially the odd extra point because Walsh has gone to pieces.

ps...even though there aren't many of us, can we get the ???? out of the the thread title!!?

I am a lot less positive than I was a few weeks ago. I think injuries might bite us. Good to see our divisional rivals throw away good chances. The Pack won't be passed at the top, I think.

D9Male wrote: »
    I am a lot less positive than I was a few weeks ago. I think injuries might bite us. Good to see our divisional rivals throw away good chances. The Pack won't be passed at the top, I think.

Worryingly the bears didn't look as bad as i thought they might.

Tonight will reveal a lot.

Jesus Sullivan gone too? Feck. Massive stuff tonight. Serious hope that this D will be excellent. Anthony Barr for Defensive MVP!!! OL is a massive worry obviously. Enjoy anyway guys

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Jesus Sullivan gone too? Feck. Massive stuff tonight. Serious hope that this D will be excellent. Anthony Barr for Defensive MVP!!! OL is a massive worry obviously. Enjoy anyway guys

Probably gone for the season. We're stuggling in there, but one or two more injuries and we'd be really really screwed.

Sorry on holidays. Jesus he's out for 8 games. Christ this could be bad. I think Teddy's movement is thankfully excellent so might negate things a bit. Still thats our best two OL's gone out of an already struggling line

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Sorry on holidays. Jesus he's out for 8 games. Christ this could be bad. I think Teddy's movement is thankfully excellent so might negate things a bit. Still thats our best two OL's gone out of an already struggling line

I'm less worried about TB and more worried about our ability to generate any kind of running game with that patchy OL. There hasnt be a lot of evidence for it in the pre-season and AP is going to need some sort of help from the OL. He's a legend, but he can't run through holes that don't exist!

Well that was completely awful. Serves me right for daring to be hopeful!

TB was rattled and made some poor calls, Norv didn't help. Why after the first turnover did he not give the ball to AP instead of going 3 and out and letting Blair Walsh continue to be the worst kicker in the league.

The OL was made of paper, a huge big porous sloppy mound of nothing. No wonder Teddy was rattled. Surprisingly Kalil was ok, Fusco was dreadful.

Run D was so bad. Soooo bad.

Just a generally jittery poor performance. Looked like a team that drank their own pre-season kool aid and came in high off it, got their a$$es handed to them by a not terrific SF team, all credit to them.

You could complain about some of the calls, but look, we were grim and we need to face up to it. Over to you Zimm, big test for you.

• Advertisement

Agreed on all of that. Bad performance all round. Run defence shredded. OL useless. Poor from QB and AP didn't do much even when he had some room.

Only chink of light is that 9ers were clearly pumped up and primed.

That said, I would take 8-8 now.

Advertisement