Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa Ultimate team 12 web app released!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Geez, I'll take stuff if it's going for free :D

To add, work on your defending - defence wins matches. Get into the habit of getting AI to pressure man with ball and take control of tracking the run yourself. The new defensive system takes a bit of practice, but it pays off!

In Ultimate Team, you can get away with more than in normal games (as a result of good chemistry) - expect some teams / players to try 35 yard shots.

Pace is incredibly important - possibly too important. Nesta, while a good defender, isn't the greatest buy in Ultimate Team - gets left for dead.

If I play you and you have a manager card that adds nothing to chemistry, it irks me. Get a manager in the right formation or nationality (ONLY in the cases of a singular national side).

Play the AI tournaments - gets you used to playing with your team, Ultimate Team and gets you coins. Can work on your chem here before taking it online...Plus they're less stressful 99% of the time.

I'd advise starting at Bronze and working your way up / starting over at silver to make a new team. Means you can get used to the game without Messi-Ronaldo Barca/Real supersquads. Also, there are INCREDIBLY good players in lower leagues.

If you want to make trade profit, learn some of the markets. Would advise against buying packs for the most part. Usually not worth it (but at the same time, you can strike it lucky).

To answer your question about chemistry vs good team - chemistry EVERY time. Has more of an impact at bronze and silver levels, but can still turn the tide at gold.
    Also, one thing a lot of people dont know about is, is to buy lots of Staff cards. They can make your team a fair bit better if you buy enough of them such as shooting ones, pace ones, speed ones etc.

They dont even expire which is great, just buy them, add to club and thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Also, one thing a lot of people dont know about is, is to buy lots of Staff cards. They can make your team a fair bit better if you buy enough of them such as shooting ones, pace ones, speed ones etc.

I thought they only effect attribute cards, healing, fitness and so on? Don't think they have a direct effect on the players at all tbh.

Knex. wrote: »
    I thought they only effect attribute cards, healing, fitness and so on? Don't think they have a direct effect on the players at all tbh.
    Oh right maybe your right, I only found out about them a few days ago as I had never noticed them before, and a guy on a forum said they make every player on your teams shooting go up 10%, pace up 10% or 5% or whatever the cards are :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

If I were to organise an xbox tournament would people be interested. 1k entry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Might give it a shot.

🤪

• Advertisement

If I were to organise an xbox tournament would people be interested. 1k entry

Yeah definitely. Would it matter if my team was all Gold though and say, yours for example, was Silvers?

Nope open tournament so only one rule.

No performance enhancing cards. (Shooting +10)

Thank this post if interested.

Entry would be 1.1k because of 5% ea tax

Whats the prize for the winner, runners up or whatever?

Whats the prize for the winner, runners up or whatever?

Il work that bit out after I get an idea of numbers . Id say winner gets 75% and runner up gets 25% of prize fund

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

i'd be interested in joining if its open for anyone ?
    I had 10,000 left this morning and bought a pack with the coins and got david villa and vidic in the same pack :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Staff cards a.k.a. coaches won't add to a players attribute on their own. They only give a bonus when you use a training card on a player. For example if you use a +15 pace card on a player and you have a coach that gives "Pace +15%", then your player will get a boost of +17 pace (15 pace plus the 15% bonus) for the next game only. If you don't use any of the various training cards on a regular basis (shooting, pace, passing, defending, etc.), then you don't really need coaches.

Also, if this tournament idea takes off then I'll donate 100k coins or so to the prize fund biggrin.gif

jamescd wrote: »

Staff cards a.k.a. coaches won't add to a players attribute on their own. They only give a bonus when you use a training card on a player. For example if you use a +15 pace card on a player and you have a coach that gives "Pace +15%", then your player will get a boost of +17 pace (15 pace plus the 15% bonus) for the next game only. If you don't use any of the various training cards on a regular basis (shooting, pace, passing, defending, etc.), then you don't really need coaches.

Also, if this tournament idea takes off then I'll donate 100k coins or so to the prize fund biggrin.gif

Il add 10K

Gave these players to Axwell since he asked nicely tongue.gif

Ashley Young
    Gervinho
    Essien
    Clichy
    Toure
    Vermaelen
    Glen Johnson
    Joe Hart

And gave 15 or so shiny Premier League players to Charlie Haughy

Happy christmas :D:D

I will make up a spreadsheet for tourney later on

Ashley Young
    Gervinho
    Essien
    Clichy
    Toure
    Vermaelen
    Glen Johnson
    Joe Hart

Wow, fair play man! How loaded are you exactly in FUT? :D

Nothing much, just a couple of million :D:D:D

Mind sharing a few tips

Jaysus, whenever I make 30,000 grand I spend it like and idiot and have to start from scratch again :p

Mind sharing a few tips

You probably know most of the money making tips so I'll give you the best one. Trade offer. What I do is offer some useless bronze player or whatever and the rest in coins. You'll be surprised how many people accept your offer even if it's way below market value. Last night I got two Messi's for 540k each, and sold them straight away for more than 600k each. Also got Gerrard for 118k and sold him for 155k. Iniesta bought for 185k and sold for 240k.

Just look for players within your price range, and put some trade offers in.

How did you make the coins to send the offers :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Ashley Young
    Gervinho
    Essien
    Clichy
    Toure
    Vermaelen
    Glen Johnson
    Joe Hart

Wow that was very generous! That's worth more than my whole team I reckon! Jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Any tips for improving my whopping 1,240 Coins?

I did the 59th minute thing for a while. And just bid on players really that I thought were profitable. Made a couple hundred grand this way.

Then I started doing trade offers and never looked back. I just have a quick look at what's on auction, leave a trade offer and play a game or whatever. Much more enjoyable biggrin.gif

I did the 59th minute thing for a while. And just bid on players really that I thought were profitable. Made a couple hundred grand this way.

Then I started doing trade offers and never looked back. I just have a quick look at what's on auction, leave a trade offer and play a game or whatever. Much more enjoyable biggrin.gif

Gonna try that for a bit and see wat happens

Any tips for improving my whopping 1,240 Coins?

Ask for donations ? :p

I'm sorry to say that I've forgotten what I did when I had less than 2k lol. All I remember is playing games, winning tournaments until I had like 30k or so. Then I started buying and selling, players, formation cards, healing cards, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I have assets which would put me up to about 7K I guess

I have a few players left from my Mexican silvers but 2 are injured

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#ixvRBTWubcnp4

Just sold a Danny Graham for 400 coins more than I spent :cool:

I have assets which would put me up to about 7K I guess

I have a few players left from my Mexican silvers but 2 are injured

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/show-off#ixvRBTWubcnp4

Just sold a Danny Graham for 400 coins more than I spent :cool:

Are you aware of 5% ea tax on sales on ultimate team

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Stick me down for the tournament if it goes ahead

Have you finished off the team yet ? Recommend Chicharito, absolute beast. Cheap enough too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭ConorBF1

Just created my Ultimate Team there! Looking forward to the journey ahead. :P

1) How important is chemistry?

2) Will an all EPL team have good chemistry even if they are varied nationality's and clubs?

Thanks.

Oh, and if anyone wants to donate any cards, I'd be greatful. ;)

Advertisement