Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Partisan Approach of Moderator

• 22-08-2014 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

I have no interest in being readmitted to that offensive thread in After Hours about Israel. However, I have been informed by another moderator who feels that it was the pro-Palestinians who were behaving badly, rather than myself, that according to moderation rules, a moderator must warn other users not to continue insulting and quoting another user's messages after he has been kicked out of a thread. Since no such warning has been issued, and since the other users continue to insult me and quote me in my absence, the other moderator informed me that Humanji (After Hours Moderator) is acting in a partisan manner which infringes the rules for moderators on Boards.ie. I wish for this to be investigated.

I would also add, I at no stage advocated the killing of children. I merely stated that if someone chooses to live by the sword, I have no sympathy for them if they suffer by it. That doesn't mean I advocate harm on anyone. If some lunatic drives his car at 210km per hour, and hurts himself by crashing into a wall, it is not advocating his suffering injury, or God forbid worse, to say that he was stupid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

... according to moderation rules, a moderator must warn other users not to continue insulting and quoting another user's messages after he has been kicked out of a thread...

No such rule exists.

Do you wish to dispute a warning/infraction/ban issued against you, and if so, have you discussed it with the moderator in question first?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ignorant etc.

Penn wrote: »
    No such rule exists.

Do you wish to dispute a warning/infraction/ban issued against you, and if so, have you discussed it with the moderator in question first?

Ah so you advocate people rubbishing and insulting others in their absence. Thank-you.

Ah so you advocate people rubbishing and insulting others in their absence. Thank-you.

No, I merely stated that the rule you were citing does not exist, and therefore cannot be used to claim that the moderator in question is infringing on the moderation rules or acting in a partisan manner. If you believe a post breaches the forum rules, report it, and the moderators for that forum will assess it and act on it if necessary.

Are you disputing a warning/infraction/ban? That is the only thing up for discussion here.

No, I merely stated that the rule you were citing does not exist, and therefore cannot be used to claim that the moderator in question is infringing on the moderation rules or acting in a partisan manner. If you believe a post breaches the forum rules, report it, and the moderators for that forum will assess it and act on it if necessary.

Are you disputing a warning/infraction/ban? That is the only thing up for discussion here.

Yes, but the problem with banning somebody from a thread, or subforum, is that the other posters can then go on insulting him/her with impunity because that poster can't access, at least not logged in, the offending posts to report them.

So yes, you are advocating insulting people when they are absent.

Thank-you.

• Advertisement

I've already told you I'm not, I told you that in the first sentence. Is there something about it you can't understand?

I'm complaining about the partisan approach of your admin, but as you clearly subscribe to this racist and partisan approach, I can see there is very little possibility of making any headway against the racist and bigotted clique that is Boards.ie.

Thank-you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,049 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And that's the end of this then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement