Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One set of rules for some people and a complete opposite set for certain people!

• 19-08-2014 9:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭

Ok ive been banned from health and fitness, for a certain post fair enough but i see some people are still posting away, even though they have committed the exact same offense as me if not worse, id just like to know why some people on here are allowed to insult with impunity and yet others are banned straight away.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,949 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you or aren't you contesting your ban?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Spear wrote: »
    Are you or aren't you contesting your ban?

Yes, if the bans arent going to be dished out evenly, and fairly then i dont see why i should be banned, when others are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,734 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have you discussed this ban with the mod? (See first step in the process outlined above.)

If you cannot resolve this with the mod, you can come back here to appeal & myself or one of the other Rec CMods will review it.

Please note that your appeal will be reviewed based solely on your actions. The actions of others are not up for discussion here & are wholly irrelevant to your ban.

tHB

Have you discussed this ban with the mod? (See first step in the process outlined above.)

If you cannot resolve this with the mod, you can come back here to appeal & myself or one of the other Rec CMods will review it.

Please note that your appeal will be reviewed based solely on your actions. The actions of others are not up for discussion here & are wholly irrelevant to your ban.

tHB

Hey thanks for the reply

I have messaged the mod still waiting on a reply tho, how do you come to an accurate conclusion of who was in the wrong if you cant assess the situation as a whole? and all partys involved?

You were banned for your behaviour. If you felt that other posters' behaviour was in contravention to the site rules or forum charter you should have used the Report Post function & let a mod deal with it.

• Advertisement

You were banned for your behaviour. If you felt that other posters' behaviour was in contravention to the site rules or forum charter you should have used the Report Post function & let a mod deal with it.

How do i report? never knew you could do that, i just assumed sense the admin went thru the post, he d see theres aswell.

The Report Post button is a small red/white triangular icon in the panel to the left of each post.

While you may report other posts in that thread, yet again I will remind you that it will have no bearing on any review of your actions that resulted in your ban.

The Report Post button is a small red/white triangular icon in the panel to the left of each post.

While you may report other posts in that thread, yet again I will remind you that it will have no bearing on any review of your actions that resulted in your ban.

Oh thats fair enough i accept my ban i just want it to be a level playing field, and the others in the thread that did the same to be banned.

Again - Others may, or may not, have been sanctioned by a moderator. That is irrelevant to your ban. Your ban was for your behaviour.

I have now reviewed that thread. You were uncivil to another poster & resorted to name-calling. That is why you received a 3 day ban. In my opinion you were lucky as while you originally offered an alternative to what the OP requested, even when they clarified their needs & the rationale for it you persisted in bickering with other posters, thus dragging the thread off-topic.

Personally, I would have given you at least a week.

Ban upheld. You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

Final word - I strongly suggest that you change your posting style in that forum or you will find that your access privileges may be revoked again, & for a longer period.

Again - Others may, or may not, have been sanctioned by a moderator. That is irrelevant to your ban. Your ban was for your behaviour.

I have now reviewed that thread. You were uncivil to another poster & resorted to name-calling. That is why you received a 3 day ban. In my opinion you were lucky as while you originally offered an alternative to what the OP requested, even when they clarified their needs & the rationale for it you persisted in bickering with other posters, thus dragging the thread off-topic.

Personally, I would have given you at least a week.

Ban upheld. You may appeal to an Admin if you wish.

Final word - I strongly suggest that you change your posting style in that forum or you will find that your access privileges may be revoked again, & for a longer period.

But were others not as bad aswell? i assume you re on about the personal fitness one? i did not resort to bickering, i offered the best advice i could and ment well while trying to help, then you will see 2 others join in and be little what i said, but apparently thats alright ? i gave back as good as i got but i did not start it!

And yet im singled out and punished for it.

• Advertisement

evo2000 wrote:
    By trolling you mean my opinion differs from yours, go back to your crossfit and dont be annoying me you gimp.

Others did not lower themselves to name-calling as you did. This is why you were banned.

Appeal to an Admin if you wish.

Others did not lower themselves to name-calling as you did. This is why you were banned.

Appeal to an Admin if you wish.

Thats a barefaced lie, had the thread not being deleted id happily have proven it too, there were plenty of personal attacks and insults towards me on that thread,

Favoritism at its best, but there isnt a whole lot i can do about it and its pointless even discussing it with ye clearly yer against me before ive even had my say.

Lesson learned ill be more shrewd about who i disagree with and when dealing with admins little pets.

Thanks for your time!

Let me be clear - I have reread that thread several times now & it was only you who resorted to name-calling. Others may have disagreed with your point of view & put forward their case strongly - as you did yourself - & that's fine as healthy debate is encouraged. Overall, the thread remained civil until you called another poster a "gimp". There was no favouritism on-thread.

If a lesson is to be learned it is to use the report post function in future.

As you no longer contest the ban I will request that this be marked as resolved. You may address your issue of perceived favouritism in the Feedback forum if you wish.

tHB

Let me be clear - I have reread that thread several times now & it was only you who resorted to name-calling. Others may have disagreed with your point of view & put forward their case strongly - as you did yourself - & that's fine as healthy debate is encouraged. Overall, the thread remained civil until you called another poster a "gimp". There was no favouritism on-thread.

If a lesson is to be learned it is to use the report post function in future.

As you no longer contest the ban I will request that this be marked as resolved. You may address your issue of perceived favouritism in the Feedback forum if you wish.

tHB

So just to clarify then, the rule is one insult, one 3 day ban? is that correct?
    If someone insults me and report it, i can 100% expect them to be banned as i have been ?

It depends on the severity of the insult & other mitigating factors, but by & large that is how it works. Queries such as this are more suited to Help Desk. If you have any more questions - please post in that forum.

It depends on the severity of the insult & other mitigating factors, but by & large that is how it works. Queries such as this are more suited to Help Desk. If you have any more questions - please post in that forum.

Can you give an example of what falls under "mitigating factors" so i understand clearly,

Im guessing

Backhanded insults,
    Sly Digs
    Mockery
    Provocation

Dont fall under that category as i have been banned and the person that went off topic and provoked me into insulting them and then reported me got no punishment.

Thanks again for you re help.

Raise this in the Help Desk as I mentioned above.

With regards to.your DRP - I have upheld the ban. You may appeal to an Admin or accept the ban. Please note that is the end of my engagement in this particular appeal.

With regards to.your DRP - I have upheld the ban. You may appeal to an Admin or accept the ban. Please note that is the end of my engagement in this particular appeal.

Yeah no problem is there anyway you can move this thread to the help so i can get the answers there and they will have reference as too what im goin on about without me having to explain again.

Also is there a way to get the orignal thread back? so we can all have an accurate idea and some proof of what was said as opposed to hear say, i dont think it was a smart thing to do deleting the thread before the issue had been resolved.

As stated before - the actions of others are not relevant to your ban. You were uncivil. You were banned for this. Any sanction that others may be subject to is not up for discussion here.

• Advertisement

As stated before - the actions of others are not relevant to your ban. You were uncivil. You were banned for this. Any sanction that others may be subject to is not up for discussion here.

I accept my ban the issue as stated before is fairness and favoritism

I have no problem with my ban as i broke the rules fair enough my problem is others that have done so aswell receiving no punishment what so ever, you said to take that up at the help desk that is what im trying which is why i requested the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

evo2000 wrote: »
    Yeah no problem is there anyway you can move this thread to the help so i can get the answers there and they will have reference as too what im goin on about without me having to explain again.
    If you wish to post elsewhere you can link to this thread for reference.

If you want to report other posts, please report them for the mods.

As this has achieved an outcome as per the large image above, this thread is closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement