Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

riello burner oil leak

• 27-11-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

hi my reillo burner is leaking diesel,its not much but to be honest don't know anything about these things,firstly is this dangerous ?burner is in shed.im wondering can it be repaired or would I be better off buying a new one?im in the d7 area and if anyone can recommend,a plumber I would be very grateful
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

post a pic of where its leaking from it might be something small that could be done as part of a service if you could tell the plumber what part is require he can bring it with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

It's rare that an oil leak is terminal.

Does it leak all the time or just when on ??

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭superbluedub

It's rare that an oil leak is terminal.

Does it leak all the time or just when on ??

to be honest I don't know,i took the cover of by loosening 3 screws the bottom of the cover on the outside had diesel on it,and there was also diesel on the inside of cover,i wiped the burner down ,(seemed to be wetter on the right hand side)but could not see were leak was coming from,then I started burner and still couldn't find leak.

,i wiped the burner down ,(seemed to be wetter on the right hand side)but could not see were leak was coming from,then I started burner and still couldn't find leak.

It sounds like the Hydraulic Ram seal, €1 plus fitting.

Dry off and when the burner is running/firing check the small brass part on the right hand side.

tks will try that and report back,any recommendations on a plumber in my area?

• Advertisement

Wheres that then !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Wheres that then !!!

D7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

cabra

anthonyos wrote: »
    cabra

Our DGOBS covers that area but not sure if he's allowed to be recommended anymore.:confused: Did know another lad who went anywhere but i don't think he could cope with all the work. :eek:

It sounds like the Hydraulic Ram seal, €1 plus fitting.

Dry off and when the burner is running/firing check the small brass part on the right hand side.

hi done what you said,and yes there does appear to be a trickle of diesel coming from the brass part,and running along a copper pipey thingy ,over to the left hand side of burner:D
    thanks for your help
    billy and all the other replys from the other lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement