Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Colour suggestions for kitchen tiles?

• 28-03-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Just got new kitchen fitted and can't decide on a colour for the tiles -cream/vanilla (on the yellow side!) cupboards with black granite work tops. Wooden floor (light oak).

All the tiles I see in the shops are very neutral -beige/magnolia colours. I want a colour.....just can't decide what would look good and can't afford to retile again in a year or so if I don't like it so.........any suggestions. Can't just go with paint and a glass/perspex splashback as when the original tiles were removed the wall is in a state behind them- would need replastering if I wanted to paint it.

Any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

My parents had a similar colour scheme and went for bright turquoise. It looks amazing and won't go out of fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Interesting- someone else suggested duck egg blue but do you think I can find any tiles in that colour?

All the tile shops seem to have are red, cream ,variations of magnolia. Will have a scout around for turquoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭u2thepale

I got a new kicthen put in last year and had a similar dilemma, there was really old blue & yellow tiles on the wall above the coutertop really dated looking , pulled off the tiles and left the wall in a state, we got it replastered and then we painted but wasnt 100% happy with the paint look , the colour was right but not the look , decided to get a back splash from colourglass and I love it and more importantly she does!!!

I posted here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055344173

Considering you probably have spent a good few bob on the kitchen like myself , I found it well worth the extra few bob to get the backsplash in .

obviously all down to taste , but I wouldn't let the state of the wall stop you !!! anyway thats my two cents ...

****No affilaition by the way***

Advertisement