Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifth Series of 24 on Sky

• 08-02-2006 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Anyone catch the prequel to the new series on Sky last Sunday? I missed it and am raging! Will it be repeated does anyone know and is it planned to air on RTE at any stage?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

worry not
    DRAMA: 24 - Prequel
    Channel: Sky Two
    Date: Thursday 9th February 2006
    Time: 21:00 to 21:10 (starting in 1 day)
    Duration: 10 minutes.
    It's over a year since Jack Bauer faked his own death and vanished. But he's back, in a tyre-screeching prequel to Day Five. You can run, Jack, but you can't hide...
    (New Series, Widescreen)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=53031
    Copyright GipsyMedia Ltd.

it is more of a car advert than anything important. it has nothing to do with the storyline for Day 5. it is also available on Sky Active somewhere

no news on RTÉ showings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The preview is just a 10 minute Toyota ad really. It has nothing to do with the events that happen on Day 5, though it does kind of give the impression that it is immediately before Day 5 begins because the clock appears right at the end of it.

I'm sure it'll be shown again on all the Sky channels in the run up to the new series starting. I know it's not like Sky to repeat something ad-infinitum, but I'm sure they could make an exception this once :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭geraghd

Ah crap! What the hell is Sky Two?! Dont have that channel. But how do you know its nothing to do with the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Day 5 sucks, like all the other days.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

24 forum, for anyone interested...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

geraghd wrote:
    Ah crap! What the hell is Sky Two?! Dont have that channel. But how do you know its nothing to do with the story?
    Sky Two is Sky One, only tomorrow night.

I've seen the first 7 episodes of Day 5 and the 10 minute preview has no bearing on what happens. Jack looks like a hobo, scruffy beard, dirty clothes and so on, and yet he is driving around in a brand new Toyota Prius.

The opening of day 5 is several months later, oh and it's a good opening too. Check out the 24 forum linked above, but don't read the spoiler threads before you see the episode being discussed as it'll ruin it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Lump wrote:
    Day 5 sucks, like all the other days.

John

Nah,its a lot better than last year,very good start to Day 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭geraghd

jor el wrote:
    Sky Two is Sky One, only tomorrow night.

I've seen the first 7 episodes of Day 5 and the 10 minute preview has no bearing on what happens. Jack looks like a hobo, scruffy beard, dirty clothes and so on, and yet he is driving around in a brand new Toyota Prius.

The opening of day 5 is several months later, oh and it's a good opening too. Check out the 24 forum linked above, but don't read the spoiler threads before you see the episode being discussed as it'll ruin it for you.
    How do you mean its Sky one only tomorrow night? Ive checked teh schedule and its not down for Sky one on thurs...

what he means is Sky Two repeat lots of Sky One programming a day later

24 Day 5 starts sunday with a double bill on Sky One

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

when does he sleep? or take a piss?

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote:
    when does he sleep? or take a piss?

they actually filmed Kiefer Sutherland coming out of a toilet in pyjamas but never included it

see this interview he did with The Telegraph

Advertisement