Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Counting Machines

• 23-02-2013 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

Anyone know where I can find one in the city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Tesco Paul St used to have one, its just outside the tesco but im not too sure if its still there.

TBH, just count it yourself some night. Those machines take minimum 10% which can work out to be a lot of money.

I once counted about 10kg of change and I had €180. It took me an hour to count it and to think a machine would have taken €18 to do the same task.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

the one in tesco is still there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Centra in Bishopstown have one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

When I buy anything in Tesco, I go to their self service machines and use lots of small coins to pay. A bit like a counting machine, but it does not deduct a percentage. Very convenient or piles of small change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Chaya Cool Blackberry

Ya the machines take 10%
    I'd rather count it my self

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭grange mac

Diziet wrote: »
    When I buy anything in Tesco, I go to their self service machines and use lots of small coins to pay. A bit like a counting machine, but it does not deduct a percentage. Very convenient or piles of small change.

Agreed I go shopping early and then give few min emptying pkts with all small change. just seaprate out 50c and above then fill your pkts wit change. No holding up que at that time of morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I could be wrong about this, but I don't think Tesco deduct the 10% fee if you use one of their machines and then spend the lot at Tesco. Check first in case I'm wrong though.

Also a few SuperValu stores around the place have those machines too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I thought the same in tesco. 10% for cash or a tesco voucher for full amount. As above... Check that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Thought it was 8% on the Tesco coin machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mp3697

Anyone know of a machine around Haddington Road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

mp3697 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a machine around Haddington Road?

Where is Haddington Road...I hope you don't mean the Haddington Road in Dublin :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mp3697

Ludo wrote: »
    Where is Haddington Road...I hope you don't mean the Haddington Road in Dublin :eek:

My bad, sorry - I had Googled "coin counting machine Ireland" and just clicked on the first boards.ie link I saw. Will repost appropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Aren't there cheap-ish coin counting machines you can buy? Probably a good idea in the long run.

I need to get one, I'm (terrible/great) for hoarding coins, then going to the bank every year or two with a sackful of coinbags. I cashed in a big load when paying the deposit on my home - I'd swear my arms are longer from hauling those bags to the bank.

Advertisement