Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

That's what I was told today but again it's the gards they said the same 4 years ago and ended up with Toyota.
    But I was told Volvo had a car in the UK and management was sent to look at it and the defence forces where there to look at a truck at the same event so I heard.

That's emergency service expo ? Be very surprised if they would get them took them years to get BMW into the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

POGAN wrote: »
    No more fiats vans all transits is the way they will

Aren't the Guards buying LDV these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

wexfjord wrote: »
    Aren't the Guards buying LDV these days?

Nope that's An post and Prison service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

jesus those ldv's would be awful yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Volvo design department got things done extremely well. Savage machine.

• Advertisement

Ref carpi post on the v70 that's around it's one 2 of them purchase from Thames valley police it's a police spec car purchase when short term replacement needed for RSU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Nice insignia D Trent

Ref insignia in gallery after been rammed it's back on road before Xmas

Do they have in house repair team or is it sent back to an Opel dealer?

Cost a bit I guess to put right. Were bags out?

What way are they holding up are they a good driver and actually handle?

Do they have in house repair team or is it sent back to an Opel dealer?

Cost a bit I guess to put right. Were bags out?

What way are they holding up are they a good driver and actually handle?

Local ford garage normal but May send to Opel garage for some work.

They good from the ones I know about no real issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

It would be interesting to compare the outcome had that been a Hyundai.

kub wrote: »

Opel on traffic would be driving less than regular Hyundai though.

One Opel I know has under 100k on it still for 142 reg but 142 reg i40 could have double or more on it

kub wrote: »

The Hyundai would have been repaired too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Any favourite emerging in the Q7 v's 5 series 'in service' ?( One thing that gets me daily is the number of speed bumps around that are not uniform in contour, unmarked/worn markings, have 'raised' themselves due to the surface either side sinking (Whitworth Rd).) So does the Audi have the advantage over a loaded BMW when dealing with speed bumps in built up areas, and the BMW would be good for motorway chases ?

Michigan State police do a test of available vehicles every year so police countrywide can choose what best suits them
    https://www.justnet.org/pdf/2016-Model-Year-Police-Vehicle-Evaluation-Test-Book.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mac Man

Boaty wrote: »
    Black armoured 7 series in Dunlin, is it privately owned?

Also I thought the Q7s were only for ERU?

The armoured 7 series is either from one of the embassies or is hired in from BMW when certain Heads of State visit. Not part of fleet.

Mac Man wrote: »
    The armoured 7 series is either from one of the embassies or is hired in from BMW when certain Heads of State visit. Not part of fleet.

Embassy car,always got a 5 series behind. Another embassy uses an armoured Discovery, again with a 5 series in tow ;)

Capri wrote: »
    Embassy car,always got a 5 series behind. Another embassy uses an armoured Discovery, again with a 5 series in tow ;)

There's more than one armored BMW knocking around Dublin.

It looks like they've purchased more VW cars like that browne passat

Limited purchase I would be thinking

• Advertisement

Regards the Volvo they would have been special limited purchase.

As you know they had the 4x4 for armed and the one bought from police in UK later on.

There is a bit turbo v70 I believe also 2014 or 2015 can't remember exactly. I may have model mixed but there are a few.

Regards the Volvo they would have been special limited purchase.

As you know they had the 4x4 for armed and the one bought from police in UK later on.

There is a bit turbo v70 I believe also 2014 or 2015 can't remember exactly. I may have model mixed but there are a few.

Don't GSOC have a marked up V40 (S/V 40 basically Focus clothed by Volvo ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭source

There were a few marked S40s, didn't know of unmarked ones. I think I have a pic or two somewhere I'll try to dig them out.

source wrote: »
    There were a few marked S40s, didn't know of unmarked ones. I think I have a pic or two somewhere I'll try to dig them out.

Yep, that's the model alright but the one I seen drove up the quays behind a Q7 literally outside the convention centre. The lad I was getting a coffee with is full time and he was a taken aback by it too.

There's a couple of S60's knocking around. You sure it wasn't one of them?

There's a couple of S60's knocking around. You sure it wasn't one of them?

Yes, 100percent sure it was a S40 compact model diesel. Same as the one the photo I put in the other thread if I see it again I'll get the video I'm down that way again this week.

ASU BMW on the N11 today at 4.45 going down the hard shoulder, had my windows open stuck in 5kph traffic, but only heard their 'warbler' siren about 1 second before he flew past, not very loud compared with the usual job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

ASU BMW on the N11 today at 4.45 going down the hard shoulder, had my windows open stuck in 5kph traffic, but only heard their 'warbler' siren about 1 second before he flew past, not very loud compared with the usual job.

I totally agree with this. One passed me in traffic the other day but I had the windows up and Newstalk on (no thumping music) and i only heard it when it was less than 10-15 meters from me.

Heard an NAS Ambulance in the distance today with same, so maybe location of speaker/volume needs to be looked at out on the road as distinct from an enclosed echoy workshop ?

• Advertisement

Heard an NAS Ambulance in the distance today with same, so maybe location of speaker/volume needs to be looked at out on the road as distinct from an enclosed echoy workshop ?

Or that's just the same siren fitted by the same company?

Advertisement