Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What about a boardsie made game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

From now on, i'll post dates only :D for the sake of the people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

This can be the first thing we fight about, monday next in my mind is the next monday! :pac: Next Tuesday is fine for me anyways

:eek:

I didnt realise they were even still alive!

:P Yup, seen them last year too, they are still pretty good :D

Yea cool, dates would probably be better :P Em... what irc server are we going to use? I'm usually on irc.coldfront.net... or have we decided what to chat on yet? :P

No idea, I honestly don't know alot about IRC so I'll leave it to someone with a bit more experience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

a lot of big ideas here

my advice would be to try and develop something basic that works, then art it up after.

Man, I suck at mIRC, I went looking for the server that docdolittle mentioned but couldn't connect.

Any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Is this still a go for tonight?

Nope tomorrow.

Are you ok with mIRC now?

RedXIV wrote: »
    Nope tomorrow.

Are you ok with mIRC now?
    Nobody really has to know how to use it though, we just have to pick a channel on a server and link people that don't know how to use it to the chan in mibbit like this

Edit... hope that made a bit of sense :P

Nobody really has to know how to use it though, we just have to pick a channel on a server and link people that don't know how to use it to the chan in mibbit like this

Edit... hope that made a bit of sense :P

Gotta admit, he know's his stuff :D

How about we let docdolittle set up the channel etc, post them up here and then we can follow you in, with an added link to mibbit for anyone who is nervous about IRC, which will probably include me :D

Gotta admit, he know's his stuff :D

How about we let docdolittle set up the channel etc, post them up here and then we can follow you in, with an added link to mibbit for anyone who is nervous about IRC, which will probably include me :D
    I don't mind, what time around? My mIRC is usually set to record everything said, so we'll have it all recorded too, just remind me to check that it's on before we start :P

• Advertisement

I think we're still gunning for 8 so set up stuff at 7:50? Shouldn't take any more than 10 mins should it?

I think we're still gunning for 8 so set up stuff at 7:50? Shouldn't take any more than 10 mins should it?
    I'll prob be on before then anyway, I'll set it up early and let people come in before 8 to get used to it or whatever. If it says docdolittle[AWAY] on me tomorrow, I won't actually be away, that's just so people won't keep sending me messages from other places :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I'll be there in body anyways , mind will depend on how work goes ;)

i irc no good

we can start msn?

well what server and channel are we using? That might help :)

lol i've no idea :)

give docdolittle 5 mins and then we'll concentrate on something else

I'm running very late today. If I can get back soon enough then I'll try and join in.

no problem, we can keep it going for a while anyway ;)

• Advertisement

Am on this too now

Anyone wanting to join in (more the merrier!) can join in above!

Sorry I couldn't make it on last night. I had thought that Tuesday was only going to be for last week and we were going to be on Mondays from this week on. So all the meetings I had planned for Monday I had moved to Tuesday and didn't have enough time to move all of them on.

Are we 100% going to be doing this on Tuesdays? If so, I can make sure they're clear from now on.

Up for another chat again soon lads?

Yeah I am. Although it's most likely going to take me a while to figure out how to use irc. I'm rubbish with this sort of thing. :d

Just use the link that docdolittle set up last time, it's ridiculously simple interface after that with an in-browser chat client

I think you underestimate how incompetent I am!

I have faith in your ability to learn :D

It's very easy to use, press this write in name, you're in it :P When are we going to chat next then? Oh, I have some scripts in Unity controlling a box moving in 3rd person with a camera following, I'll work on it a bit more now and send it when we start our chat.

• Advertisement

I haven't played with Unity myself yet, whats it like to code for?

Advertisement