Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Congratulations thugs

• 31-05-2010 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Congratulations to the complete mindless thugs who smashed up Tuam last night, PMP and Hoodrats and the other Mensa members who thought this would be a great idea.

Well done, you have caused untold upset to parents with small children, old people in an old folks home, smashed already financially struggling families cars and scrawled unintelligible
    graffiti on newly painted walls.

You are all so brave....

As you wake up today with your hangovers alI hope you are ashamed of yourselves, I hope your parents are ashamed of you, your grandparents are ashamed of you, I know I am ashamed of you, but somehow I don't think you will.....

Some people are brought up to have respect, some people are dragged up with none.

Which one are you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Where exactly did this happen Tinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

While this stuff happens once in a while everywhere, you always have a few stupid people, Tuam sure seems to have more than it's fair share of stupid people:( It's such a shame that people would rather destroy things, than help make things better.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Tinder

Tullinadaly. Thankfully some of the good citizens of the town have already washed a good bit of the paint off and as far as I know the Gardai have arrested two of the little scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

what
    Mensa went on the rampage in Tuam?
    A group of overly intelligent people rioting?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And some fella had to be taken to the hospital after getting beaten up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

what was on last night?

Have no idea, I thought Sunday night would be quiet but apparently, it wasn't. I only heard of the guy that got beaten up, didn't know about the vandalism though until I read this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 P.M.P

Can you describe exactly what they done??
    The summer is beginning just now so get ready for the PMP and the Hoodrats to make thier comeback.
    Not that I'm condoning their behaviour.
    Defo heard alot of commotion up around that area alright last night.

P.M.P wrote: »
    Can you describe exactly what they done??
    The summer is beginning just now so get ready for the PMP and the Hoodrats to make thier comeback.
    Not that I'm condoning their behaviour.
    Defo heard alot of commotion up around that area alright last night.

Why bother making a "comeback"?

Hoodratz and PMP are about as welcome as an STD.

hoodrats wrote: »
    2341762978_a4344b2193.jpg

parkmore estate on a saturday night.
    Hoodrats rule TUAM.

disgraceful behaviour.

I'd like to see the deed title you have that says you own Tuam by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Was never that proud to say I was Tuam in the first place, but I'm totally ashamed to say I'm from the place now.

I'm sick of all this talk about 'gangs', they are all over the media and the fact the the Guards are doing NOTHING isn't?

How much was spent on CCTV? Where are the Guards? Why is this being let happen?

The Guards are more concerned about catching people doing 103KPH on the N17 than sorting these Thugs/Vandels. Enough warnings have been made, will a Zero Tolerance policy ever come into force?

"Hoodrat rule Tuam" - Aren't ye great? To think my taxes paying for their Welfare/Council Housing. No wonder this county is going down the Toilet, Tuam at an even faster pace...

I'm not sure how the Guards can tackle this problem, I think they are doing their best under a lot of pressure, and from their point of view these little toe rags have a string of previous convictions, and as soon as they nab them the judges let them off with a week in St. Pats holiday camp where they prove their metal and recount their exploits to the other thugs in there.

I think their parents should have to take some of the responsibility for their parenting skills, if the parents had to pay for the damage the young thugs did then they might be more concerned where little Johnny is at 3 in the morning and if they had to pay for the hospital bills when wee Johnny can't keep is dirty little fists in his pockets and if they claim they can't afford it and blame society well simple, dock their dole by €5 per week. Then we'll see how quickly mommy and daddy get control of Johnny and his dirty little temper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Tinder wrote: »
    I'm not sure how the Guards can tackle this problem, I think they are doing their best under a lot of pressure, and from their point of view these little toe rags have a string of previous convictions, and as soon as they nab them the judges let them off with a week in St. Pats holiday camp where they prove their metal and recount their exploits to the other thugs in there.

I think their parents should have to take some of the responsibility for their parenting skills, if the parents had to pay for the damage the young thugs did then they might be more concerned where little Johnny is at 3 in the morning and if they had to pay for the hospital bills when wee Johnny can't keep is dirty little fists in his pockets and if they claim they can't afford it and blame society well simple, dock their dole by €5 per week. Then we'll see how quickly mommy and daddy get control of Johnny and his dirty little temper.

I agree with you my friend but it could quite easily be some kids whose parents are well off too but essentially i agree

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Tinder wrote: »
    I'm not sure how the Guards can tackle this problem

It's a very easy for them to solve this problem. It's their job. Tuam is a small town, only takes 3/4 cars to be on patrol and a paddy wagon parked at the station ready to go.

Sentences at St Pat's to be followed by 2/3 months community service where they have to clean up the mess they make. These clowns are 'too cool' for a bit of hard graft and cleaning the streets would be embarrasing for them, what would the 'bueres' think of them if they had High Vis jackets and a brush. Expose the them to the town and make them accountable for their actions.

The guards are under presure doesn't wash, people are being assaulted, property is being destroyed and Tuam is fast becomming a laughing stock. To think that the authorities can't manage a croud of school kids who can't hold their drink and living in a fantasy 'Gang Land'.

I agree to a degree, but it’s not the Guards only duty, they have plenty of better things to be doing rather than chasing around after a little gang of brainless scumbags.

My point is they should not be tolerated in the first place, it is incredibly hard for the Guards to deal with this problem as the ‘gang’ for want of a better word have no respect for anyone, their parents, their families, property nothing, their patents have not instilled the basic human instincts of empathy and respect. Therefore they should be made shoulder the blame for their off springs behaviour.

I certainly don’t want my hard earned taxes going towards having three to four Garda cars patrolling the town just to baby-sit these five or six little thugs.

It is not the job of the authorities to manage these school kids; it’s the job of their parents. I don’t understand why people think it is the job if the guards and teachers to discipline young children. I am sure the Guards would be well able to manage this crowd with the support of their parents, I think the problem these days is that some parents defend wee Johnny too much and blame everything but themselves, even the Guards. I bet the Guards just get abuse from the parents of these thugs when they call to the house, I have heard it all before, my Johnny is being singled out blah blah blah…..

These thugs did not lick this behaviour of the nearest stone…..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Seriously, i couldn't travel through Tuam with my car tax out of date, yet the Gardai seem to be unable to tackle a problem created by a small number of morons. Time for the Gardai to change their priorities.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

I love how all the "PMP" and hoodrats think they own the town, yea they're from Tuam , but I've yet to see how they contribute to it in any positive way.Sometimes the only stories from the town I'm told when I'm away during the week is X got sent to court, or Y many cars were damaged.
    The people whose property was damaged were just the victims of cowardly and random violence, that will sadly go largely unpunished.

time to change the hoodrats to hoodmice im thinkin!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hoodrats

mink_man wrote: »
    time to change the hoodrats to hoodmice im thinkin!

the buffers coming into tuam are the mice . them biys that did all the damage are giving the hoodrats a bad name.

the buffers coming into tuam are the mice . them biys that did all the damage are giving the hoodrats a bad name.

To be honest, the fact that ye are calling yerselves hoodrats and have it sprayed all over the town including on the trees in the park is giving yerselves a bad name.

I'm not going to say that the country lads aren't doing it in the hoodratz name, but what ye have done is given them a cover if they are doing it. Ye basically made an opportunity to have yerselves exploited in yer quest to look cool and ye look the fools for it.

• Advertisement

whered these buffers come from?

and surely because ye'r the hoodrats ye could sort a few buffers out no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tuamboy15

Why?
    I mean seriously, what are you trying to achieve by doing this? Its a waste of time hassle and money.

Its sad and making tuam even worse than it already is.
    Once im finished school there ill never look back and never regret it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Hahah you bunch of morons. Do you even know what a "hoodrat" is? It's a US term for a whore.

Get a life, you sad, pathetic little children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Spot on eth0_

Hood Rat
    A girl who sleeps with various men in the neighborhood.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hood%20rat

I wonder is there a gang in South central using the Irish naming slang.......... "the hoors" possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sharmaine06

where did u get the picture of the burning cars in parkmore from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 11Parkmore

Honestly you are all a pack of hypocrites! You claim were the reason Tuam is the way it is when were not! Just because someone gets drunk and goes fighting and gets beat he runs to the guards were the bad guys! What the F**K would you do if a fool started on one of your close friends or family members ? And if you say you wouldnt do anything then your a coward and dont even reply to me! I dont see any of ye out cleaning up the streets or doing anythin towards the community! And Mary dont even try and bring back a big reply saying this that and the other because im in no mood for any of ye these days! The cheek of ye all saying it on a internet thread! Say it to our faces or at least hold one of your little meetings or something! The fact is there is nothing you can do about us! And im not biggin ourselves up but its a well known fact there is always gonna be troublemakers just because Tuam is a small town ye recognize us! What bout all the boys in Galway "Westside this and Eastside that" there worse than us and im not badmouthing any of them because i get along wit most them! Its just Tuam is a small community and were noticed ALOT easier! And it wasnt any F*****G Hoodrats that did the damage the last few days and i think i would know! So dont be so F*****G gullable reading the papers an listening to what this person heard an what that person was told! There is such a thing as lies and rumours you know! And what do you mean none of us do anything for the community im up in the GYF helping out people in the Garda Youth Diversion Project every week nearly and by my own accord so dont tell me none of us are doing anythin good for the town! And yes we all know what Hoodrats means in America but reality check... Are we in America? NO! Different places have different meanings for different words !

I just don't get what the appeal in saying you belong to a gang is. If you can give me an answer for this one question, then I'll leave the topic alone.

Why would you want to associate yourself with a gang that appears to be up to no good?

I would think that if I was claiming to be a part of a gang that didn't actually do what people are saying they are doing and that it's causing grief for both parties, why not just severe ties with it?

I just have trouble comprehending the whole situation and reasoning behind it all!

Why don't you come forward as a member of the hoodratz and give a statement to the Herald (well, not necessarily the Herald because it will probably get distorted along the way to publication or something) or some means of explaining what the mission of the hoodratz is, why ye are feeling victimised and so on rather than coming on here in an internet forum and spouting out about how your feelings are hurt. Will you come up to me the next time you see me around town? I bet not. This is what the internet is for, to debate and get information. I'd rather not have to approach you or have you approach me.

I've done my fair share for the town so don't go throwing that one at me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

mars bar wrote: »
    I just don't get what the appeal in saying you belong to a gang is. If you can give me an answer for this one question, then I'll leave the topic alone.

There is a core problem here, any youth worker will recognise the problem. PMP here claims to be a member of a group. What is this group, what are its goals, its intentions? I see on other threads there are more kids claiming to be members of other groups.

These are not organised groups with agendas or clear pathways. They are groups of children that have given themselves silly names.

Gangs are a resort for the child or youth that suffers from low self esteem and a lack of belonging. There is a certain amount of fear that goes along with the need to join a gang, ie; a need of surrounding like minded children around them, without their “gang” they feel alone and afraid. There is no way they would be “brave” without their friends to back them up. I put the word brave in inverted comma’s because they are not really brave when confronting people with a gang of friends behind them. Typically the weaker members of the group will carry out the vandalism and carry out the beatings with the older and stronger children egging them on. The weaker members will also deal out physical violence on strangers only when backed up by a large number of their group. They will never confront anyone unless their is a disproportionately larger group backing him up. If there are girls present the boys will act braver to impress the girls.

It’s down to immatureness in young males, boredom, lack of confidence, low self esteem and fear. Once you find out where and how this is manifesting, you will cure the problem.

Their perceived toughness is nothing but a bluff, when alone your typical child that has to affiliate with a “gang” is afraid, weak, vulnerable and scared. Take some members of the PMP or the Hoodrats and place them in tough residential area in Dublin’s city center alone and watch the lip quiver and the tears roll. Just like what happened when some of Dublin’s top drug dealers did when they entered the world market in Spain, they ended up dead.

Big fish, small pond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

What an absolute embarassment these groups are.
    Just when you thought you couldn't be any more ashamed of the town, these little runts are attacking people on their way home from a night out....!!!
    I am in the process of moving out of the town and it really cannot happen soon enough.

Had to laugh at the meaning of Hoodrats in US though....Very appropriate.........a bunch of little girls really.....and illiterate at that..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 QHR

To be honest with ye all, all of ye badmouthin da hootrats and pmp no absolutly nothing about any of them!!
    Yer all claimin 2 be da good 1's sayin what deyr doin is wrong , ever hear da sayin dont judge a book by its cover??
    Other ppl have done da same things as them bu since theyr seen as a gang its made out 2 be 10times worse!! Pathetic!!
    None of the hoodrats were involved in what happend sunday night so stop accusin them makin them seem way worse then what they are!! Every fool dat wears a hood dese days are automatically a "hoodrat" bu no, dats not it at all!!
    Da hoodrats are a group of close friends who stick 2gther thru thick and thin, "dat what friends are 4"...
    Nd they dont wait to be in groups to jump and attack as yer claimin they have fought and blagarded individually aswell bu its nly when theyr as a group ye notice it, nd it takes two people in an argument so its half the other parties fault aswell...
    Nd da only reason da hoodrats, pmp etc... are noticed as much as they are is because edjits lik ye think ye kno this nd that bout them nd are carrying, spreading and adding to stories which is worse ...
    If yer so worried bout yer beautiful town den stop f**ckin makin it out 2 be worse den what it is...
    Nd heres somthin ye didnt kno, da "hoodrats" didnt put that name on themselves it was other locals then gomie's lik ye made it stick!!
    The tuam hearld, the star etc...Wrote what they heard, which was what the town wer sayin!!
    Ya nd we kno what a hoodrat means in a different countrys but guys wher in ireland, tuam as ye all are aware of so ha slag what da other meanins are nd da joke is on ye cus dats not what it is ere!!

Advertisement