Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copying iTunes playlists from one iPhone to another and/laptop

• 14-05-2017 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭

Up until now I have being using the iPhone 5. I have a big iTunes collection on it. About 1000 songs that I have paid iTunes for over the years, and a few hundred other songs that I burnt from CD's on laptop and transferred to phone.
    I've recently changed device and bought the iPhone SE. I did a full iCloud back up on the iPhone 5, and did a iCloud restore on the SE. This worked great carrying over texts, notes, photos etc. But it only transferred about 80% of my music. I'm sure it's the songs I had originally burnt from CD's that didn't carry over but I would have to check that.
    Over the years I would have purchases the songs on my phone so I'm not sure if they are even in iTunes on my laptop.
    My questions are how can I transfer everything (songs&splay lists) from my iPhone 5 to my iTunes on laptop and how then do I transfer the playlists to the SE? I know Apple are funny when it comes to music not purchases from them - although it was all still purchased
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Well, a playlist is just a text list of music tracks. Is that all you want to transfer, or do you mean you want to transfer the media files too?  the only kind of media files Apple supports you transferring from you phone to a computer are ones you have purchased from the iTunes Store.  Apple doesn't say why but I think it would be fair to assume this was to prevent piracy.  Whatever the source of the files your computer acts as the source for you putting them on any device so it was a mistake deleting them from your computer too.

You can see if there is third party software which will enable transfer of files.
    And may this tips do a favor: https://support.apple.com/en-nz/HT201593

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

sorry for the double post as net problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Connect your new phone to your computer and open iTunes. Select all of the songs that are not on your phone, right click and choose send to device> Maz2016's iPhone.

If you have the space on your phone, then they should copy over.

A far more efficient and space saving way is to sign up for a Google Play Music account and upload your entire music collection to the cloud. You will then have all of your music wherever you go taking up no space on your device. You could also use Apple's iTunes Match but this costs ?25 per year while Google's service is free.

Advertisement