Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**iPhone 6s STOLEN LIMERICK CAR PARK**

Options
  • 05-01-2017 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

***STOLEN PHONE last night***

Lads please will sombody help me. I met a girl off done deal tonight outside Lidl car park in the Ennis road across from supermacs in limerick. She was buying a space grey iPhone 6s off me. She was driving a 141 black comfortline Passat. one of ye must know the car the back three windows were tinted.
    After we settled on a price she said she'd go up to the bank of ireland by dunnes to get the money. she handed me my phone and she took off. when I got to the bank, she wasn't there so I gave her the benefit of the doubt and waited 15mins. I eventually said she must have changed her mind and when I went to put the sim back in my phone it said phone disabled. she had switched my phone with a stolen 6.
    I paid over 800euro for the phone last year and to do that to someone a week after Christmas is a ****ing disgrace.
    Someone, please help me, she was small, she had blonde straight hair and a wool hat. She was in a 141 passat, black comfortline 3 tinted windows.

I have the serial and IMEI if you can help me?

Here is the number she called me from which is now off! 0851788932

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sorry to hear that - could you see if there was any CCTV in the car park that you could look at to get the reg number and report it to the gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jafa05

I'm still waiting for them to get back to me with info. I'm so pissed off, just after Christmas too. No reg either.. She really screwed me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Why don't you block the IMEI and she ends up with another bricked phone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jafa05

I spoke to apple today and I was told it could not be done. I'll ring meteor first thing tomorrow and hopefully with the help of god get it turned off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

jafa05 wrote: »
    ***STOLEN PHONE last night***

Lads please will sombody help me. I met a girl off done deal tonight outside Lidl car park in the Ennis road across from supermacs in limerick. She was buying a space grey iPhone 6s off me. She was driving a 141 black comfortline Passat. one of ye must know the car the back three windows were tinted.
    After we settled on a price she said she'd go up to the bank of ireland by dunnes to get the money. she handed me my phone and she took off. when I got to the bank, she wasn't there so I gave her the benefit of the doubt and waited 15mins. I eventually said she must have changed her mind and when I went to put the sim back in my phone it said phone disabled. she had switched my phone with a stolen 6.
    I paid over 800euro for the phone last year and to do that to someone a week after Christmas is a ****ing disgrace.
    Someone, please help me, she was small, she had blonde straight hair and a wool hat. She was in a 141 passat, black comfortline 3 tinted windows.

I have the serial and IMEI if you can help me?

Here is the number she called me from which is now off! 0851788932

Off to the Gardai with you asap. There are no CCTV cameras in that car park but a similar car may have been picked up on the way to/from the car park. I wouldn't stop until I had this c*nt before the guards. Can you PM me the donedeal ad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

But how was her original phone disabled if yours can't be?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Unfortunately looking for a 141 black Passat without the reg will be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I wouldn't be surprised if the culprit lives too far from the area. I'll be keeping an eye out anyway as I'm passing that way every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

This "swap" trend has been happening for years.

Knew a chap who went to buy a laptop, seller showed him the laptop, all seemed fine.

Seller "drops" the bag down for a second out of sight.

Then when he got back to his car to check his purchase, turns out it was a phone book in a laptop bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Muckie wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this happened to you.

This "swap" trend has been happening for years.

Knew a chap who went to buy a laptop, seller showed him the laptop, all seemed fine.

Seller "drops" the bag down for a second out of sight.

Then when he got back to his car to check his purchase, turns out it was a phone book in a laptop bag.

Some bad ****s out there alright......heard a story on Liveline once whereby a guy bought a car in a car park. Handed over the money and got the keys in return. Just at the last minute while the buyer was admiring his new car by walking around it - the seller says ''think I left my phone in dash' and jumps in with a set of spare keys and speed offs....with car and money.

I would NEVER meet in a car park do do a cash deal for anything without bringing a couple of mates etc as set of extra eyes. There is comfort in numbers!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement