Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The lost and found Wicklow thread. [All Posts here]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Any idea at all where you lost it? It would be more helpful to narrow it down at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EggPlanted

Sorry, I'm only after realising I didn't put that info in. It was between Greystones Main Street and the tennis club beside the Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Found a lovely winter hat on Convent Ave in Bray, near the railway bridge.
    White wool with a bobble on top. PM if it's yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

FYI I just found a ring on the seafront in Bray - if you lost one PM me a description :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

I suggest you give Bray Garda station a call and see if anyone lost it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

My Mum only told me today. She picked up a shiny new iPhone in the Bridgewater Shopping Centre, Friday, 12th of August.

She handed it into Easons, who said they'd hand it into Security.

If you left behind an iPhone on a bench/table, that day at Bridgewater Shopping Centre, well.. ask in Easons, then security.

Just a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Owner of the phone collected it the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EndaJPK

Long shot perhaps but my little girl lost her glasses somewhere between Box Burger Bray Seafront and the DART. Can you PM me if you have heard of anyone finding a pair? Blue rimmed kids glasses. November 13th 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nikksandhu

Lost my DJI Mavic Drone...

If any one finds it please pm, contact me. will really appreciate.
    Happened on 20th Feb around the Wicklow Gap area.

Around the car park on the way to glendalough

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Which car park? The one at the Wicklow Gap itself, i.e. at the top of the hill, or the one known as the "Lead Mines" with the ruined buildings between there and Glendalough itself?

• Advertisement

the main wicklow gap car park area. thx

nikksandhu wrote: »
    the main wicklow gap car park area. thx

Ok, it's just that if it was the other one I'm up there on Sunday so could have looked out for it.

Good luck finding it.

thanks for the response. Lost all hope. will go for a hike again over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah crap thats my dream drone, spend an hour a day looking at them at work, hope you find it...

Did it fly off on you or what?

winds took it away, far away.
    Anyways good news is that I went through the DJI flight data and b4 landing drone sent all data to RC with gps co-ordinates etc. Found it after walking through the bough lands and then the dense bushy forest area in the valley. took 3 days in all but good result afterall. :D

Well done. The weather wasn't great up there yesterday!

I'm surprised that there isn't some kind of mechanism on these things such that, as long as they aren't permanently damaged, that they continue transmit their GPS coordinates to the controller if they're in range. That way, as long as you were relatively close to them and within range, you could simply home in on it using a feature in the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

nikksandhu wrote: »
    winds took it away, far away.
    Anyways good news is that I went through the DJI flight data and b4 landing drone sent all data to RC with gps co-ordinates etc. Found it after walking through the bough lands and then the dense bushy forest area in the valley. took 3 days in all but good result afterall. :D
    Was that you flying a Mavic down at the seafront this evening up the Bray Head end?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭johnner1

Hi I know this is a very long shot, But I'm wondering did anybody find it hear of a pair of binoculars been found on kilcoole beach a couple of months back.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭kurant

Found glasses in Glendalough car park, it was 2 years ago. I still have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Found reading glasses along the Lower Dargle Rd earlier. Get in touch to describe the case and glasses if you think they might be yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Found a racing/homing pigeons. Was outside bray station walking around almost hit by cars a few times. Have him in a box with food and water with holes in it. Any advice? It appears uninjured so might just need some food and water

adam240610 wrote: »
    Found a racing/homing pigeons. Was outside bray station walking around almost hit by cars a few times. Have him in a box with food and water with holes in it. Any advice? It appears uninjured so might just need some food and water

Never had any luck returning a homing pigeon to his owners, though usually there is contact info on his tag. Release him when he's rested up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Never had any luck returning a homing pigeon to his owners, though usually there is contact info on his tag. Release him when he's rested up a bit.

I'll replace his food and water tomorrow then release on wednesday if noone contacts me

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭veggie newbie

Men’s Gloves left in Reads, Bray Jan 9th

My husband left his gloves in Reads, returned to collect them shortly after but someone had picked them up. To that someone:thanks for keeping them warm for him but he’d love to relieve you of your goodwill and would be very grateful to be reunited with them ASAP! Please hand in to Reads or the Bray Garda station. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

Have just spotted that this thread exists...

I lost my watch in Wicklow town between 4th and 6th Jan. It's a small ladies dress watch, looks gold and silver (but isn't). No significant monetary value but huge sentimental value as it was a 21st birthday present from my now-husband. Inscription on the back. Suspect it fell off my wrist on the main street. Would love to get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Patricia153

Hi all, our little boy lost his blue bear on the beach in Bray today (6th Feb '23) outside the crepe/waffle takeout. Our little boy is 4 and he has had bear (Bobo) since he was 2 weeks old. Very sad going to bed tonight! We walked up and down in the hope of finding him but nothing. We asked in the crepe takeout and the aquarium but nothing. If a dog picked him up or something may be he could still be in the area. We will probably have to try replace him but he was a gift when he was born so I don't know where to start. He is light blue, shaggy (and needs a wash!) with big eyes, and is in the seated stance with "baby" and "boy" on his paws. I don't know if this is the right forum to post this request but perhaps someone that goes out for walks regularly may see this post. We aren't from the area and had travelled an hour for a day out. I'd be very grateful of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Try posting to Bray Open Forum on Facebook, you'll get a bigger audience there

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Patricia153

Thanks for that, I'll get onto it. It's a long shot I know! Thanks a million.

Advertisement