Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Asked to produce insurance

• 31-12-2007 3:56pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was rear ended about two weeks ago. No big deal it's being sorted out at the moment. The guards came along and took all details etc. I was asked to produce my insurance cert at my local Garda station. However that was over two weeks ago and I just realised I totally forgot to do it! Will I be in trouble?

I had my insurance disk in, along with Tax and NCT, and I had my licence. I was totally 100% legit - however the guy who hit me did not have his licence with him.

What is the reason that I have to produce mine if my disk is displayed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

The disk isn't considered proof of insurance , just go to the cop shop and tell them you forgot its only 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Go to the station today and produce it ..... and yes they can ask for the cert to be produced even if the disc is in the window...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Einstein

i got called to court for not producing intime once. Pain the a$$. Go down and be straight with 'em, considering the time of year it's easy to get sidetracked, i'm sure they'll be fine about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yes chances are you will recieve a summons in the post telling you to appear in court charged with failing to produce but aslong as you have got insurance then you should be perfectly ok once you explain what happened and how your granny, dog and next door neighbour all died on the same week, depending on judge of course., :D some just like to make an example of you.

Its also 10 days thay give you rather than 14days/2weeks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd go down and produce it at the station asap, explain the situation to them. The process for issuing the summons may take a bit longer than usual due to the time of year so you might still have time.

Not producing it will definately result in a summons.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the motion has already begun and a summons is enivitable. A friend of mine had the same thing happen and he went to the cop shop afterwards to sort it out and the gaurd told him that there was nothing he could do once the date expired. He had to go to court but was nothing serious as the gaurd just informed the judge that he has seen the documentation there and was dismissed. Maybe in some cases the judge will want to see it but the worst part is the waiting around in those places.

Advertisement