Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    I really don't get the fixation of some with the tie between me and RoryC to be honest. I'm sure he's the same.

This is a good competition and I'm enjoying being involved but I'll be keeping 100% of my attention on the main game and results in this against any player won't be particularly troubling me.

The one thing I would try to avoid is relegation because there is a certain premium tag to being in the PL of this competition on the forum.

Now for Sterling to make up my 10 point deficit tonight :rolleyes:

Look at Lemlin, like a manager in a football manager press conference trying to play down the importance of the upcoming derby.

The winner will be doing Di Canioesque slides once the Monday night bonus points have been confirmed that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Jeju

CSF wrote: »
    Look at Lemlin, like a manager in a football manager press conference trying to play down the importance of the upcoming derby.

The winner will be doing Di Canioesque slides once the Monday night bonus points have been confirmed that week.
    As one of the less vocal managers I have to agree, but IMO both teams will be fighting for honours towards the seasons end.
    As for me back home after 3 points, well Im just trying to keep a realistic view on things and not to be thinking think too much about the big European nights next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

This is a good competition and I'm enjoying being involved but I'll be keeping 100% of my attention on the main game and results in this against any player won't be particularly troubling me.

The one thing I would try to avoid is relegation because there is a certain premium tag to being in the PL of this competition on the forum.
    :

Have to agree with this. Don't really care about winning the premier league as there are no prizes buts it nice to be competing against good opposition and i would be happy with just retaining my place in the league. On the other hand i care greatly about the paid H2H and thats where my H2H focus will be

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oh look at the big-timers only caring about the money, what a surprise.

Ye should pay a visit to some League 1 matches where we even have our own local news reporter and paper. For shame lads, what has happened FPL in recent years? I remember when it was more than just a money driven industry :pac:

*wanders off shaking his head*

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Oh look at the big-timers only caring about the money, what a surprise.

Ye should pay a visit to some League 1 matches where we even have our own local news reporter and paper. For shame lads, what has happened FPL in recent years? I remember when it was more than just a money driven industry :pac:

*wanders off shaking his head*

I send the deputy scout to your games. Might pick up a lower league cheapie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

won my tie 62 60. 2 wins out of 2. Up against my old pal Swiper this week who has lost the first 2. Trying some mind games I see with your 6 transfers and no wildcard activated yet;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

won my tie 62 60. 2 wins out of 2. Up against my old pal Swiper this week who has lost the first 2. Trying some mind games I see with your 6 transfers and no wildcard activated yet;)

I was away for a couple of days and was playing on my phone. It was such a shít weekend for me again (FPL wise) that at some stage on Sunday evening with no players left and 44 points scored (after 42 last week) that I kind of panicked and starting fiddling around, I thought for a second before the confirm transfers and then just hit the button out of pure annoyance with everything. Of course I immediately regretted it and was lying in bed on Sunday night goading myself with all the reasons why I should have been patient. My team wasn't that bad, the only reason I am doing so poorly is that I hadn't Siggy or Ramsey,(30 points difference between them and Sanchez and Arnie) that could have been rectified without the wildcard(which I will obviously use now).
    Anyway it's top vs bottom this weekend. I really need to win this one very badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

2 from 2. Next week is Sooner or Later so should be good tie!

With my tie over by Sunday some might think that the extra day between game time may be an advantage, but sometimes these things can work against you.
    If I was being interviewed the question might be
    “ With 2 games played in the season and both The Bottlers and Erzgebirge Scrooge are on maximum points, is this too early to be talking about title winning 6 pointers?”
    My reply would be that every game whether top or bottom are potential 6 pointers at this stage of the season, but I would think that The Bottlers managed by Iago ( Brazilian no doubt with a name like that) are set up as a title 6 pointer; whereas my Erzgebirge Scrooge are keeping feet on Terra Fermi and just thinking about safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

2 from 2. Next week is Sooner or Later so should be good tie!

Obviously the boy Gillespie is the odds on favourite but I know the lads are going to give it 110% out there. We only know how to play football one way and that's to go out there and play football .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

zarquon wrote: »
    Have to agree with this. Don't really care about winning the premier league as there are no prizes buts it nice to be competing against good opposition and i would be happy with just retaining my place in the league.

Just to follow on these 2 posts, I'm sure it's down to my (bad) memory, admitted lazyness to go try and find the answer by myself in last year's thread and the fact I'm not yet 100% focused on this year's season, but, why was it chosen to be a head-to-head league rather than a "classic" one? More "fun"? More people involved for top and bottom battles towards the end of the season (if that's actually the case?)? Just to mirror the real PL format?

The lads seem nice and relaxed, listening to their Beats.
    Whatever had to be said has been said and they know they have to perform.
    Best of luck to Igao and The Bottlers who I am sure are eager to get stuck in and maintain maximum points.

Sigh

On a low scoring day 4 points behind Gillespie Road at the moment (31 - 27)

Ignoring Costa and Ramsey who we both have it is him Azpil, Debuchy, Eriksen

v my Hutton, Terry and Fabregas

Looking like another defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Leading Good Willian Hunting by 45(-4) to 32 with us both having Hutton and Rambo left. However he also has Eriksen and Debuchy who could easily score 9 between them so I'm not confident, think my hit will cost me the tie.

41 all now

Down to my Hutton v his Debuchy & Eriksen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Winning 44-36 against 'IDontKnowWhatImDoing'

I have Ramsey (c) and Debuchy vs Ramsey and Hutton. Barring a Hutton wondershow I think we can call this one a win...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

roryc wrote: »
    Winning 44-36 against 'IDontKnowWhatImDoing'

I have Ramsey (c) and Debuchy vs Ramsey and Hutton. Barring a Hutton wondershow I think we can call this one a win...

That's me, yeah as good as over, Costa to Aguero really backfired on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Unlucky, wasn't a bad move.

update on the clash between top (busts) and bottom (me)

I am carrying a 10 point lead into tomorrow. We both have Adebayor. I have Sterling and Eriksen. He has Hutton, Sturridge and (gulp) Ramsey.

I'm probably going to take my hatred of Ramsey to a new level after he dumps me on my ass around 5 o clock tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

41 all now

Down to my Hutton v his Debuchy & Eriksen

I'm hoping that should be enough to put me through. *cue Hutton playing the game of his life*

• Advertisement

I am carrying a 10 point lead into tomorrow. We both have Adebayor. I have Sterling and Eriksen. He has Hutton, Sturridge and (gulp) Ramsey.

I'm probably going to take my hatred of Ramsey to a new level after he dumps me on my ass around 5 o clock tomorrow.
    It's looking good for you after that Clyne assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Looks like a win for nevercaptaincleverly vs Cavan Cammandos unless Adebayor bangs in a hat trick, it's 45-31 at the moment.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Looks like a win for nevercaptaincleverly vs Cavan Cammandos unless Adebayor bangs in a hat trick, it's 45-31 at the moment.

Fair play to you. A win despite an 8 point hit is a great result. That second Costa goal killed any hope whatsoever that I had left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Fair play to you. A win despite an 8 point hit is a great result. That second Costa goal killed any hope whatsoever that I had left.

Yea he was the difference. I was close to wild carding too this week too but decided just to take the hits.

Putting this to bed early, down by 4 my Vlaar has to out score his Sterling by 4.
    Had to have a big game from Hazzard but he got the Cesc assist in the first minute; cue the water bottle being flung at the couch.
    What really killed me was I had Blackett on the bench but a manager lives and dies by his team selections.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,768 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'll be battling to stay up this year. No question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Giroud to Weimann as my transfer is currently paying off. If he can pick up the 3 bonus i will still have a chance v Thunderdog. Would basically come down to a Chambers cleanie to decide the tie.

need atleast a sturridge goal in the 2nd half

CSF wrote: »
    I'll be battling to stay up this year. No question.

Looks like I'll be the same. 3 points from 9 so far. If I finish 16th I'll be happy though!

• Advertisement

Looks like I'll be the same. 3 points from 9 so far. If I finish 16th I'll be happy though!

Ya old misery guts:p I'll be thrilled if I have three points at the end of today

Far too early to consider final positions, the winner will probably win about 2/3 of their matches.

Advertisement