Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Boots234 and I have fairly similar teams this week. I see he has taken a hit with 2 transfers so that -4 may have a say in how things go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Fair play to you Iago, no transfers this week. I make myself slight favourite after a quick look at your team. Good luck but I really need to win this one:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

up against zarquon similar teams and same captain

Differences are

Busts -Begovic,collocinni, chambers, hazard, sterling
    Zarquon - DDG, Terry, Pieters, Mata, Bojan
    Id fancy Terry for a CS so I reckon Ill need hazard to outscore Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Fair play to you Iago, no transfers this week. I make myself slight favourite after a quick look at your team. Good luck but I really need to win this one:o

You've got to have the courage of your convictions ;)

In saying that, if Ward Prowse has a stormer I'm going to be very unhappy, he was the only one I was close to bringing in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Advantage thunderdog after round one 38-35 plus his three bps for Hazard and Taylor yet to be added

We both have Mata, Rooney, De Gea and Ramsey so it is down to my Pieters and Fletcher (gulp) against his Bojan plus six

Not looking good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Jeju

Erzgebirge Scrooge 52 - 48 (-4)FriendsInLoewPlaces leaves me in a strong position going into tomorrows games.
    Both have Mata & Rooney but FriendsInLoewPlaces managed by FHFC also has Fletcher.
    I also have Van Aanholt & Hulls Robertson so barring Fletcher scoring 1 or 2 against Man Utd I should pull through.
    Amazingly neither of us have Liverpool or City players on our teams, so this will be decided tomorrow by 6 Pm.

Fletcher!:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jeju wrote: »
    Erzgebirge Scrooge 52 - 48 (-4)FriendsInLoewPlaces leaves me in a strong position going into tomorrows games.
    Both have Mata & Rooney but FriendsInLoewPlaces managed by FHFC also has Fletcher.
    I also have Van Aanholt & Hulls Robertson so barring Fletcher scoring 1 or 2 against Man Utd I should pull through.
    Amazingly neither of us have Liverpool or City players on our teams, so this will be decided tomorrow by 6 Pm.

Fletcher!:pac::pac::pac::pac:

Ah now. You're being kind. It was all over as soon as Rambo scored. I was ahead despite the hit till then. Fletcher out scoring van Ann and Robertson combined by 7 ain't happening.

Ramsey has single-handedly cost me my match this week and last. It's 55-52(-4) after bonus. If I had Ramsey instead of Sanchez I'd lead by a point and have a shout.

Guess what my transfer this week will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

FHFC wrote: »
    Ah now. You're being kind. It was all over as soon as Rambo scored. I was ahead despite the hit till then. Fletcher out scoring van Ann and Robertson combined by 7 ain't happening.

Ramsey has single-handedly cost me my match this week and last. It's 55-52(-4) after bonus. If I had Ramsey instead of Sanchez I'd lead by a point and have a shout.

Guess what my transfer this week will be?

Thought myself it should have been Ozil subbed, Sanchez was very good in the first half.
    Going to stick with this team for a while but thinking is Giourd going to get game time now?

Am down by double figures with a similar team still to go, not looking like a good start so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Dónal wrote: »
    Am down by double figures with a similar team still to go, not looking like a good start so far.

Yeah looking very good for me, you need Wilson and Van Aanholt to make back 18 points, not impossible but very unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ramsey moves Monkey Business back into the lead. Both have three Chelsea left so it's down to Coutinho to save the tie for me.

So I'm basically screwed....
    Thanks for that Couts old buddy.

Unless John Terry scores an OG and gets sent of I shall start the season pointless.

Third lowest score of the gang so far. Early favourite for the drop I fear.

Was away in the Alps last week. Just realised I'd won this first game this worning while making up my GW2 selection.

As for the bold part waaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too early for that ;).

Now 2 pts behind (due to the bonii) in my second game. A lot will depend on Eriksen performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm going to lose again, but I'm gonna get off the bottom at least!!!

CSF wrote: »
    I'm going to lose again, but I'm gonna get off the bottom at least!!!

Probably me is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Looks like I've lost despite my rival benching Mata! Insane decision, if you have a £9m player you play him!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hutton will come off the bench to seal my victory, first 3 points on the board :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

roryc wrote: »
    Looks like I've lost despite my rival benching Mata! Insane decision, if you have a £9m player you play him!

"Insane decisions" were the reason i finished top of the pile in the qualifiers last year :pac: . I will be playing fast and loose this year too, probably a good few 'funky' captaincy choices.

I benched him because he was rubbish last week, in a rubbish team at the moment, and he was largely rubbish today tbh.

Having said that, im lucky and unlucky this week in regards this league, got my first 3pts in this sealed, Dzeko left to play still but with 18pts tied up in first 2 subs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Dónal wrote: »
    When is the first Lemlin Roryc match?
    Can't wait for this.

God I'm sad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

60 60 in my game against zarquon his eleven have played and I have sterling left so only a sterling red card or missed peno can prevent the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

60 60 in my game against zarquon his eleven have played and I have sterling left so only a sterling red card or missed peno can prevent the win.

Yeah, bojan screwed me over :mad:

Came very close to captaining Mata for the laugh due to the banter here this week and the fact that i thought he could genuinely get double digits this week but i was fearful that costa could have rampaged against Leicester so reneged on friday. That cost me 4 points and my H2H games. If Sterling gets a red then God himself is smiling down on me and i'll do the lotto to this week.

Well done to Boots234. He's ten ahead and I only have Sterling left so he has the win IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lemlin wrote: »
    Well done to Boots234. He's ten ahead and I only have Sterling left so he has the win IMO.

Sterling could easily get 10 points the form he's in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Advantage thunderdog after round one 38-35 plus his three bps for Hazard and Taylor yet to be added

We both have Mata, Rooney, De Gea and Ramsey so it is down to my Pieters and Fletcher (gulp) against his Bojan plus six

Not looking good

Fletcher to get the bullet - Congrats to thunderdog

jebforever wrote: »

Against Man City! Not likely.

jebforever wrote: »

I can't see it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Sterling was robbed last season in this fixture...

ic7aWUr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Jeju

Very unlucky for FHFC where 61 points in manys the match would have been good enough to secure the points.
    Delighted to have 100% so far, but I know only too well things can change on the giving of a bonus point or a sub waiting on the bench.
    Next up is The Bottlers, also on 6 points ( correct me if I am wrong ) so one of the 100% records will have to go.
    Overall, I am delighted with my start ( 39700 overall )and for the second year in a row have laid down an early marker.:)

Decent standard in the H2H Premier league with tight margins. Looks like it will be a very competitive league.
    daithijjj wrote: »
    Sterling was robbed last season in this fixture...

His red card tomorrow will be equally unfortunate.

Jeju wrote: »
    Very unlucky for FHFC where 61 points in manys the match would have been good enough to secure the points.
    Delighted to have 100% so far, but I know only too well things can change on the giving of a bonus point or a sub waiting on the bench.
    Next up is The Bottlers, also on 6 points ( correct me if I am wrong ) so one of the 100% records will have to go.
    Overall, I am delighted with my start ( 39700 overall )and for the second year in a row have laid down an early marker.:)

Well played. Glad that it wasn't my points hit that cost me, but it was Ramsey in the end....

Lost by tight margin twice now, need to get some points on the board next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Was away in the Alps last week. Just realised I'd won this first game this worning while making up my GW2 selection.

As for the bold part waaaayyyyyyyyyyyy too early for that ;).

Now 2 pts behind (due to the bonii) in my second game. A lot will depend on Eriksen performance.

Eriksen didn't do much but Bruce not playing coupled with my badly ordered bench cost me a second win. Well done GillespieRoad ;).

• Advertisement

Nib wrote: »
    Can't wait for this.

God I'm sad. :(

I really don't get the fixation of some with the tie between me and RoryC to be honest. I'm sure he's the same.

This is a good competition and I'm enjoying being involved but I'll be keeping 100% of my attention on the main game and results in this against any player won't be particularly troubling me.

The one thing I would try to avoid is relegation because there is a certain premium tag to being in the PL of this competition on the forum.

Now for Sterling to make up my 10 point deficit tonight :rolleyes:

Advertisement