Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Car pool] Youghal to Bantry

• 10-05-2013 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi folks, not sure if this is the correct forum, mods feel free to relocate if a more suitable forum is available.

I'll be working in the Bantry ambulance base from 16-24 May. Just wondering if anyone is interested in carpooling frmo Youghal / East Cork to help with fuel costs. My shifts there will be 10am - 6pm. Let me know if you or someone you know is working in that area. My number is 087-6480692. Thanks Des.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's a two hour drive (four hours a day) - I imagine there are very few people doing it. Might a B&B make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭The Villain

Victor wrote: »
    It's a two hour drive (four hours a day) - I imagine there are very few people doing it. Might a B&B make sense?

Hi Victor,

Yes you're right, theres probably very few people doing that run but needless to say when working in the ambulance service the wages aren't sufficient to be paying for B&B's 4 nights a week...in fact the wages aren't sufficient to pay to the fuel 5 days a week, but if you are a relief staff (which I am) then you can be sent to any base in the HSE South Operational Area to work, without any assistance should as a vehicle, or mileage expenses etc from the HSE.

So I'm trying different tools of communication to see if anyone is traveling that direction and also if anyone has any other suggestions for me that would be would investigating.
    Thanks,
    Des.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sounds rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭musicinmouth

Hi there - there are some people using Avego to organize carpools in real time from Bantry to Cork. Sign up and post your trip at www.avego.com.

• Advertisement
Advertisement