Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Davehopper

Yes I am for real , my ambition is to have a silver or blue (D) reg mondeo . unmarked of course , keepin a close eye on gumtree and done deal for the exact right car ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Davehopper wrote: »
    wouldnt it be great if you found one that had fallen on to the road and picked it up , lets all keep an eye out ,
    BTW can you paint the orange ones you see in the boot sales or could yiou just put some coloured celophane wrap over one.
    Yes I am for real , my ambition is to have a silver or blue (D) reg mondeo . unmarked of course , keepin a close eye on gumtree and done deal for the exact right car ,

I may get infracted but You are a MORON!!! you've gone from ES to military to aviation and trolled every thread you've posted in!!

If you do happen to be real and actually do something like impersonate a Garda, I hope I catch you because I will nail you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

wouldnt it be great if you found one that had fallen on to the road and picked it up , lets all keep an eye out ,
    BTW can you paint the orange ones you see in the boot sales or could yiou just put some coloured celophane wrap over one.

I may get infracted but You are a MORON!!! you've gone from ES to military to aviation and trolled every thread you've posted in!!

If you do happen to be real and actually do something like impersonate a Garda, I hope I catch you because I will nail you!!

Go on charlie :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Friend of the family is a detective and he regularly brings home unmarked cars with with no led's on the bumper or grills etc.Even the radio and siren control panels are hid away in a box beside the gear stick.He had an 07 Mondeo home with him last night actually,will get a pic the next time I see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Hooch wrote: »
    They were grand for cities where top speed was never an issue. They were down right dangerous where any major speed was got.

Last time I used one (a real fancy strobe one....not like the previous rotating one.....we thought we were the bees knees!!), it flew off onto the passenger door at one stage and ended up attached to the bonnet after a rather quick stop. This was a regular occurrence. Magnets were never good enough. (even if you did feel all starsky and hutch throwing it up on the roof!!)

Yhe big problem always happened when you tried to get out of the car after and got hung up on its cable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

Oh I see, can't see a problem with that at all. You should put pictures up when your sorted and let us have a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Oh I see, can't see a problem with that at all. You should put pictures up when your sorted and let us have a good look.
    Including the reg!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Davehopper

Thanks for that offer to nail me , is that the best that someone that is actually pretending can do .
    no self respecting actual Garda would come on a forum and brag about their equipment .
    Would love to know what your superiors would think of your internet police antics,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Thats it I've had it with you. I thought if we ignored you that you would stop.

You are a blatant troll and I hope that if you do impersonate a member of AGS that you are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

You sir, coupled with your dreams make you a dangerous dangerous fello.

Take a nice long holiday from our little forum. Bon Voyage.

Think we can leave this one rest fellas.

O and I don't condone abuse of a user on this forum at all.....but charlie was right.....

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭robo10

Did any of you guys see the 2007 silver marked vectra estate Garda car on rte news tonight it was in cork i think. I thought only some of the newer cars where silver?

• Advertisement

I've not seen that before.

robo10 wrote: »
    Did any of you guys see the 2007 silver marked vectra estate Garda car on rte news tonight it was in cork i think. I thought only some of the newer cars where silver?

Call back of unmarked car I would say

POGAN wrote: »
    Call back of unmarked car I would say

Radio workshops used to use them. Must have had low mileage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Theres a couple of 07 silver focuses around as well that are newly marked up.

robo10 wrote: »

That car was from gorey in Wexford

• robo10 wrote: »

Saw that too. There was a silver saloon done around Mullingar too. It featured in a recent story about eastern europeans having a big fight.

The job took a load of silver and white unmarked cars from the current fleet and marked them up to save them from buying new ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭highdef

You are a blatant troll and I hope that if you do impersonate a member of AGS that you are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

O and I don't condone abuse of a user on this forum at all.....but charlie was right.....

Very unfair ban of davehopper! Don't know him at all but he seems to have hit a sore point here. Have you seen the impersonate police cars in the states? What davehopper talks about is nothing compared to there. A lot of you seem very over protective of what may be said here. I'm sure the emergency services section was set up because of demand so if someone says something that is not in complete agreement, you can't just go and ban them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭source

highdef wrote: »

Very unfair ban of davehopper! Don't know him at all but he seems to have hit a sore point here. Have you seen the impersonate police cars in the states? What davehopper talks about is nothing compared to there. A lot of you seem very over protective of what may be said here. I'm sure the emergency services section was set up because of demand so if someone says something that is not in complete agreement, you can't just go and ban them.

He's been banned from multiple forums across the site, not just ES, so no I wouldn't say he's been treated harsh here.

Also if he was looking for information on old out of service equipment for reenactment/ car shows, then I'm certain there wouldn't have been a problem.

The issue is the stuff he is trying to collect would put him in a very sticky or dangerous situation, and in certain circumstances could get him killed.

Also impersonation of a member of there defence forces and gardai, is a serious offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

highdef wrote: »

Infracted for breach of charter, no further comments on this please.

O, and this user was site banned last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

524340_463741316982789_915606995_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Well lads,

Quick question, am I seeing NAS using standard body vans on emergency work? I saw what I thought was Merc Sprinter (van, not the box wilker body) on a call coming out of Enfield a few days back, though I could be wrong on the make, it was lashing rain at the time. I'm sure it said ambulance service on the side (definitely wasn't a private vehicle). Any pics?

Sounds like that may have been a Medicall or similar ambo. I havent seen any NAS ambos like that, they may have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Sounds like that may have been a Medicall or similar ambo. I havent seen any NAS ambos like that, they may have some.

Definitely wasn't medicall, they've a funny battenburg on the side of their vehicles.

BX 19 wrote: »
    mmcn90 wrote: »

Definitely wasn't medicall, they've a funny battenburg on the side of their vehicles.

That they do, oddly enough I've seen them flying around stillorgan on blues an awful lot lately.

• They are driver training vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭kub

Just a thought, the way the Garda fleet is going we will soon be able to do one of two things, these being;

1. A spot a patrol car photo competition.

2. The vintage patrol car collection.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Pearse St has it's old gold 02(?) Avensis h/b, a 99 or 00 (?) black Camry also's going around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Those old toyotas can go on forever, maybe the reason why there still around ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭kub

I had no idea that the AGS fleet was so bad until I was speaking with a chap from one of the main dealers which service a lot of their fleet in the local division.
    He as telling me that on average cars come in every 3/4 weeks, they are literally plastered together and that the money spent on repairing them is nobodys' business.
    He thought there are two budgets, one for maintenance and the other for purchasing, so he reckoned that if a bit of thought was used, a new car could be purchased every 3 months instead of putting good money into running repairs on cars which should not be really used for police work.

Well at least that particular dealers service dept is busy.

Advertisement