Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what the wire actors did next...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

bubbles was in an episode of numb3rs there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

what part in Heroes is bubs playing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

I take it everyone saw Omar in RKelly's masterpiece Urban Operara "Trapped in the closet" playing...the cop...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,215 ✭✭✭✭Penn

poindexter wrote: »
    what part in Heroes is bubs playing??

He was in it a few episodes ago as a guy who creates vortexs (vortices? :pac:)
    Claire had to track him down. In the end, he created a vortex thing and jumped into it himself so I'm pretty sure he's gone for good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Saw Chris Bauer (Frank Sobotka) on Fringe last night playing a weirdo computer programmer, didn't really look the part at all :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Don't think it has been mentioned yet but there's 2 actors in the first episode of Generation Kill (haven't seen any subsequent ones yet), James Ransone who played Ziggy and Benjamin Busch who played Colicchio I think it was, the guy with the hair all shaved on the side, he looks no different in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Saw Chris Bauer (Frank Sobotka) on Fringe last night playing a weirdo computer programmer, didn't really look the part at all :rolleyes:.

Gbenga Akinnagbe (Chris Partlow) was also in the episode. ALong with series regular Lance Reddick we had 3 Wire actors in that episode. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

mc nulty showed up in that channel 4 series the devils whore as Cromwell
    marlo was in heroes as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Saw Dom West in the new punisher movie. Judging by his acting in that film you could never believe he could be a good actor. He just stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

MayoForSam wrote: »

He was a priest, with hair, on Life on Mars US

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Frankie Faison (Comm. Burrell) is in "Nick & Norah's Inifinite Playlist" (
    thank **** it's not inifinite, ****ing ****e
    ).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Poochie05

John Doman (Rawls) was in Damages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Now Lester has just popped up in Damages. Although they were playing completely different characters I couldn't get their Wire alter egos out of my head - quite a surreal scene with 'Rawls' in the jack dressed in a blue sequined dress and 'Lester' pops up behind him to discuss federal investigations into his business. My brain melted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

well just finished watching the last episode of The Corner,what a great series but so depressing and to think it was made 8 years ago,but such a devastating last episode left me throwing my hands up in the air in desporation ,sorry i did not see it before i watched the wire,all i will say if you can get it and watch it an excellent series

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Now Lester has just popped up in Damages. Although they were playing completely different characters I couldn't get their Wire alter egos out of my head - quite a surreal scene with 'Rawls' in the jack dressed in a blue sequined dress and 'Lester' pops up behind him to discuss federal investigations into his business. My brain melted! :D

Same here - I couldn't help thinking that the Damages writers were making a little 'in' joke by having Rawls dressed in drag for his first encounter with Lester.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Tim131

Omar played a homless fella in Boston Legal, he was great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Idris Elba aka Stringer Bell is in The Unborn

I was looking up imdb to find out track someone I saw in an ad for Brothers & Sisters.

There I noticed that Sonja 'Kima' Sohn is now in Brothers & Sisters.

Nil crossover appeal there ;) ?

FWIW, the actor in question was also in Studio 60 ..

Amy Ryan (Beadie) is now Michael's new love interest in the episodes of the American version of the The Office currently showing on 3e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

It might be old news, but Dominic West mentioned this in an interview on Newstalk yesterday morning. He said it was even better than the wire!

'Wire' Vets Join HBO's 'Treme'

Wendell Pierce, Khandi Alexander set for David Simon's pilot

34097155.jpg?title=Clarke+Peters+of+'The+Wire' Clarke Peters of 'The Wire'

"The Wire" creator David Simon is turning to some familiar faces for his next HBO project.

Two regulars from "The Wire" cast, Clarke Peters and Wendell Pierce, have signed on to Simon and Eric Overmyer's drama pilot "Treme." Former "CSI: Miami" star Khandi Alexander is in talks to join the show as well, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Alexander has a connection with Simon as well, having starred in the Simon-penned miniseries "The Corner" in 2000.

"Treme" will follow the lives of musicians and others who live in the titular New Orleans neighborhood as they try to rebuild their lives in the post-Katrina city. Pierce, a New Orleans native, will play a jazz musician who's fallen on tough times since the storm and who still has a soft spot for his ex-wife (Alexander), a bar owner.

Peters is set to play the leader of a Mardi Gras Indian tribe who's trying to get members of his tribe back home.

Alexander left the regular cast of "CSI: Miami" at the end of last season. She may still make a few guest appearances on the show.

• Advertisement

Idris Elba as Michael Scott's new boss in US Office.
    Probably a recurring role.

Kind of weird watching him in a different role, thinking "he can't talk to HIM like that" !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

The actor who ran the kid's boxing gym plays a terminator and captain of the USS Jimmy Carter in the current eps of Terminator: the Sarah Conors Chronicles. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Stringer Bell is in the Office this week

kearnsr wrote: »
    Stringer Bell is in the Office this week

cough cough see 2 posts above yours cough cough

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Freaman is in marley & me (albeit briefly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

Poochie05 wrote: »
    John Doman (Rawls) was in Damages.

He was also in Die Hard: with a Vengance.

He plays the contruction worker (YMCA :D) pulled out of a dump truck by Willis or shouts at him for doing it to someone else, he's only in it for a second....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

The stars of the world premiere of 'The Shawshank Redemption' at the Gaiety Theatre in Dublin have been announced.

Reg Cathey, best known for his role as Norman Wilson in 'The Wire', will play Red, while Kevin Anderson, whose film credits include 'Sleeping with the Enemy' and 'Charlotte's Web', will play Andy Dufresne.

Adapted by Owen O'Neill and Dave Johns from Stephen King's novella 'Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption', the production will be directed by Peter Sheridan.
    Advertisement

'The Shawshank Redemption' will open at the Gaiety Theatre on Tuesday, 19 May with low price previews from Thursday, 14 May.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0327/theshawshankredemption.html

This guy.
    The_Wire_Norman_Wilson.jpg

Presbo showed up on Law & Order (RTE One last week) as a con-artist who was offed by the delicious January Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Idris is in the new Beyonce film "Obsessed*.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Not 100% sure on this, but i think Idris Elba (Stringer) is in the new Eminem video "We Made You". He plays one of the Star Trek captains at the end of the video.

Advertisement