Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gamweek 31 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Wasn't Benteke an injury doubt?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Wasn't Benteke an injury doubt?

He was training with Belgium on Wednesday. He went off with a sore hip but appears it wasn't too bad as they could easily have used it as an excuse to make sure he didn't go on international duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I'm strongly thinking of dumping Sanchez.

I have two FT so I was looking at bringing in Coutinho and Eriksen for Sanchez and Boyd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

John83 wrote: »
    I'm strongly thinking of dumping Sanchez.

I have two FT so I was looking at bringing in Coutinho and Eriksen for Sanchez and Boyd.

Ugghh.... I have so many players I want to get rid of. Rose, PVA, Eriksen, Cazorla, Aguero and now Bellerin. Also have Dawson suspended.
    Got to prioritise I guess, I am so unsure what to do I might just do nothing and have 2 next week!!

Wish I had my wildcard :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

menoscemo wrote: »
    Ugghh.... I have so many players I want to get rid of. Rose, PVA, Eriksen, Cazorla, Aguero and now Bellerin. Also have Dawson suspended.
    Got to prioritise I guess, I am so unsure what to do I might just do nothing and have 2 next week!!

Wish I had my wildcard :rolleyes:
    Why are you thinking of getting rid of Eriksen?

• Advertisement

AdMMM wrote: »
    Why are you thinking of getting rid of Eriksen?

I only ever got him in for the DGW (like Rose), I can see better options and I have cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

fellaini has scored again for Belgium following 2 from him at the weekend......I was all set on getting mata in for villa game but I'm tempted by fellaini now as it will allow a straight swap of benteke to Costa next week.............I also have mane though........ mane and fellaini in my team may be too punty even for me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Thoughts on ozil to fellaini?. Gives me 4.1 in the bank for benteke to Costa or some other transfer.

menoscemo wrote: »
    I only ever got him in for the DGW (like Rose), I can see better options and I have cash.

I did the same at the expense of sterling. Eriksen has a nice run of fixtures though so I think I'll hold him, certainly for this week, while tidying up another area of my squad.

I did the same at the expense of sterling. Eriksen has a nice run of fixtures though so I think I'll hold him, certainly for this week, while tidying up another area of my squad.

Yeah definitely, he is low on the list of priorities.
    I think I'll be forced to get in a defender anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Giroud out for Austin. I'm scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What is the general consensus on Diego Costa - will he play?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Giroud out for Austin. I'm scared.

I was thinking of doing the opposite except Austin was the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

2FT... Guzan IN Foster OUT (have Myhill but WBA will soon face mean opposition)

Not sure what to do with 2nd transfer... one week punt on benteke? (meaning kun out... the others are kane&austin) or fix my defense (terry, alderwield, PVA, rose, bellerin)?

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Chesty08 wrote: »
    What is the general consensus on Diego Costa - will he play?

I'm going to take a chance on it I think. I can't see Mourinho giving anything away in his press conference. If he doesn't play this week, I think he will next week. He's a season 'keeper for me now until Chelsea win the league with a couple of games remaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Very tempted to go either
    Aguero > Rooney

or

Sanchez > Mata

Probably the former. Cue massive week for Kun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Any update on Sturidge?
    had heard out for a month, then heard touch and go for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

am I crazy in thinking fellaini might be worth a punt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

bezuaua wrote: »
    2FT... Guzan IN Foster OUT (have Myhill but WBA will soon face mean opposition)

Not sure what to do with 2nd transfer... one week punt on benteke? (meaning kun out... the others are kane&austin) or fix my defense (terry, alderwield, PVA, rose, bellerin)?

Any suggestions?

Myhill did well away to City. I reckon he'll pick up points regardless who they play

My thinking this week. Going to downgrade Foster to Rose for a .6 savings. Also PVA in for Danny Rose. This leaves me with enough next week to get Bertrand in for Bellerin. Would do it this week but don't want to take a -4. Leaves my defence:

Myhill

Alder -- Bertrand -- Terry (PVA & Bruce)

Is anyone else doubling up on Southampton defenders? Not having Clyne / Bertrand is killing me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Alder -- Bertrand -- Terry (ADM & Bruce)

Di Maria is quite expensive for a benched defender :p

spock. wrote: »
    Di Maria is quite expensive for a benched defender :p

He's probably been on my mind since his post-wildcard slump!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

But yeah a saints double up looks a good (and popular) idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

spock. wrote: »
    But yeah a saints double up looks a good (and popular) idea.

Davis isn't a great keeper and id expect Southampton to keep less clean sheets with him in goal.

Davis isn't a great keeper and id expect Southampton to keep less clean sheets with him in goal.
    I just took a look at the amount of saves keepers have had to make this season, and of the keepers who have played most games, only three keepers made less saves than Forster... Joe Hart, Tim Howard and they've all got less game time than him.

This would indicate that the Saints defence are mostly to thank for Saints clean sheet points, rather than the performance of the keeper, who compared to most other keepers in the league, hasn't had much to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,808 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I just took a look at the amount of saves keepers have had to make this season, and of the keepers who have played most games, only three keepers made less saves than Forster... Joe Hart, Tim Howard and they've all got less game time than him.

This would indicate that the Saints defence are mostly to thank for Saints clean sheet points, rather than the performance of the keeper, who compared to most other keepers in the league, hasn't had much to do.
    There are other things a good keeper is good for in terms of keeping clean sheets IMO, as illustrated weekly by Courtois who doesn't rack up the same amount of save points as a De Gea or a Pantilimon but who I would be much more confident in getting a clean sheet from (even without that strong Chelsea defence), because of his ability to deal with crosses and meet attacks almost before they arrive.

The defence may not be as confident with Davis in goal and may drop deeper or start attacking crosses that they would usually have left to Forster. I had boruc Davis last yr and there was a noticeable drop off in saints clean sheets without boruc. I agree that saints have a great defensive set up and I wouldn't be taking out a defender of theirs I just think due to this key change I'd be wary of doubling up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm thinking of taking a punt on a villa midfielder for the dgw. Who would people go for if given the choice? Delph?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

What are the Forster owners going for?

Between Davis,Fabianski and Myhill for me, leaning toward Fabianski as I have Dawson who will be back next GW. Other GK is the non playing Hamer.

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of taking a punt on a villa midfielder for the dgw. Who would people go for if given the choice? Delph?

Sinclair

Advertisement