Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walk of Shame Awards: Worst Film

• 11-01-2015 6:36pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

• Please nominate for the Worst Film of 2014!
    • Up to 4 nominations per person
    • You can justify your selections if you want, but don't criticise other peoples' selections
    • The movie must have been in Irish Cinemas between January 1st and December 31st 2014
    • This is the last of three batches of nominations. Voting will begin shortly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Hector and the Search for Happiness
    A Million Ways to Die in the West
    Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie
    A Walk Among the Tombstones

The absolute dregs of owning a Cineworld unlimited card. The Equalizer would have been on this list if I managed to sit through it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wish I Was Here - contrived, manipulative junk
    The Imitation Game - dreadfully insipid biopic with sub-BBC production values
    August: Osage County
    The Editor

While I am confident that there were worse films released this year, thankfully my own personal quality control efforts meant I avoided most of them. These four rubbed me very much the wrong way, even if there were likely graver offenses against cinema.

Except The Editor. That is the lowest of the low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Mood Indigo- Complete and Utter Tosh
    If I Stay
    Best of Me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A Million Ways to Die in the West (Seth McFarlane's career must die. His 'comedy' is as worthless as those Seltzer/Friedberg)
    The Expendables 3 (a cynical attempt to pilfer nostalgia for 80s action stars & films, yet nowhere near as fun, exciting or competently made. An utter waste of space. John McTiernan must shed a tear every time an Expendables film comes out)
    Robocop (The latest in the long line of cynical reboots of cherished properties. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as people feared, but was still a bloodless, witless, boring waste of a cinema screen. It was yet another pay-check for Samuel L Jackson, which says a lot in of itself)

- Hmmm, three films who make no bones about trying to trade on our collective nostalgia.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Gone girl.
    Putrid movie with no redeeming features, horrible characters, plot holes all over the place, and acting as wooden as Pinocchio.

A million ways to die in the west.
    As has been said already, the most unfunny comedy you'll see in a long time.

I, Frankenstein
    Think this rubbish was last year. Just a terrible terrible movie.

Divergent
    Yawn, hunger games feather lite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Sex Tape

The Expendables 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

A Million Ways to Die in the West. - I think its a film only Seth McFarlane could enjoy. It is painfully unfunny.

Robocop - Should not have been remade. There really was no need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Agree with August: Osage county but thought that gone girl was very good and so was a walk among the tomb stones. I'd say the worst one I saw and I've seen a lot because of the cineworld pass was August: Osage county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭happysunnydays

Godzilla . One of the worst blockbusters I have watched in years, switched it off after an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Into The Storm - Not even a good 'bad' movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Transformers: Age of Extinction
    300 Rise Of An Empire
    Godzilla
    Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Transformers: Age of Extinction, i actually enjoyed the first 3, but bay must have really wanted out with this one, which still somehow made 1 Billion last year, the only film to do that
    Non Stop
    Noah
    The Expendables 3, first one was muck, 2nd was actually pretty good, this was the worst,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Million ways to die in the west
    Turtles
    300 Rise of an Empire

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Dumb and Dumber To
    Left Behind
    John Wick
    Devil's Due

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Transformers
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Divergent
    I, Frankenstein

American Hustle (So much promise squandered on a bland and boring film)
    The Last Days on Mars (So pretty but so, so derivative)
    Dracula Untold - (utter garbage of the worst kind)
    Mrs Brown's Boys D'Movie (Never saw the film but suffered through the trailer enough times at the time to be sure it's utter, utter garbage)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mrs. Brown's Boys D'Movie (I haven't seen it but I just know….)
    A Million Ways to Die in the West (pick any one of them Seth)
    Let's be Cops (let's not)
    the 90minute iPad ad, what was it called, oh yeah, Sex Tape

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Draft Day
    Teenage mutant Ninja Turtles
    Into the Storm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Transformers
    Mrs Browns Boys
    Ouiji

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement