Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey Woods & Hellfire - Boardsies Social Run Sunday 26th July

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

RayCun wrote: »
    fyp :)

Sorry :o! I'm a northsider :D

adrian522 wrote: »
    We could switch it until the following weekend if it suited people better?

Clash with the Terenure 5 mile unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Can we clarify the word lead.......is it ok for the leader to catch a breather every now and again??
    I did a reccy yesterday as I would be local enough and I didn't get lost....I think.....
    I will upload it to Strava later and post it here to see if I qualify.....(I will also confirm if I'm available for that date)
    Is Sunday May 10th the only option for people interested in this one?
    I clocked 8.4 miles @ 1 hour 25 ish...(a few breathers thrown in)

Can we clarify the word lead.......is it ok for the leader to catch a breather every now and again??
    I did a reccy yesterday as I would be local enough and I didn't get lost....I think.....
    I will upload it to Strava later and post it here to see if I qualify.....(I will also confirm if I'm available for that date)
    Is Sunday May 10th the only option for people interested in this one?
    I clocked 8.4 miles @ 1 hour 25 ish...(a few breathers thrown in)

You're hired! ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well we would usually take it fairly slowly anyway and stop to take pictures if something suitable to photograph is found.

If you post a link up to strava I can save it off on my Garmin and use that to follow it if necessary.

I wouldn't mind changing the date but a lot people are running Terenure the following weekend so not sure really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I think we've lost about 4 for 10th now, me included, can we do a headcount to see who's in or out? Adrian maybe a table with some possible other dates and yes's/no's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

I think as the summer racing season is well and truly on us, there are always going to be a few drop outs whichever date is settled on.
    Fwiw, I am a yes for the 10th and I will be bringing my hangover :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    I think as the summer racing season is well and truly on us, there are always going to be a few drop outs whichever date is settled on.
    Fwiw, I am a yes for the 10th and I will be bringing my hangover :)

absolutely, there will never be a date that suits everyone, I wasn't suggesting a change just because I can't go :D, just a headcount to see where we are on yes's & who've we've lost :) bringing a hangover, that' dedication for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I'm still Green for go. What time are we talking?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

From what I can work out, I've included people as interested who may not actually be interested but if they've posted in the thread I'll assume there is some level of interest

May 10th confirmed:

davedanon
    adrian522
    dubgal 72
    laura_ac3

Interested but not confirmed:

Pacing Mule
    Menoscemo
    PaulieC
    wrstan
    Djoucer
    Shuttle666
    gerard_65
    Murph_D

Out:
    Bungy Girl
    Firedance
    aquinn
    inigo
    Peterx
    Any other date suggestions? Who else is out?

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »
    I'm still Green for go. What time are we talking?

About 9:30 I think.

About 9:30 I think.

Grand, a lie-in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I am very interested, but am down to work that day so might have to knock it on the head. Also, if you think you'll get Meno off road you'd be very much mistaken...

Dave, I hope you got yourself a pair of trail runners since last time ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

PaulieC wrote: »
    I am very interested, but am down to work that day so might have to knock it on the head. Also, if you think you'll get Meno off road you'd be very much mistaken...

Haha, in fairness I will do it if I am recovered from London and not ungover that morning!!
    Won't be able to confirm until closer to the time!!

PaulieC wrote: »

Hahaha. You better believe it. It took about 4 months for my ribs to stop aching.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭inigo

From what I can work out, I've included people as interested who may not actually be interested but if they've posted in the thread I'll assume there is some level of interest

May 10th confirmed:

davedanon
    adrian522
    dubgal 72
    laura_ac3

Pacing Mule
    Menoscemo
    PaulieC
    wrstan
    Djoucer
    Peterx
    Shuttle666
    gerard_65
    Murph_D

Out:
    Bungy Girl
    Firedance

I'm out. I'm free either side though (3rd and 17th May).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I'm out for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

May 10th confirmed:

davedanon
    adrian522
    dubgal 72
    laura_ac3

Pacing Mule
    Menoscemo
    PaulieC
    wrstan
    Djoucer
    Peterx
    Shuttle666
    gerard_65
    Murph_D

Out:
    Bungy Girl
    Firedance
    aquinn
    inigo

I'm out, I can't run at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

May 10th confirmed:

davedanon
    adrian522
    dubgal 72
    laura_ac3

Pacing Mule
    Menoscemo
    PaulieC
    wrstan
    Djoucer
    Shuttle666
    gerard_65
    Murph_D

Out:
    Bungy Girl
    Firedance
    aquinn
    inigo
    Peterx
    Unfortunately I'm out as well. Who love to meet up and do this run, you'll enjoy running around this area, but unless someone can give me a new Achilles tendon I won't be running again for a long time:(

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Sorry to hear that Gerard. Sounds a total bummer. Good luck with the rehab, especially the mental resilience through the recovery.

Looks like I should be good for that date, but just need a final check on other demands :rolleyes: before confirming!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

i've been hanging out around these parts on long runs recently, mark me down as provisional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

I might have to move from confirmed to interested for now - one of the meet and train races I've been thinking of is on that weekend.

Sorry only getting back on now.....Finally recovered after the reccy....
    Looking like me plus 2 maybe 3 if that's ok with yis?
    https://www.strava.com/activities/286807349
    Took a detour on the hellfire route and did the back section with the climb and bypassed the building that day.

hell%20fire_zps7pegugjn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Shuttle666

Sorry I'm still only a provisional - I've ran up round here before and love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

lads...trying to figure out the entrance point between Cruagh and the path to Masseys from this Map...look at the 6km marker....you come out of Cruagh here but then I am unsure where the entrance to the trail is on the other side of the road to get down to Masseys

Dublin%20Mountain%20Plod%20v1.jpg

think I have located on google maps, I've ran by this before though and assumed it was private land, can anyone confirm if this is the correct trail?

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.240868,-6.314969,3a,69y,309.84h,73.58t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGY05-ZuQI-eqoKok7miGQg!2e0?hl=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Is that the 'mountain plod' route? At the 6k point you come out of massey's wood, cross over the road and the entrance to cruagh is opposite. You'll climb over a couple of stiles.

I may have to drop out of this one, need to be in Kilkenny that Saturday night now I think, won't be able to get out of it I don't think :(

statss wrote: »
    lads...trying to figure out the entrance point between Cruagh and the path to Masseys from this Map...look at the 6km marker....you come out of Cruagh here but then I am unsure where the entrance to the trail is on the other side of the road to get down to Masseys

Dublin%20Mountain%20Plod%20v1.jpg

think I have located on google maps, I've ran by this before though and assumed it was private land, can anyone confirm if this is the correct trail?

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.240868,-6.314969,3a,69y,309.84h,73.58t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGY05-ZuQI-eqoKok7miGQg!2e0?hl=en

Right trail wrong gate......that gate is further down the road...
    After coming out of Cruagh wood and the big green steps youll see a small gate...You literally cross the road at the bad bend and 10 metres down you will see a white pedestrian size gate with a gap to lead you onto the masseys trail.
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.239254,-6.314284,3a,75y,253.65h,62.9t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s5VIWBtZSJ8wUndoaDASPcw!2e0
    (google maps is an older picture the gates have been changed....)
    Youll know you are on the right track when you find 5 hurdles over the fences with the river on your lhs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Put me down provisionally. Have exams coming up that week so I will have to confirm later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SureWhyNot!

Here is the Coillte Map of the Hellfire, Massey's & Cruagh area which might be easier to follow than the Plod map above. The new trails on ascending Cruagh to the boardwalks are shown just to the south of the Dublin Mountain Way (the yellow dots).

More info on the Coillte Outdoors site and maps for loads of other areas too.

Dublin Walking Trails

Advertisement