Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

jujibee wrote: »
    Which pub?

It's called Peggy Kinnanes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Kiera wrote: »
    Oh oh oh, do you live in Dublin? There’s an underwear shop in the Pavillion in Swords and the underwear is pretty expensive but really good. They have a great sale on at the mo and you can get 3 bra’s for €25 (matching knickers €15). So that’s 3 really good quality sets for €40. Where the bras alone would usually be about €35-€45.

Thanks Kiera, do they do up to size G, I wonder? Must check it out.
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    I'm totally doing that, only with sips of wine!

Im doing that too, except without the assignment part:D.

Tatabubbly that is horrific, what evil bast ards:mad:. I hope he is ok (well as ok as he can be after that)

Maple your posts about your boyfriend are so joyous, its lovely:). Enjoy all the sex:p. I am very jealous:o.

Well fcuk me I had a really shi tty day today but in some good news have made a big step towards forging ahead with my plan to move to the other side of the world on my own - unbeknownst to everybody except my best friend and my parents. Its scary stuff but very exhilirating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Aw man. Was in college all day coding an app (with the help of a few classmates). Really does make you want to rip all your hair out :mad: Just home now eating WAY too much dinner but I am starving and wrecked sooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Oh I nearly forgot, Acoshla I am so disappointed for you about your dress hun. Hopefully you find your dream dress without having to travel far or spend much time looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Tomorrow is my last day in work :( I got a new job, which I'm really excited about, but I'm gutted to leave the people I've worked with over the last year. They were the only people I knew when I first moved to Dublin, and we have become like a family as we all started at the same time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Kiera wrote: »
    Oh oh oh, do you live in Dublin? There’s an underwear shop in the Pavillion in Swords and the underwear is pretty expensive but really good. They have a great sale on at the mo and you can get 3 bra’s for €25 (matching knickers €15). So that’s 3 really good quality sets for €40. Where the bras alone would usually be about €35-€45.

Thanks Kiera, do they do up to size G, I wonder? Must check it out.
    Yup they do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i just devoured a massive chinese!!! i had a busy stressful week i deserved it!!

now mah belly is full and sore!!

think ill relax tonight and do nothing!! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

i just devoured a massive chinese!!! i had a busy stressful week i deserved it!!

now mah belly is full and sore!!

think ill relax tonight and do nothing!! :D
    Sounds like my kind of night! It's been waaaay too long since I've had a Chinese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Posy wrote: »
    Sounds like my kind of night! It's been waaaay too long since I've had a Chinese.

its been ages since i had one!!

nyom nyom nyom!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

merlie wrote: »
    Had a good cry after my daughter left today. She just drops home to change her clothes and then leaves to go back with her boyfriend, whom she is now sharing his family home with her. His mum also lives there and they have taken to her like a duck to water. She is loved by them, and I am not surprised as she is such a beautiful caring young woman. But I miss the chats, although she says she loves me, she has no time to chat and I do not know when she will be back home to change her clothes and leave again. She took some things with her this time round. She is coming down with the flu, and not feeling great, she said that her boyfriend is looking after her, she told me what he did for her, giving her hot drinks, plenty of tissues and warm blankets etc and it is the exact thing I would do for her too. Me and her have always been close and we have great understanding, but I do miss her. I miss the late night chats and the laughs, and hugs. She is my one and only. She is on her way to making her own life and I am pleased about that, but we hardly talk, she doesn't have the time to stop by for a while, just clothes and go, So when she left, I had a good cry. It is a mom thing and I cannot help it.

That is what made me cry today.

Write all that down, send it to her and be proud of your daughter...

And be proud of yourself for bringing her up so well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Aw man. Was in college all day coding an app (with the help of a few classmates). Really does make you want to rip all your hair out :mad: Just home now eating WAY too much dinner but I am starving and wrecked sooo.

Oh the joys of programming... three semesters of it were enough for me! It took a while to grow back all the hair torn out in the process :D Never again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Oh the joys of programming... three semesters of it were enough for me! It took a while to grow back all the hair torn out in the process :D Never again!!!

Ah, I love coding. Best fun making the 'puter do what you want it to...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I love The Mentalist. Watching S01 E15 now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

My oldest sister just sold her house, irish pub and boat in Belgium :(
    Now she, the husband and 2 kids are buying a bigger boat and are going to sail for world for a few years. I'm terrified of boats and the ocean so I'll be permanently worried about her.
    She's going to homeschool the kids (9 and 6) and they've no plans for money or where they'll go.
    Just really really really hoping it works out her here, my mom has been in tears all day about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

bubblefett wrote: »
    Now she, the husband and 2 kids are buying a bigger boat and are going to sail for world for a few years. I'm terrified of boats and the ocean so I'll be permanently worried about her.
    She's going to homeschool the kids (9 and 6) and they've no plans for money or where they'll go.
    Just really really really hoping it works out her here, my mom has been in tears all day about it.

If it wasn't for the whole being out in the ocean bit (am slightly afraid of open water) that actually sounds pretty amazing. The freedom of it!

I can understand the worry for you guys though.

If it wasn't for the whole being out in the ocean bit (am slightly afraid of open water) that actually sounds pretty amazing. The freedom of it!

I can understand the worry for you guys though.

I know she and the husband will love it, I just worry about the kids though, it's such a different way to raise them- I've never known anyone with that kind of upbringing. No doubt it'll be an amazing opportunity for them but they're already fairly wild kids (sister isn't one for rules and boundaries) and I just worry what a lack of structure will do.
    That and sharks. Also worry about sharks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

That is my life's dream. One day I'll do it. Fair play to your sister, that is a very brave move to make.

I can understand your worry but once they are both fully qualified and experienced sailors, good navigation skills, anal about water safety and life jackets and most importantly experience in open water for periods they should be fine with careful preparation :)

I know she and the husband will love it, I just worry about the kids though, it's such a different way to raise them- I've never known anyone with that kind of upbringing. No doubt it'll be an amazing opportunity for them but they're already fairly wild kids (sister isn't one for rules and boundaries) and I just worry what a lack of structure will do.

Living on a boat can do amazing things for kids. On a yacht there is no escape or not facing up to consequences because there is simply put nowhere else to go! I grew up around boats and the water, I wouldn't have it any other way for my little girl. She was out for her first sail at 4 months old as soon as the weather turned good. Not quite as early as me (2 weeks old) but I was a summer baby :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Wow, fair play to them for going for it. I've read about a few families who have done that, the kids have all been intelligent, incredibly well educated in every way, and I honestly think their minds are more open to everything and they are so much more creative etc. If I didn't absolutely loathe boats and deep water I'd love it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Lola92 wrote: »

Living on a boat can do amazing things for kids. On a yacht there is no escape or not facing up to consequences because there is simply put nowhere else to go! I grew up around boats and the water, I wouldn't have it any other way for my little girl. She was out for her first sail at 4 months old as soon as the weather turned good. Not quite as early as me (2 weeks old) but I was a summer baby :)

Hah, that's like me with planes! My first flight was at 3 weeks old and I've always had my own passport. Even as a baby! Now I work with aircraft! Which came about totally randomly but I love it!

Travel is just in my blood. I've been to more places in my life than people double my age have! Planning my next trips now! One day, when I win the lotto, I'm going to do a round the world trip.

Was meant to be going out with college friends today, instead I got stuck in work til 8.30 and had to clean my bathroom when I got home. I'm sick of missing so many nights out. I'm pretty sue half my friends don't even remember me anymore. I hate being so alone in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

oops, didnt realise how the m50 eflow thing worked so got a late payment notice in the door (not from Dublin and had never driven to the airport before always got buses or taxis) was wondering why it had toll on the road but there were no tollbooths, in fairness how are people not from there supposed to know? its not like you're looking for websites and payment instructions in the middle of a busy three lane motorway :rolleyes:

Lola92 thanks, I actually feel much better hearing from someone who's been raised on boats :). Me and my mom are terrfied of them and the ocean so I'd had no experience with them. Don't even know any friends that sail.

Acoshla thats' great to hear, I hope the boys get the best experience out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

krudler wrote: »
    oops, didnt realise how the m50 eflow thing worked so got a late payment notice in the door (not from Dublin and had never driven to the airport before always got buses or taxis) was wondering why it had toll on the road but there were no tollbooths, in fairness how are people not from there supposed to know? its not like you're looking for websites and payment instructions in the middle of a busy three lane motorway :rolleyes:

There's a teeny tiny sign on the side of the road that tells you what to do-surely you couldn't have missed it? :eek::eek: :p

shinikins wrote: »
    There's a teeny tiny sign on the side of the road that tells you what to do-surely you couldn't have missed it? :eek::eek: :p

it must have been behind the rows of cars, vans and trucks, sunlight, distracting gps and keeping an eye out for the exit while travelling at over 100kmph, curse my eyesight!

Lola92 thanks, I actually feel much better hearing from someone who's been raised on boats :). Me and my mom are terrfied of them and the ocean so I'd had no experience with them. Don't even know any friends that sail.

Acoshla thats' great to hear, I hope the boys get the best experience out of it.

Bubblefett I've no doubt it would be daunting for someone with little water experience. If you get a chance take a look at some of the yachting magazines, some great stories about sailing families there especially around Holland (although they would be more so barges). I'm no expert on long haul sailing or anything, my longest stints would have been 2/3 weeks at a time but I have done a lot of coastal and inland sailing on yachts and dinghys.

There really is nothing like the exhilairation and relaxation of sailing :) Being able to pull into port wherever you like to stop and visit cities and towns all over the coast. Even just to drop anchor in some bay and go for a swim before lunch. I have done some sailing around the mediterranian and adriatic and it is truly breathtaking. I would love to sail around south America as soon as the OH finds his sea legs, oh and the small matter of being able to afford a boat :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

krudler wrote: »
    it must have been behind the rows of cars, vans and trucks, sunlight, distracting gps and keeping an eye out for the exit while travelling at over 100kmph, curse my eyesight!

It may not be teeny tiny. It may in fact be whopping, and not singular. :pac:

Das Kitty wrote: »

I drive past it every day on the way to and from college. Will count in the morning for lolz :pac:

Das Kitty wrote: »

I'm still using my "I've never driven on this road before" excuse :pac:, sure people are always driving into the tunnell in Limerick not realising it has a toll, even though you pass a few signs, will know better next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I'm so homesick. Just spent the day chatting on the phone to a wide range of Irish people in Toronto, for a story I'm producing for the Canadian news. I think I spoke to about 60 people.

One of my colleagues just said to me 'your accent is about 150% more Irish now than it was this morning'

Also, I used the phrase 'sound out' for the first time in about two years. I forgot about my bogger roots!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't drive and even I know all about e-flow. D'uuuh. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement