Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

hypermuse wrote: »
    you say that now but you'll prob still buy Bops 2

Not this time. I usually have COD pre-ordered at this stage and have for the last four years. It's not that I hate the games for no reason, it just hasn't given me anything to get excited about this year. I just don't have the motivation to go in and fork out 60 quid. I know that might not mean much to some people on here, but it is money that could go towards something that you're going to get something out of.

On another forum, I was in the crowd that was saying to the others "ah, you're missing out" twelve months ago. And then MW3 hit and I realised, maybe they weren't too far off. Even the big Youtube people that earn money from this game have said MW3 left a bad taste in peoples mouths. I haven't played it since April and I've no intention of. I've actually disconnected my XB and play BF3 solely on PC.

MoH look like they're brewing something good up and I'm far more interested to see what they've created as opposed to something I already have in my bottom draw already. But I'll still come on at launch night to see how you guys like it. :)

NO doubt the megabitch threads will be going up pretty quick thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ill be renting it for a week again this year

I rented MW3 and had it back the following day :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

hypermuse wrote: »
    I aint played MOH since the old ones back in the day, I think on PS1, maybe PS2. Cant remember the name of the last one I played.

For some reason I don't think I'd enjoy the new ones that much tbh.
    MOH Allied Assault ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Headshot wrote: »

How have I never thought of this?!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I've little to no interest in it this year, might pick it up after launch if its good but no midnight launch or pre-ordering for this one, buying the hardened MW3 was a waste of money, I played a handful of the dlc maps and didnt bother getting the last two drops.

If Blops 2 is actually good then I'll pick it up, happy days, will watch the love/bitch threads for a bit after launch, which is half the fun of the launch nights watching people lose the rag over things and applauding others :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I rented MW3 and had it back the following day :pac:

Ditto. Maybe not rent it right away, but I will eventually rent it at first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I think for the first time I might pre-order a cod game,I've always gone into tesco a day or two later and go it before.And the funny thing is I've little to no interest in the multiplayer.I've not played Mw3 since june I think bar the odd private game.
    All I want from black ops 2 is le zombies!
    I dunno I'll have to think over this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

krudler wrote: »
    I've little to no interest in it this year, might pick it up after launch if its good but no midnight launch or pre-ordering for this one, buying the hardened MW3 was a waste of money, I played a handful of the dlc maps and didnt bother getting the last two drops.

If Blops 2 is actually good then I'll pick it up, happy days, will watch the love/bitch threads for a bit after launch, which is half the fun of the launch nights watching people lose the rag over things and applauding others :pac:

I was the same. There's a good few DLC maps I haven't played. Found when they released Terminal it just made me realise how much I missed MW2 and went back to that. Hardly played MW3 since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Whats the crack with Elite with the Care package & Hardened Edition ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I was the same. There's a good few DLC maps I haven't played. Found when they released Terminal it just made me realise how much I missed MW2 and went back to that. Hardly played MW3 since.

ha I was the same, got Terminal thinking itd make me play MW3 more, but they messed up the spawns so much I just went back to MW2, it even looks nicer on MW2 imo, I think its a better looking game than MW3, theres actually some colour in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

gcgirl wrote: »
    Whats the crack with Elite with the Care package & Hardened Edition ?

You can put your jewelery and barbie dolls into the care package. Fairly handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I can honestly say, disappointed with the zeds trailer. Then again, you cannot really put the fun in a video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

http://t.co/HyHGWYjW

Zombies Reveal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I was on the fence about picking it up at all, but after seeing the new trailer, reckon I'll definitely be getting it. looks like a rip off of left for dead , but that's not a bad thing .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Is that an Avenged Sevenfold song playing in the zeds vid? Kinda sounds like M. Shadows

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Those character/zombie models look sh1tty. Jesus i thought they would have advanced atleast a little bit in the time they had.

There's very little they can do on current generation consoles.

Theres no point in having half the team working on a new engine when we'll be switching up in a year or so. Having said that, I think you're right. The COD games have looked pretty ****ty for a while. They use the consoles are their primary system. DICE have always put PC over consoles and their Frostbite engine looks gorgeous. Treyarch/IW need to develop for the PC primarily. Whatever way that will cross over to consoles is anyone's guess but the have to change the engine up sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

the money is in consoles so development focus will stay there... sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

You can get Camos for the Assault (riot) shield in Blops 2. Gold assault shield?

knapp01.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

iMuse wrote: »
    Gold assault shield?

Muse: "Woohoo I got my gold riot shield.............****, I can't see a thing through it. It's just a sheet of solid gold" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

x43r0 wrote: »
    Muse: "Woohoo I got my gold riot shield.............****, I can't see a thing through it. It's just a sheet of solid gold" :pac:

Nevermind that, try lifting the f**king thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Major buzzkill about the game is that awareness is just like sitrep pro in MW3 and has no counter. It is far too OP and makes S&D unplayable as all people do is sit in a corner. Basically if you don't have a good headset your fcuked.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hip fire shotty's look WAAAAAAY OP'd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Denny M wrote: »
    Is that an Avenged Sevenfold song playing in the zeds vid? Kinda sounds like M. Shadows

It most certainly is. Not actually a great song from them to be honest and I'm a big fan. It's available to download on iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Jofspring wrote: »
    It most certainly is. Not actually a great song from them to be honest and I'm a big fan. It's available to download on iTunes.

Yeah I agree, I like a lot of their previous work, but this song just isn't doing anything for me. I like Elena Siegeman on zombies better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Give me "Waking the Fallen" era A7X any day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Don't know if this has been posted but taken from Vahn's Twitter feed! I see dudes Quickscoping at 1 stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

^ all the more reason to rent

Most of the things I hated in ops 1 is back, sigh....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

^ all the more reason to rent

Most of the things I hated in ops 1 is back, sigh....
    Is ghost back? You loved that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Don't know if this has been posted but taken from Vahn's Twitter feed! I see dudes Quickscoping at 1 stage!

Not the least bit inspiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

that looks like a pile of bollix! and I was feeling quite optimistic for blops the 2nd!

Advertisement