Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bass Fishing

• 23-06-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Lads, I'm just trying to find out what the consensus is about what stage of the tide is best to fish for bass? Also what the best rig is just for fishing rag worm (size of hokk etc.)? As both of these questions seem to have know straight answer...I know alot is personal preferance but I'm sick of hearing so many differant things! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

Hi Mucky,
    As far as tide is concerned here (= West coast) with out doubt on storm beaches , best time is changing low to flood +3hrs , avoid neaps and fish the bigger tides esp. spring tides ,you need a bit of "fizz" in the sea i.e on shore f4-5 or 5ft swell off the buoy data (met .ie / majic seaweed) , aim for the third wave out or 'cresting' wave ,as far as rigs are concerned ,2 hook flappers are the best all rounders with pulley-rigs when fish are picky or the tide is gnarley .
    Bait wise , have tried them all but general rule for me peeler crab Jan to May and sandeel there after , lug and rag will do but better fish falling to sandeel esp. summer months..... Mack also worth a go!
    Best fish this year @ 6LB ... Last years PB @ just over 9LB.

Best of Luck with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭crx===

OOps ..as for hook size .. not less than 1/0 or greater than 3/0 (Generally)... bait elastic 'a must' for distance on shallow beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Totaly agree with Crx on the times.Im based in Cork and Im getting great fishing as soon as the tide turns for 3 hours at the most then I leave.I cant help you on hook size as I'm mainly using lures.Best of luck.Had another one this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭muckyprawn

Thanks lads...I was out this morning at 5am, not a tip!!! Nice to see the sun rising though...

Advertisement