Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy Book

• 19-03-2011 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi, my friend just found out that she is pregnant with her first child and I wanted to get her a book on pregnancy but there is so many out there. Can anyone please recommend a good one. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

What to expect when your expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

The Better Birth Book by Tracy Donegan and What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff. The first one is great for information about being pregnant in Ireland, the second is brilliant for a month by month breakdown of what's going on with your body/your baby and is essential for any parent-to-be (imo).

I really didn't like the Irish Pregnancy Book by Peter Boylan - way too much 'do exactly what your consultant says' scaremongering in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 velvet68

The Better Birth Book by Tracy Donegan and What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff. The first one is great for information about being pregnant in Ireland, the second is brilliant for a month by month breakdown of what's going on with your body/your baby and is essential for any parent-to-be (imo).

I really didn't like the Irish Pregnancy Book by Peter Boylan - way too much 'do exactly what your consultant says' scaremongering in it.

Thanks a Million for all your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Tracy is actually a regular poster here.

I second what to expect when you're expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 30 velvet68

I got the book and she loves it thanks a million for your help. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement