Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lacey Cup, Tralee - Sunday 26 February 2012

• 22-02-2012 4:21pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since we've already got a thread going on the Trader's Cup, thought we might have one for the Munster folk. Season starts down that way on Sunday with the usual opener of the Lacey Cup. Full details on Sticky Bottle.
    Sign on – 10.00am -11.30am sharp at Manor West Hotel. The hotel is located within the grounds of the Manor West Retail Park, on the N21/N22 (Castleisland/ Killarney) main approach into Tralee. At the first roundabout (opposite Adams Hyundai Garage) take the first exit for the Manor West Retail Park. At the second roundabout take the third exit for the Manor West Hotel.

Parking – The overflow car park directly opposite the hotel has ample parking for all riders and supporters.
    Entry – €10
    Categories – A1, A2, A3 & A4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Great piece written here by Kealan ( nice work mate ! )

http://kealansbikeshed.blogspot.com/

Again all details for this weekends race can be found at www.traleebc.com

PLEASE NOTE the sign on location had changed to Manor West Hotel, so make sure to check the website.

Hope to see some of you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Were the organizers ever tempted to use Short Mountain ? now that would be a fairly tough test at the end of a race !!

Yeah the Short mountain is one we use on some of the club spins, but its way to dangerous to hold a race on it, the descent would be carnage in a race, iota bad enough just while training.

Besides, the current 6km Sliabh Mish climb before the final descent to the finish is hard enough if you've been going 'eyeballs' all the way. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Just heard the first 3 from today:

Sean Lacey (Dan Morrissey)
    Richard Hooton (Visit Nenagh)
    Paidi O' Brien (Dan Morrissey)

- anyone know where the rest of the results can be found?

P.S. Anyone have any photos from today?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

• Advertisement

Cheers for that Vlad ;)

We've just been wrapping up a VERY busy day. Thanks to all 188 riders who made the trip, well done lads and thanks for your support. Congrats to Sean Lacy 'again', some win ! Richard Hooton and Paudie O'Brien, coming in 2nd & 3rd. Our own Barry Horgan taking the prime at Gleann Na nGealt. We'll be uploading pics from the race once we get everything in, so I'll keep you posted.

More race details here :

http://www.traleebc.com/latest-news-blog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Plastik

Jeepers, that Tralee BC website looks the mutts nuts! Very swish!

Cheers Plastik,

All part of a new drive to re-energize the club, some more plans in the pipeline to be announced really soon, which will be of interest to ALL cyclists, so stay tuned ! :)

Plastik wrote: »
    Jeepers, that Tralee BC website looks the mutts nuts! Very swish!

Lacey Cup Pics now up :

Will be adding some more when we get them in.

michaelm wrote: »
    Just heard the first 3 from today:

Sean Lacey (Dan Morrissey)
    Richard Hooton (Visit Nenagh)
    Paidi O' Brien (Dan Morrissey)

- anyone know where the rest of the results can be found?

P.S. Anyone have any photos from today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Murph100 wrote: »
    Cheers Plastik,

All part of a new drive to re-energize the club, some more plans in the pipeline to be announced really soon, which will be of interest to ALL cyclists, so stay tuned ! :)

Will this include your ****e encrusted cousins - the mountainbikers? :D Would love to see a mtb club in the area. The site looks superb by the way. Fair play.

• Advertisement

Hmmm ... might not be something MTB'ers will be looking for, but ya never know.

Cheers for thumbs up on the site ;)

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Will this include your ****e encrusted cousins - the mountainbikers? :D Would love to see a mtb club in the area. The site looks superb by the way. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Hmmm ... might not be something MTB'ers will be looking for,

Pity, great way to get juniors involved in cycling. The junior mtb scene in Killarney is thriving at the moment although they have the location for it.

Yeah Killarney is a great location for MTB, Tralee and surrounding area is pretty poor for trails by comparison, but we're well compensated with some great road routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Well done on the great pics - kudos to the photographer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Lacey Cup Pics now up :

Will be adding some more when we get them in.

Congrats on a great day for the club Murph. I am almost jealous that I didnt train properly, lose weight and race. Although as I said to a certain mod here, there were two too many hills for me in this one.

Looked like ye got a dry day too. Great turnout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭fixie fox

Lacey Cup Pics now up :

Not on an iPad they ain't

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

fixie fox wrote: »

ipad schmipad, stoopid new-fangled gadgets.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

fixie fox wrote: »

I doubt it's Tralee Bicycle Club's fault your iPad doesn't have Flash. ;)

Cheers ROK, ya would have been grand, sure its all in the mind !! ;)
    ROK ON wrote: »
    Congrats on a great day for the club Murph. I am almost jealous that I didnt train properly, lose weight and race. Although as I said to a certain mod here, there were two too many hills for me in this one.

Looked like ye got a dry day too. Great turnout.

Yeah, and as a die hard Apple nut since day 1, it really annoying but we're working on another slick slideshow with more compatibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭fixie fox

Of course it isn't, but given that that their event was of such high quality i'm pretty sure that they will want to get this right as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement