Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Ticketmaster Printed Ticket?

• 22-02-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,more than likely this is in the wrong thread. so apologies.

im thinking of buying a ticket for a gig from gumtree,however its a printed ticket,and im just wondering is that safe?

is it possible that the card that was used to buy the ticket will have to be presented?

thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

the credit card won't be needed but if the seller of the ticket logs onto ticketmaster and prints a new ticket then yours is invalid or they can print out a copy of the one they send you and get to the venue beforehand.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Hey guys,more than likely this is in the wrong thread. so apologies.

im thinking of buying a ticket for a gig from gumtree,however its a printed ticket,and im just wondering is that safe?

is it possible that the card that was used to buy the ticket will have to be presented?

thanks for any info

It's not at all safe.

Go on to toutless for the safest second hand tickets i've come across. But even there you have no garuntees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Have got around 5 separate gig tickets off Toutless users and never had a problem (all at or below face value), thoroughly recommend that site.

I've used toutless plenty of times myself. But you can get stung just as easily from there as you can from gumtree, adverts etc. There is no comeback.

In regards to printed tickets, I would have my reservations but I've never heard of anyone getting screwed. It is possible to tell ticket master your real tickets have not been delivered and get them reissued so no way is fully fool proof. Maybe offer to pay by paypal for extra security.

Advertisement