Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

scratch card

• 17-02-2015 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Not sure where to put this. Long story short i was cleaning the van the other day and came across a " diamomd bingo doubler scratch card" i got for my bday last september.

Played it on my lunch yesterday and found out id won 30 quid on it. I brought it to a topaz on my way to work this morning but the girl said it wouldnt scan because of the "new machines"?? And the new scratch cards have new type barcodes? Anyone know where i stand with this?

Will i keep trying a few other shops or just post it in? It does say on tbe back in bold letters PRIZES MUST BE CLAIMED BY 90 DAYS AFTER GAME END ANNOUNCEMENT. NATIONAL LOTTERY RULES APPLY. i did a quick google search but couldnt find any info. Any help welcome. Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

evosteo wrote: »

Will i keep trying a few other shops or just post it in? It does say on tbe back in bold letters PRIZES MUST BE CLAIMED BY 90 DAYS AFTER GAME END ANNOUNCEMENT. NATIONAL LOTTERY RULES APPLY.

think you may be out of luck :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a postal option for claiming, but its quite possible that it is more than 90 days after the announcement - usually done in the national papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Some of the bigger post offices may still have the old machines but they are either out of service or completely gone in normal retailers. I know from experience though after the 90 days it won't let you claim, unless things have changed! (Disgusted to lose that €2 I won for my 18th! :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BrianJD

The Post office should still have the old Machines active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

To the best of my knowledge, all agents still have the old machines. I have one next to me here.

You have 90 days from the announced date of end-of-game.

All the old machine get switched off 27th Feb so get a move on.

Where in dublin are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Working up the north east of the country at the minute and im mobile. In balbriggan at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Game is all over by Feb 27th also - per National Lottery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Nearly any lottery agent should be able to do that for you. If near liffey valley, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Game is all over by Feb 27th also - per National Lottery

Thanks very much for that link - I'm sure that I have a few lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Tried 6 different placed between balbriggan and termonfeckin. The maxol in termonfeckin had an old machine an was able to cash it. All the other places had the new machines and couldnt do anything for me. Happy days anyways. Cheers for the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭jacool

This is an absolute disgrace. At no point did they state that this would happen. The message on the reverse of tickets clearly states prizes of up to 150 can be paid at shops but this is not true. I was told that I'd have to travel to Cork city from where I am which I can't do. I rang them and they more or less said "tough". I went to 4 shops today and to add insult to injury the machines were all out of order too. This means a trek back to town later to get on before tonights draw. Rubbish service all told.

Advertisement