Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motors forum permaban?

• 14-02-2015 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭

Obviously I am appealing my motors permaban
    I got no warning of this.
    I dont see why I have been permabanned.
    Please clarify

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

No reason was given.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

On the contrary, you were given a very clear reason by the CMod who banned you when he told you that you violated another poster's privacy. The Boards Terms of Use are very specific on this point:
    You agree, through use of this service, NOT to use boards.ie to:

*defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others

*identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user

You thought you were being smart with your post in the Projects and Builds forum posting stupid "cryptic" nonsense while clearly you were doing nothing more than outing another Boardsie's real identity. You've had more than enough chances in the Motors forum and you've now finally reaped what you've sown by earning yourself a permanent ban from there. You've been nothing but a timesink for the mods there and it's time for that to end. You can consider yourself extremely lucky that you haven't been sitebanned for this latest antic, a permaban from Motors is getting off lightly. Ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement