Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

De Facto Relationships Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

yolili57 wrote: »
    I have a relationship with a Irish citizen. we have been living together for 2 years and we have a baby boy who is one year.

At the moment we are in Australia but we want to go to Ireland to live there with his family it because in Australia we dont have family and it is difficult with small baby.

The reason why I post this is because I have ready looked for information about it on the webside for apply for visa (long term join family) but the webside doesnt have clear information about which documents we need in order to do the aplication.

could anyone help me.

our soon is Australian citizen.

Thanks.

Did you get this sorted yet?
    Perhaps you could get a irish passport for your son, Then you would need to apply for a visa to join your family, or prove the de facto partner,spouse. Perhaps as a mother of a young baby the application can be speeded up. But dont hold your breath on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pixie Nixie

Hi all!

I hope you can help me out. My boyfriend is Irish and I applied to the defacto visa while in a visit visa in 2013 and it was denied so I had to come back to my home country but then I applied again this year while in a tourist visa and it was granted for only 6 months and with stamp 3.
    The letter I received says I can renew it but it doesn't say what to do to renew it.

Should I apply all over again or just go to the immigration office and pay the 300euros? Do I have to go with my boyfriend? What papers do I have to show them (passports, what else?)

Is there any way I can change the stamp 3 into stamp 4???? It's driving me insane not being able to work!!

Please anyone who can give me some advise will be very much appreciated.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Grimsvotn

I applied for this visa from abroad and was granted within a few weeks, what should I do when I arrive in Ireland, do I need to make another application?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aj1980

Hi All,

I am Irish and my partner is Canadian, we have been together for over two years and living with each other since they came over on a working holiday Visa in June 2014.

Given the processing times for de facto relationships scheme we sent in the application along with all the supporting documentation only to be refused via letter on the 23rd of December citing that we hadn't been living together for 2 years.

The letter also said that the start date for the co-habitation was December 2014 despite that the fact that there was a lease for our apartment from the 1st of October and documentary proof of us being at the same address since June 2014 so clearly they hadn't looked too hard at the documentation.

I am not sure what my options are to be honest, I think I should flag the errors but I don't think it will make any difference to the final decision.

My partner has a job that he loves and is doing really well at it, being promoted 3 times in the past 2 years, its on the list of ineligible occupations for so come June I am worried that he will have to leave it as his working holiday visa expires.

I also worry that if I apply in June we are left in limbo waiting to see if we will be successful or not.

Any insights from people that have had the same experience would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Erinelli

Hello,

I too am a Canadian who arrived in Ireland in June 2014 on a Working Holiday Visa. I have been living with my partner since arriving however my visa will expire this June 2016. These are my questions:

--If my Visa expires just when I can provide proof of living together for 2 years will my application (to be submitted prior to the date of living together for 2 years) be denied?

--Secondly, my Irish boyfriend is on Social Welfare and currently trying to become officially self employed through a social welfare entrepreneurial programme. The INIS website De Facto guideline states the following however:

"The Sponsor must be resident or intend to be resident in the State and be self sufficient i.e. not on social welfare benefits and must, if necessary, be able to support the Applicant and any dependants financially without recourse to public funds."

--Also, while I have a visa I am currently unemployed but searching for work. I teach a bit of yoga on the side to help pay our rent/living expenses... but this is obviously not on the books because it's just a part-time gig. Our bank account is looking a bit sparse to say the least... eek.

I am freaking out that our application will be rejected for the above reasons.

Does anyone have any insight or advice on these topics? What should we do? Please help! Much appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Erinelli wrote: »
    Hello,

I too am a Canadian who arrived in Ireland in June 2014 on a Working Holiday Visa. I have been living with my partner since arriving however my visa will expire this June 2016. These are my questions:

--If my Visa expires just when I can provide proof of living together for 2 years will my application (to be submitted prior to the date of living together for 2 years) be denied?

--Secondly, my Irish boyfriend is on Social Welfare and currently trying to become officially self employed through a social welfare entrepreneurial programme. The INIS website De Facto guideline states the following however:

"The Sponsor must be resident or intend to be resident in the State and be self sufficient i.e. not on social welfare benefits and must, if necessary, be able to support the Applicant and any dependants financially without recourse to public funds."

--Also, while I have a visa I am currently unemployed but searching for work. I teach a bit of yoga on the side to help pay our rent/living expenses... but this is obviously not on the books because it's just a part-time gig. Our bank account is looking a bit sparse to say the least... eek.

I am freaking out that our application will be rejected for the above reasons.

Does anyone have any insight or advice on these topics? What should we do? Please help! Much appreciated!

So you might or might not want to hear this, but if you get married it takes everything out of the equation. You just will have to go to your local Garda station and they will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Erinelli

astonaidan wrote: »
    So you might or might not want to hear this, but if you get married it takes everything out of the equation. You just will have to go to your local Garda station and they will sort you out.

Thanks for getting back to us. We are indeed taking that route - always was in the cards, but now we're just going ahead with getting married a little sooner than expected so that I can stay in the country. We are delighted - I guess this was meant to be! (Helps that we love each other of course!) :P ;)

Erinelli wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to us. We are indeed taking that route - always was in the cards, but now we're just going ahead with getting married a little sooner than expected so that I can stay in the country. We are delighted - I guess this was meant to be! (Helps that we love each other of course!) :P ;)

Fair play did the samething was just easier than hoop jumping now have a baby on the way, we dont do things slow :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 850731galway

We have received acknowledgement our de facto visa application has been received, what's next? Sit back and wait? They advised in their letter that they are working on cases in a chronological order and are currently assessing applications that have been received in November of last year. The application was submitted to the de facto unit so I'm assuming they have a de facto team, what takes so long for the applications to be approved? How many people have applied for de facto visas? The whole process seems very shambolic. Will INIS just go quiet now until such time as we get to the top of the queue? Can we even leave the country on holidays during this time? Or can my partner take up voluntary work or an unpaid internship while the application is pending?

The whole process seems pretty shambolic and sub standard in comparison to other countries we have lived in. Firstly, the information provided on the INIS website is so very vague and unclear. Secondly, the GNIB officer told us that we just needed to prove that we were together for two years not cohabiting for two years as stated on the website. What is correct? Also, on arrival at dublin airport my partner was given a 30 day window in which to lodge his application and a green slip of paper which clearly stated that we were to attend GNIB with out documents for an initial inspection within the 30 day window. Having patiently queued from 5.30 that morning to enter the GNIB office, we were told that we didn't need to be there. When I argued the fact and told the guy that we received the information card from Dublin Airport Immigration Officer to attend that office he told me that we didn't need to be there and that he should know because he worked there. As you can imagine I was extremely annoyed. He then proceeded to send us to a counter to a lady and told us we were doing the right thing. As well as that inside the office there are about 15 counters yet only 2 staff members behind the counters. It's not as if it is quiet, there are about 500 still queuing outside the door to get in. Also, I have contacted the defacto email hotline on a few occasions and I have noticed they a lot of presumptions, not only to the sex of my partner, but to his resident status in this country (ie When I queried about applying for the visa, I asked once the application had been lodged would my partner be able to leave the country and re-enter again. I was then informed that it would be up to the discretion of the immigration officer and that my partner could not use de facto partner visa as a means to change from a student visa - my partner has never been on a student visa in Ireland). Are they always this unprofessional? Surely, the process will get better from here on in right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Catorada

Hi! I am a Filipino with Stamp 1 visa here in Ireland. My boyfriend is in the Philippines and we are planning to apply for a de facto visa. Aside from that, he also needs to apply for a Long Stay Visa because he can't come here if he doesn't have a visa. Is it okay to apply for a long stay visa and de facto at the same time? Also, we are 4 years already but we weren't living together in the Philippines. We are still planning to open a joint account but I am afraid I won't be able to show a proof of cohabitiation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Hey guys, quick question. Myself and my gf are going to apply for the de facto relationship visa, she's currently here in Ireland and her current student visa is up in September. We want to get the de facto application in in the next few weeks and I know the process can take some months. Will my gf be able to return home (US Citizen) while we wait for an answer then return here if we are successful? She can't afford not to be working after september.

Any help would be great,

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kelsea

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Hey guys, quick question. Myself and my gf are going to apply for the de facto relationship visa, she's currently here in Ireland and her current student visa is up in September. We want to get the de facto application in in the next few weeks and I know the process can take some months. Will my gf be able to return home (US Citizen) while we wait for an answer then return here if we are successful? She can't afford not to be working after september.

Any help would be great,

ElChe32, I am American and in a relationship with an Irish citizen-- we were recently in this situation.

As long as you can definitely prove that you've lived together for 2 years, the best route is to send your application ASAP. Once it has been received and you have the confirmation letter, you can go to your local Immigration Guard (the same person who helps with registering for a GNIB card) and they will hopefully give her a 3 month permission to remain stamp-- mine allows me to work here (Stamp 4). You may need to go back for an additional 3 month stamp as the application will probably take longer. I would suggest that she tries to stay here and they will ask for more documents throughout the application process. (They asked us for updated documents twice so far, bleh!)

We sent our application off last November and are still waiting for the final okay. Our local immigration guard has been extremely helpful, so he is your new best friend during this process :) Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

kelsea wrote:
    As long as you can definitely prove that you've lived together for 2 years, the best route is to send your application ASAP. Once it has been received and you have the confirmation letter, you can go to your local Immigration Guard (the same person who helps with registering for a GNIB card) and they will hopefully give her a 3 month permission to remain stamp-- mine allows me to work here (Stamp 4). You may need to go back for an additional 3 month stamp as the application will probably take longer. I would suggest that she tries to stay here and they will ask for more documents throughout the application process. (They asked us for updated documents twice so far, bleh!)

kelsea wrote:
    We sent our application off last November and are still waiting for the final okay. Our local immigration guard has been extremely helpful, so he is your new best friend during this process Hope that helps!

kelsea wrote:
    ElChe32, I am American and in a relationship with an Irish citizen-- we were recently in this situation.

So with the confirmation letter you were able to get a stamp 4 that you needed to renew every three
    months? 300€ at a time?

ElChe32 wrote: »
    So with the confirmation letter you were able to get a stamp 4 that you needed to renew every three
    months? 300€ at a time?

You dont need to pay if youre with a Irish citizen though, I thought the same was delighted when the immigration officer told me otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pages83

Hi there,
    My partner is Canadian and has applied for Stamp 4 on defacto grounds in Ireland, last March.
    Just wondering if anyone has any further info on processing times for this?

We were advised by the Migrant Care Project that it would take 6 months originally, BUT immigration have come back to us, advising us that it could take anywhere up to 18 months to process.
    They are currently working on applications received September 2015!!
    What a mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭FalconXV

aj1980 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am Irish and my partner is Canadian, we have been together for over two years and living with each other since they came over on a working holiday Visa in June 2014.

Given the processing times for de facto relationships scheme we sent in the application along with all the supporting documentation only to be refused via letter on the 23rd of December citing that we hadn't been living together for 2 years.

The letter also said that the start date for the co-habitation was December 2014 despite that the fact that there was a lease for our apartment from the 1st of October and documentary proof of us being at the same address since June 2014 so clearly they hadn't looked too hard at the documentation.

I am not sure what my options are to be honest, I think I should flag the errors but I don't think it will make any difference to the final decision.

My partner has a job that he loves and is doing really well at it, being promoted 3 times in the past 2 years, its on the list of ineligible occupations for so come June I am worried that he will have to leave it as his working holiday visa expires.

I also worry that if I apply in June we are left in limbo waiting to see if we will be successful or not.

Any insights from people that have had the same experience would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

You can see if you can push for a stamp 3 which will allow him to stay just that he can't work. This will at least allow him to be in the state and you be together to apply again.

pages83 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    My partner is Canadian and has applied for Stamp 4 on defacto grounds in Ireland, last March.
    Just wondering if anyone has any further info on processing times for this?

We were advised by the Migrant Care Project that it would take 6 months originally, BUT immigration have come back to us, advising us that it could take anywhere up to 18 months to process.
    They are currently working on applications received September 2015!!
    What a mare.

It shouldn't take 18 months. There are backlogs which even affects the time it takes can get an acknowledgement letter for an application. With the economy on the up more people will be looking to stay. In regards to a decision you case may already have been reached but it has to go through the queue and then the printer for you to get your response.

We have received acknowledgement our de facto visa application has been received, what's next? Sit back and wait? They advised in their letter that they are working on cases in a chronological order and are currently assessing applications that have been received in November of last year. The application was submitted to the de facto unit so I'm assuming they have a de facto team, what takes so long for the applications to be approved? How many people have applied for de facto visas? The whole process seems very shambolic. Will INIS just go quiet now until such time as we get to the top of the queue? Can we even leave the country on holidays during this time? Or can my partner take up voluntary work or an unpaid internship while the application is pending?

As each case is different which affects times to make a decision. They have to go through a lot of your paperwork, files that you have submitted then vetting also takes time to check on your records, tax, where you have lived.

If your card is still valid there is no issue for leaving the country on a holiday. You still have your passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 850731galway

I lodged an application with my partner in May and the acknowledgement letter we received stated that they were still going through cases received in November 2015! Don't give up

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fdoode

Hello,

I'll add my bit into the pool of people who are also living in uncertainty due to the poor information on De Facto visa applications on the INIS website.

I'm Irish, my fiancee is a South African/Australasian dual citizen and we applied just last week for de facto status or whatever they want to call it.

We have been going out 4 years and have been living together for 23 months but only have documented evidence covering 21 months. I supplied in excess of 100 photos from throughout this time, multiple text messages from 2014/15/16, Facebook messages from 2012 right through to now, whats app stats showing that my fiancee is overwhelmingly the highest recipient of messages from me, bank statements going back almost the whole time showing money going back and forth between us, Facebook status screen shots over the years, a Facebook summary of all the times I tagged her in a post, multiple flight bookings we were both on together, medical insurance for both of us, her police clearance for both Australia and south Africa, copies of all pages of all 3 passports, copies of the letters confirming the date for our civil wedding ceremony in Ireland and also some brief details of our intended wedding date and venue in Cape Town (I told them a booking confirmation email is to follow when I receive it), our cover letter outlining our application plus finally a couple of letters from family with one from a local councilor and Garda sergeant to follow also.

What are our chances? Its VERY clear from the photos that they are over a fair amount of time, as can be judged by my various beards and her variations in hair style, not to mention the ageing process and variations in my weight! The letters are thin on the ground but they confirm us at 3 different addresses in this 21 months (Between Australia and Ireland). I supplied the 100+ photos across 40 different events/slides, supplied 20 different FB messenger iPhone screen shots, 16 different PC screen grabs of different Facebook status updates of the two of us and 32 text message iPhone screen shots, all the communication contact shown is both down to earth and everyday couple type stuff with lots showing mutual commitment (In my opinion at this stage, it remains to be seen what theirs is but its certainly not frivolous content).

We have supplied everything they requested and are in the process of getting married now too so is our future in this country looking reasonably secure? We do not want to return to Australia nor do we want to be left with no option but to do so. She is not working and obviously cannot work as she is on holiday visas entering and exiting since last February. We are not aware of any other options open to us to permit her to stay on anything longer than 3 month visas, we spoke to a migration agent from Tullamore, avoid him as I was told by a lady in the Dept of Health he's a cowboy, he gave us no advice other than NOT to apply for de facto status and to simply get married, this was rubbished by the guys in passport control in Dublin airport as well as a lady over the phone in GNIB Galway, we have been given directly contradictory information by the guys on passport control in Dublin on her most recent two visits/entries to ireland (Go to GNIB/DON'T go to GNIB) GNIB do not want to hear from us as she does not have a visa to remain here (Same answer on two occasions so i'm confident this is the case). Are there other temp visas she can avail of in order to simply remain, work is less important, no kids and I have enough of a wage.

Finally is sponsorship an option in Ireland at the minute? Her background is in Transfer Agency in the finance sector in Australia and I know things have picked up in the financial sector here but are they sponsoring or are there many jobs being created much. The recruitment websites do not offer much by way of indications that sponsorship is available.

Neil.

• Advertisement

How long after you submitted the application did it take form the acknowledgement letter to arrive roughly? Just trying to get a handle on what to expect.

Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭ Lana Millions Mission

fdoode wrote: »
    Hello,

I'll add my bit into the pool of people who are also living in uncertainty due to the poor information on De Facto visa applications on the INIS website.

I'm Irish, my fiancee is a South African/Australasian dual citizen and we applied just last week for de facto status or whatever they want to call it.

We have been going out 4 years and have been living together for 23 months but only have documented evidence covering 21 months. I supplied in excess of 100 photos from throughout this time, multiple text messages from 2014/15/16, Facebook messages from 2012 right through to now, whats app stats showing that my fiancee is overwhelmingly the highest recipient of messages from me, bank statements going back almost the whole time showing money going back and forth between us, Facebook status screen shots over the years, a Facebook summary of all the times I tagged her in a post, multiple flight bookings we were both on together, medical insurance for both of us, her police clearance for both Australia and south Africa, copies of all pages of all 3 passports, copies of the letters confirming the date for our civil wedding ceremony in Ireland and also some brief details of our intended wedding date and venue in Cape Town (I told them a booking confirmation email is to follow when I receive it), our cover letter outlining our application plus finally a couple of letters from family with one from a local councilor and Garda sergeant to follow also.

What are our chances? Its VERY clear from the photos that they are over a fair amount of time, as can be judged by my various beards and her variations in hair style, not to mention the ageing process and variations in my weight! The letters are thin on the ground but they confirm us at 3 different addresses in this 21 months (Between Australia and Ireland). I supplied the 100+ photos across 40 different events/slides, supplied 20 different FB messenger iPhone screen shots, 16 different PC screen grabs of different Facebook status updates of the two of us and 32 text message iPhone screen shots, all the communication contact shown is both down to earth and everyday couple type stuff with lots showing mutual commitment (In my opinion at this stage, it remains to be seen what theirs is but its certainly not frivolous content).

We have supplied everything they requested and are in the process of getting married now too so is our future in this country looking reasonably secure? We do not want to return to Australia nor do we want to be left with no option but to do so. She is not working and obviously cannot work as she is on holiday visas entering and exiting since last February. We are not aware of any other options open to us to permit her to stay on anything longer than 3 month visas, we spoke to a migration agent from Tullamore, avoid him as I was told by a lady in the Dept of Health he's a cowboy, he gave us no advice other than NOT to apply for de facto status and to simply get married, this was rubbished by the guys in passport control in Dublin airport as well as a lady over the phone in GNIB Galway, we have been given directly contradictory information by the guys on passport control in Dublin on her most recent two visits/entries to ireland (Go to GNIB/DON'T go to GNIB) GNIB do not want to hear from us as she does not have a visa to remain here (Same answer on two occasions so i'm confident this is the case). Are there other temp visas she can avail of in order to simply remain, work is less important, no kids and I have enough of a wage.

Finally is sponsorship an option in Ireland at the minute? Her background is in Transfer Agency in the finance sector in Australia and I know things have picked up in the financial sector here but are they sponsoring or are there many jobs being created much. The recruitment websites do not offer much by way of indications that sponsorship is available.

Neil.

You'll probably get the acknowledgment letter pretty quickly - within a week or so.

It sounds from the above that your fiancee is probably here on the short stay visa waiver programme? If that's the case, she won't be eligible for a De Facto Partnership visa and they'll just return the application immediately.

To be honest, you're probably best speaking to an immigration specialist on this one. I know you said you spoke with someone who gave you bad advice, but there are migration lawyers and charities that may be able to help give you clear advice.

You'll probably get the acknowledgment letter pretty quickly - within a week or so.

It sounds from the above that your fiancee is probably here on the short stay visa waiver programme? If that's the case, she won't be eligible for a De Facto Partnership visa and they'll just return the application immediately.

To be honest, you're probably best speaking to an immigration specialist on this one. I know you said you spoke with someone who gave you bad advice, but there are migration lawyers and charities that may be able to help give you clear advice.

No, she's an Australian passport holder visiting for less than 90 days, no visa, no permit, just visiting. We have got the proof of receipt back alright I think, it came registered post Friday but we will pick up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GreenGrass1234

Just adding our status here too in the hope of some help, we are just applying now as we are just over the 2 year mark in our relationship. During the course of our relationship (overseas), after some travel together I returned home for a couple of weddings after which I was due to move back with in my partner (overseas) but ended up with a medical issue at home within the first week and required surgery which meant I couldn't leave the country. As soon as I was cleared I went back overseas to my partner and we have lived together since, we currently live in Ireland. We also have evidence of contact every day while we were separated due to the surgery.

Is there anything apart from surgery documents that should be added or is there anything from this that might hold up or go against the visa processing?

My partners visa runs out within 6 months, does anyone know if there is a possibility of getting the visa in a shorter time frame than that at all? How long is it generally taking to process at the moment does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Irlandesa1

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can help us. Beginning to lose hope :-( 
    I am an expat with the past 5 years and met my boyfriend in West Africa 3 years ago. Unfortunately my job meant I had to leave him and I now work and live in South America. We have spoken everyday since I left 1.5 years ago and I have visited him a number of times. We know that to apply for a defacto relationship visa means that we need to live together for 2 years beforehand however I can't get work back in West Africa where he is from and he can't get a visa to come and live with me. 
    Does anyone out there have any good success stories that involve bringing a partner from off the beaten track home to Ireland? Beginning to lose hope that we can be together even thought we know we are meant to be together :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 erinice89

Hello all,

me and my irish partner just submitted our De facto application today through the mail. Just wondering how long to we get some sort of a reply from them?

The evidence we submitted were everything that they wanted, lacking the financial joint bank accounts, and proof of staying together as my name was not on the lease in Singapore.

We have lots of photographs at different events, a photo of us together at her sisters wedding in Ireland in 2015 and photos of our emails and chats and calls. we also did mention that we are renting an apartment of our own right now, staying together. we also have wedding invites with our names, cards for christmas and st patrick etc

i would like to know if there is anyone on this forum in the same situation who got approved/rejected and how is the process like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jack09

Erinice89 -- Did you send in utility bills in the apartment in Singapore? Since you weren't on the lease, were you on the bills?
    Also did you send in your separate bank statements?

Irlandesa1 - would you consider marriage?

Hey Jack,

no.We dont have any financial evidence the bank transfer that we did to each other has to be dug out and printed in the singapore bank. It is not common for couples to be staying together before marriage as well, given that Singapore is still quite conservative

my partner moved back to Ireland in September 2015 as she secured a job. I recently came here to apply for the de facto partnership.

I want to know what are my chances given that we dont have cohabitation proof, but everything else, travelling together etc. and that we are actually renting our own small apartment

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jack09

erinice89 wrote: »
    Hey Jack,

no.We dont have any financial evidence the bank transfer that we did to each other has to be dug out and printed in the singapore bank. It is not common for couples to be staying together before marriage as well, given that Singapore is still quite conservative

my partner moved back to Ireland in September 2015 as she secured a job. I recently came here to apply for the de facto partnership.

I want to know what are my chances given that we dont have cohabitation proof, but everything else, travelling together etc. and that we are actually renting our own small apartment

Even if you don't have a joint account you are still required to send your individual bank statements for your separate accounts.

I think, by not 100% sure, if you haven't been living together/cohabiting for the last 24 months you'll need to show humanitarian reasons for you in Signapore and her in Ireland.

Here is the info on INIS: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/De%20Facto%20Relationships%20with%20an%20Irish%20National%20or%20Irish%20Resident%20-%20Guidelines%20for%20applicants
    INIS "Partners who are not living together at the time of the Application will be required to give compelling reasons for this. It may be the case that there are compelling humanitarian reasons for this for example if the Applicant is, for a short time, caring for a sick relative in another country and the Sponsor is not in a position to travel due to work commitments these facts may be taken into consideration. Please note it will still be necessary to show cohabitation for a full two year period but humanitarian situations will be considered."

• Advertisement

well we didnt send in our individual bank accounts but if they want to we can, as we are more than financially able to look after ourselves.

"Partners who are not living together at the time of the Application will be required to give compelling reasons for this."

The thing is now that we filed our application we are living together. in fact we did write in saying we got an apartment solely for staying together.

Yes I know that alot of people have got rejected without those evidences despite having a long standing relationship.

Still, would you know how long they would take to give me an official reply?

Advertisement