Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is there a ticket that covers both the commuter train and the DART?

Options
  • 07-12-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I need a week ticket that covers both the commuter train and the dart. Does anyone know if there is one and how much it costs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Rapouel wrote: »
    I need a week ticket that covers both the commuter train and the dart. Does anyone know if there is one and how much it costs

Are you looking for a particular route for that week? As in are you doing the same point to point journey, or will it be across the entire network? In any case, there is a weekly option available for both point to point tickets, and for DART and Short hop zone which basically includes out to Balbiggan, Maynooth, Hazelhatch and Greystones across the DART and commuter trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rapouel

I'm travelling from balbriggan to lansdowne road

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Rapouel wrote: »
    I'm travelling from balbriggan to lansdowne road

Using the fare calculator on the page I linked gives a 7 day rolling rail ticket for that journey with a price of €43.60. This is the same as the short hop zone weekly ticket. Either of them would do you, but given the extra flexibility (in case you decide to get one of the other lines, etc.) you're probably as well to go for the weekly rail only on the page I linked. Ticket office should be able to sell you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

OP do not that ticket as you will be wasting money unnecessarily.

Get a LEAP card. Using it in pay-as-you-go mode it will cap your weekly (Monday-Sunday) expenditure on Irish Rail at €35.50. If you also happen to use the LUAS or Dublin Bus the cap will be a maximum of €40.

More info on LEAP here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057338140

Otherwise look at seeing whether your employer will facilitate you under the Taxsaver scheme - details at www.taxsaver.ie

Advertisement