Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tax Saver Tickets - get them for a friend

• 03-12-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Does anybody ever purchasde an extra taxsaver ticket (Luas - All Zones) for a friend?

My sister works in a company that does not provide employees with taxsaver tickets with the result that she is wasting a small fortune commuting everyday. I have availed of it through my company and would be happy to purchase an additional one each month to save her the expense.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

No you can't. The tax saver is based on the ticket holders taxable the income.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No you can't - it has to be done by the employer of the individual concerned.

If the gross cost of the ticket is less than the amount that your sister spends, she can still buy an annual pass, it'll just cost the full amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

The employer can also save on the Prsi that they have to pay so maybe try highlighting this to the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

In addition each ticket has the photo of the person who it was issued on it so can't be used by anyone else.

OP if your sister works for a smallish company they may not be aware of the benefits, direct them to the website www.taxsaver.ie/Employers/

Advertisement