Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Earphones at Great Prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Pulled the trigger there myself. Hope they arrive soon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

gpf101 wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger there myself. Hope they arrive soon.

Deadly, post in the "new gear" thread when they arrive. Waiting on mine still, I wonder where they're being sent from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

GRADO

SR60i – Headphones - BRAND NEW BOXED,
    Were £89.95 – Now £69.95/each

SR80i – Headphones - BRAND NEW BOXED,
    Were £129.95 – Now £89.95/each

Somewhat reasonable prices for Grados http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056616988 (limited stock)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Mactard wrote: »
    Deadly, post in the "new gear" thread when they arrive. Waiting on mine still, I wonder where they're being sent from.

Heard nothing at all after the order confirmation. No idea on shipping, time frame etc. Hopefully there'll be no hassle.

Edit: Got a call from the courier there, not home today but should have them tomorrow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

gpf101 wrote: »
    Heard nothing at all after the order confirmation. No idea on shipping, time frame etc. Hopefully there'll be no hassle.

Edit: Got a call from the courier there, not home today but should have them tomorrow.

Mine arrived arrived a couple of hours ago, looking forward to trying them out when I get home.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Mine arrived arrived a couple of hours ago, looking forward to trying them out when I get home.

Anyone else's arrive. Money was taken in super quick time, but no notification ever since.

Well, have been listening to them for a couple of days now. For the reduced price they're good value, I don't rate them above the HD-25's - which I'm listening to now. The TMA-1's are just a bit too muddy for my liking, which might work well for bass heavy music, electronica, acoustic guitar sounded pretty good too. By comparison the TMA-1's make the HD-25's seem extremely bright sounding, so that might help someone's buying decision.

I will be keeping a hold of the TMA-1's for now, they're very well built, I love the inbuilt mic/remote and the ease (cheapness) of changing cables. Not mad keen on the design, but they do remind me of a logo of a site I used to visit way back when so there's a little bit of nostalgia to that :pac:

I'd put the TMA-1's more in line with the AKG 81dj's than the Senn HD-25's in a direct comparison, with the TMA-1's edging that match up. Still, the HD-25's will remain my no1's for on the go over ear bliss.

I just checked my invoice, and saw a digit missing from my phone number, Ill probably have to wait longer.

Anyway, if anyone has friends/family in the states and are visiting or whatever soon V-Moda Crossfade LP are €78 on amazon.com. 137 to get them delivered to Ireland otherwise, or 117 from the v-moda site but that does not include import.

It's a big if, but might be of some use to someone.

Edit: They arrived, only listening for 2 hours and Suitably impressed. I don't have the HD 25s to compare though (maybe soon). Sam Cooke and Kraftwerk sound incredible on them.

off topic post deleted - this thread/forum is not here to help you sell your shit

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Any difference in quality between Brainwavz M4 W/ inline Mic & remote for iPhone In-Ear Headphones and the standard ones without the mic? They are the same price.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

m4 with mic just arrived, sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Sony MDR-ZX700 is currently £49.99 down from around £70 from amazon.co.uk. The price drop puts it below the creative aurvana live!'s and sony mdr-v6 normal amazon pricepoint. It's also a very competitively priced alternative to the top portables such as the sennheiser hd25-1 ii (~€175) and audio technica ath-m50 (~€150).

Video review:

Joker's take on them from head-fi, search "A11":
    Build quality: 8.5/10
    Comfort: 8.5/10
    Isolation: 8.5/10
    Sound:8/10
    Value:8.5/10
    Overall:8.3/10

Speaking of headphones reviewed by Tyll, the AKG K-550s are pretty cheap on Thomann:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/akg_k_550.htm

That's about €40 less than most UK sites.

Debating whether to pick them up instead of Q701s imported from the States. If the 550s had a detachable cable I would be certain.

Another edition of the FA-003/HM5/Jaycar Monitor

Now sold by Amazon UK!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-20378-Premium-Hi-Fi-Headphones/dp/B0057P09EK

Klipsch Image X10i IEM for 105 + 5 postage on blitzme this weekend. I really want to get em, but don't exactly need them.

I got the AIAIAI TMA-1 deal from blitzme so I trust them at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Any recommendations for an upgrade to some soundmagic pl30? Had them for a couple of years, sadly the connection seems to have gone in the left earpiece. Budget of around €40, could be pushed a bit higher if I'd be narrowly missing a great deal.

I have a pair of meelec m6, so I can use those while waiting on shipping. I find them a bit muddy overall and too quiet compared to the pl30, but that might be the result of a bad seal.

The bass was getting quite impressive on the pl30 the last few months, after customising some silicone bi flange tips with some memory foam. I'd like as much, or more, bass from the replacement.

Cheers

I've put in an order for a pair of VSonic GR02 Bass Edition after reading the head-fi multi IEM thread. Will post back in a month or two with the results :pac:

Edit: $36 from lendmeurears.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭xtal191

TPD wrote: »
    I've put in an order for a pair of VSonic GR02 Bass Edition after reading the head-fi multi IEM thread. Will post back in a month or two with the results :pac:

Edit: $36 from lendmeurears.com

How are the vsonics? Thinking of ordering them from lendmeurears, how long did delivery take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Ordered Meelec M6's the other day. Expected delivery is the 28th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

TPD wrote: »
    ...I have a pair of meelec m6, so I can use those while waiting on shipping. I find them a bit muddy overall and too quiet compared to the pl30, but that might be the result of a bad seal....

I think the same about the meelec m6. Bit too woolly/muddy and too much bass.

Well for me anyway. I do like them because they seal well, for isolation on bus, office and are small so you can rest your head on a pillow etc. I would like something similar sized, but just with better SQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

BostonB wrote: »
    I think the same about the meelec m6. Bit too woolly/muddy and too much bass.

Well for me anyway. I do like them because they seal well, for isolation on bus, office and are small so you can rest your head on a pillow etc. I would like something similar sized, but just with better SQ.
    Just received my M6s. First impressions was that they were muddy, as you've said. Isolation on them is great though, and they are mainly for exercise so I amn't too bothered. Overall build quality and the included accessories (6 different eartips & case) seem decent though. For the price, they were probably a decent buy.

xtal191 wrote: »
    How are the vsonics? Thinking of ordering them from lendmeurears, how long did delivery take?

Responded to your PM, but for the sake of others, I'm very happy with the GR02. They're not over-the-top bassy, nice and clear. I'd buy another pair without hesitation.

Different price range to most of the 'phones in this thread, but worth mentioning anyway -- http://www.head-fi.org/t/626714/cosmic-ears-new-ciem-company-with-crazy-low-prices-including-hybrid-designs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Zedrayas

I got a pair of Auvio earphones from a friend who'd been to America , great earphones , but same as the Sony ones mentioned at the start , the right one stopped working. But they lasted for about 4 months until that happened. Great sound quality , and completely sound blocking , as they went in to your earhole , not just resting on the outside as the others do.

They looked like this (pretty cool if you ask me):
    1.jpg

And my friend told me she got them for only 10$! So , great price if you can buy them online , I'd suggest them if you dont have much money to spend on earphones , and need a few due to musical cravings in public places ;)
    , Zed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Daithi MacG

I got a some Sony MDR-XD200 headphones in hmv for €30 :-) they have really rich sound and deep bass. Although they come with a movies/music switch, changing it makes no difference :-\ but aside from that, great buy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

No idea what they're like but thought I would mention Ibood have the Denon AH-D400 headphones for €150 today.

7548_Yj_hi_1350639927.jpg

Opr

xtal191 wrote: »

I bought vsonic gr06 from this seller. worth spending the extra over the gr02 - 63 dollars incl postage. took a week to get to me from purchase from Singapore. signed for post.

GR06 have amazing build quality (best cable I've ever seen on iems) and fab sound. great fit too and lots of tips included, along with cool pouch.

• Advertisement

here's an interesting one....

this guy on head-fi - does an iem shootout

http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-sony-mh1-mh1c-added-oct-23th-2012

and he rates sony mh1 c
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret

as an amazing iem.

thing is that you can get it for 8.95 (+ post to ire £6) on amazon.co.uk I bought one as less than 20 euro delievered. worth a shot.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Headset-SmartKey-Control-XPERIA/dp/B008OG16EQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351113309&sr=8-2

don't be put off by fact that it has a remote control. in fact this will work on android phones (recent ones, not just sony) so could well suit you. will report back when I get it.

Advertisement