Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

is my job safe?

• 06-10-2008 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

just wondering if anyone has a more educated guess than me! im working in a large health insurance company - american owned ( CIGNA ) how safe is my or anyone elses jobs do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

just wondering if anyone has a more educated guess than me! im working in a large health insurance company - american owned ( CIGNA ) how safe is my or anyone elses jobs do you think?

As long as people are worried about getting sick, you will be ok. I reckon people will be getting a lot sicker over the next couple of years so that could be a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

surely you'd know better than outsiders how well you're company is doing? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭littleknown

well to be honest its not that easy to say, inside company talk is that it might actually benefit business although reality shows that people are seeking to cut our deemed unnecessary short term benefits. some country specific posts have been cut which leads me to think there is a developing problem.just wondering if anyone else knows anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

Well, people will always need health insurance so there'll be a demand. However, unless you haven't been kept busy at work. (Ie doing less than usual at work when there was a "boom") Then I'd be worried... How long have you been at the company? It tend to go LIFO (Last-In, First-Out).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Your job is never safe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

damnyanks wrote: »
    Your job is never safe.

Exactly, even some civil servants look like they will be getting the chop.

Advertisement