Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Avengers (2012) *spoilers from post 1181*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

pixelburp wrote: »
    Great to see there's positive feedback on this, I hope it's not simply in-the-moment enthusiasm. To those who have seen it though, can I ask one question: without spoiling it, is the post-credits scene worth staying back for? Annoying to sit waiting for the easter-egg scene only for it to suck :)

Damn right it is.

Also, the movie is the perfect balance of humour and action, the amount of times the audience erupted with laughter followed by applause was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya, def worth staying, you'll only have to wait about a minute anyway. Although I'm guessing the new scene they are filming will be after the long credits.

Couldn't believe people actually got up and left as soon as the credits started rolling, felt like shouting "Sit down you foooools, theres gonna be mooaaaaaarrr!"

Ya, the crowd was great, load of laughing/clapping moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I'm so excited the next 2 weeks are going to go so slowly! How the heck were people leaving before the extra scene?? I thought they were supposed to be major fans!

The majority of people stayed until after the credits, very few actually left. Only one I noticed was that annoying reporter from Click who kept on trying to interview me and my mate, and a few other people who were probably only there because they got free tickets and had nothing better to do that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Where did you guys see this movie?

• Advertisement

Fan screening last night in Cineworld, Parnell St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

That's cool. Was there a draw for ticket? I did not see it advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

allanb49 wrote: »
    It was enjoyable

the scene with the thing and the yoke was really good

Definite spoiler needed there.:D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    That's cool. Was there a draw for ticket? I did not see it advertised.

this site: www.showfilmfirst.com/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Bah, annoyed I missed that now; must keep the ears to the ground for any further competitions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

It was enjoyable

the scene with the thing and the yoke was really good

F'ing spoiler tag douche! FFS. :mad:

Edit: retracted, sorry mate. Honest mistake!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

It was a bad choice of word.....
    F4 dont feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

difference between The Thing and the thing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

But we all know who the Yoke is and you just ruined it.;)

shít sorry at least i didn't mention the Batman cameo

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

shít sorry at least i didn't mention the Batman cameo

You stupid..... :mad:

Was great when Spiderman flew in on his magical unicorn of doom.

was that the unicorn that also impaled Dr Doom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Daredevil's in this too right?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,638 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

FlashD wrote: »
    Daredevil's in this too right?

Yep, along with Flash and Blade

GORDONS ALIVE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Another clip and stills on digitalspy,I'm going to avoid any more clips of the movie now & wait to see the full thing in the cinema.

There is a good still up of Thor kneeling before Zod.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya I'd suggest avoid all trailers. I watched one yesterday and was surprised what they were showing. Much better going into this with no clue and letting the little things surprise you.

Ill just say that from my point of view, the trailers are not giving away lots of plot points, nor are they showing, imo, the best bits.

That being said, i love watching trailers before any movie, so maybe thats just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Pter wrote: »
    Ill just say that from my point of view, the trailers are not giving away lots of plot points, nor are they showing, imo, the best bits.

That being said, i love watching trailers before any movie, so maybe thats just me.

That's good to hear! I was nervous that the trailers and the one or two clips I've seen had given away a good bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

How in the blue hell have people seen this film already? I feel short changed. :pac: And I'll go fcuking ballistic if the same thing happens with TDKR. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

How in the blue hell have people seen this film already? I feel short changed. :pac: And I'll go fcuking ballistic if the same thing happens with TDKR. :pac:

You haven't seen TDKR yet? Loser

• Advertisement

By winning competitions to see the fan screening.

Will be entering any for TDKR and will update everyone here if i find any.

Advertisement