Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 The Trashcan Man

I hope your grasp of English is not indicative of the standard of catholic schooling;)
    I hate to be a grammar nazi but i think this goes beyond that.
    Seriously. i have no idea what you are saying:confused:

Sympathy for the Taoiseach Apologies for bad spelling & grammar in that post maybe SftT’s cant type? Think it’s clear what is said besides bad grammar and or spelling.;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

This is the final warning on this subject, any further offtopic on this thread will result in a ban for any user involved. If you have an issue with a poster then report it and we will deal with it.

Splinter

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Richie Dunne, what a hero! :)

And that Rocky Road to Poland song is fair good, it's no "Put 'Em Under Pressure", but it's definitely up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And that Rocky Road to Poland song is fair good, it's no "Put 'Em Under Pressure", but it's definitely up there.

Am I the only one that thinks the Rocky Road to Poland is a load of $hite?

I think it's terrible, definitely won't catch on for me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Did anyone else notice that Ray let slip that Jenny was expecting a boy during the segment with tall/ short people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice that Ray let slip that Jenny was expecting a boy during the segment with tall/ short people?

Did he not say "if"?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Did he not say "if"?
    Possibly so, was only half listening as I was reversing an artic truck at the time.
    If a boy pops out though, remember where you heard it first.;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Richie Dunne, what a hero! :)

Ya it was great. Hopefully it will be a good summer. I really enjoyed the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

padd b1975 wrote: »
    If a boy pops out though, remember where you heard it first.;-)
    Nah it's definitely a girl. Remember where you heard it first!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

that must have been the worst nelson mandela impression ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anyone else listening to that lad who texted in about lumping the deposit for a house on a horse that lost?

What an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Aye just heard that there, what an utter gimp. And he e-mails in asking for "suggestions"? i.e. get your listeners to have a whip-round for me.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone else listening to that lad who texted in about lumping the deposit for a house on a horse that lost?

What an idiot.

Didnt hear it yesterday but heard it mentioned earlier today. They cant in touch with the guy which seems a bit pointless.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

That_Guy wrote: »

What an idiot.

Let me guess how it played out.

Ray: *sigh* What do you do in a situation like that? *sigh*
    Jenny: WELL I JUST THINK HE WAS BEING UTTERLY STUPID!
    Mairead: *giggles* ha, ha that's terrible! *giggles* how yo could do that is beyond me.... *giggles*
    Ray: *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* Text in here, 'Ray, I'm a sixteen stone 5'1" woman and I'm in tears here in my truck parked in the middle of the dual carraige way listening to that man's story. Mary in Naas' I know Mary I know, it's just terrible.... *ssssiiiiiigggghhhh*

Close? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

There a a lot of very emotional people that listen to Ray :D They are always in the kitchen crying, or the sitting room crying or else drivers who have had to stop the car because they were crying.

Id say that gob****e who put all the money on the horse is doing a lot of crying today.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Let me guess how it played out.

Ray: *sigh* What do you do in a situation like that? *sigh*
    Jenny: WELL I JUST THINK HE WAS BEING UTTERLY STUPID!
    Mairead: *giggles* ha, ha that's terrible! *giggles* how yo could do that is beyond me.... *giggles*
    Ray: *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* Text in here, 'Ray, I'm a sixteen stone 5'1" woman and I'm in tears here in my truck parked in the middle of the dual carraige way listening to that man's story. Mary in Naas' I know Mary I know, it's just terrible.... *ssssiiiiiigggghhhh*

Close? :pac:

They mentioned this problem in one of the papers yesterday but in their bit on Ray's response they included that he sighed. Love it!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Yes the article was in the Indo, comparing D'Arcy to the late Gerry Ryan.

No way, Gerry was always a true professional with interviews and always followed up later, (the Lavina Kerwick story comes to mind). always stayed neutral too unlike D'Arcy who finds himself bawling and slobbering at any sad tale, his Seinfeld interview was awful to say the least.
    We also have to listen about how fit he is and how he hates the Catholic Church.
    The only Ryan he is near is Tubritey.

Mod Edit. Corrected some spelling issues to D'Arcys name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

"Oooooh .... you don't sound great there. That is a very bad line. Are you on a hands free there?. Oh, I don't know if we can continue like this. Count to ten for me there.... This isn't great now... Look, we'll go on and see if we can get through it"

<carries on without listening to a word said - siiigghhhing at the line quality>

"Look, that is a very bad line. We'll get you on a better line another day, ok, ok, ok, bye, bye, bye"

<wrong song>

"Stop, stop, eject, eject, sigh"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

"Oooooh .... you don't sound great there. That is a very bad line. Are you on a hands free there?. Oh, I don't know if we can continue like this. Count to ten for me there.... This isn't great now... Look, we'll go on and see if we can get through it"

<carries on without listening to a word said - siiigghhhing at the line quality>

"Look, that is a very bad line. We'll get you on a better line another day, ok, ok, ok, bye, bye, bye"

<wrong song>

"Stop, stop, eject, eject, sigh"

That wrong song ****e he does really annoys me. He did it again this morning only to play "We are Young" for the 20th time this month.

heard that poland song for the 1st time this morning. its brutal. duno why he gets so excited about it. Need christy moore to pen an update for joxer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Good God above in heaven, why does Ray like to alienate listeners and talk about children constantly...getting just about completely sick of this show at this stage.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Good God above in heaven, why does Ray like to alienate listeners and talk about children constantly...getting just about completely sick of this show at this stage.

I turned off at that stage. fed up listening to him talking about kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

OH RAY YOU NOODEY NADDIE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 183 ✭✭Paracore

Yes the article was in the Indo, comparing Arsey to the late Gerry Ryan.

No way, Gerry was always a true professional with interviews and always followed up later, (the Lavina Kerwick story comes to mind). always stayed neutral too unlike Arsey who finds himself bawling and slobbering at any sad tale, his Seinfeld interview was awful to say the least.
    We also have to listen about how fit he is and how he hates the Catholic Church.

The same Ryan who was hypocritical enough to shove blow up his nose and then have the audacity to brand drug dealers and users 'low life' and s'scum'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Paracore wrote: »
    Yes the article was in the Indo, comparing Arsey to the late Gerry Ryan.

No way, Gerry was always a true professional with interviews and always followed up later, (the Lavina Kerwick story comes to mind). always stayed neutral too unlike Arsey who finds himself bawling and slobbering at any sad tale, his Seinfeld interview was awful to say the least.

The same Ryan who was hypocritical enough to shove blow up his nose and then have the audacity to brand drug dealers and users 'low life' and s'scum'?
    Ah, good man, was waiting for someone with a bit if sense to speak up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 laura nalmer

This particular song will end with three sharp notes, like deathly drumbeats

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

Ray is rubbish and he has always been.His dreary voice is only good for putting babys to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Ray D'Arcy Show up 15,000 Listeners according to latest JNLR figures. Must have picked up all those people that Tubridy lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Well done to all involved with the show, still love it after all these years. Yes it can be annoying and infuriating at times, but life is like that. Take the good with the bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

batm!ke wrote: »
    Ray D'Arcy Show up 15,000 Listeners according to latest JNLR figures. Must have picked up all those people that Tubridy lost.

I think he might have a tad more than 15,000 listeners. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement