Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Woman dyes dog to look like a tiger,strange

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dave_Geoghegan

DISLIKE!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

That's cruelty, plain and simple

her reason is also disgraceful: "to make people laugh"
    :mad:

I dont know if i would call it cruelty as long as it doesnt harm the dog.

What is worse doing that

or breeding a dog to achieve a certain shape or look.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

That dog looks absolutely miserable. Why would someone do that for the laugh?
    Allegedly this is very popular among the rich folk of China, I remember getting an email a few months back that had loads of pics of dyed cats and dogs. Lunacy IMO

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Okay, in fairness, someone explain to me exactly how this is cruel? The dog doesn't know he looks like a tiger, doesn't even know what a tiger is, all he knows is that he smells a bit different and his fur's a different shade. It's not like it's causing him physical pain or mental anguish.

The only way I could see cruelty coming into it is if they used toxic dye and the dog licked themselves. I would assume, due to the popularity, that non-toxic dyes have been introduced for this purpose.

So, seriously, please explain - how the heck is it cruel? Sure, it looks utterly ridiculous but for god's sake, it's not hurting the animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

That's cruelty, plain and simple

her reason is also disgraceful: "to make people laugh"
    :mad:

Don't see how

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

So long as the dye isnt harming the dogs coat or organs its not cruel.

But it is so thick!
    The dog is gorgeous without dye.And people who need to do that dont really love their dogs at all.I bet they would change their humans around them to what they want them to look like aswell if they could.

The panda ones in china look almost real.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Don't see how

undue stress on the dog during the prolonged dying session

being pointed at and laughed at constantly

having it's sexuality questioned and being accused of looking gay in front of its dog friends ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

undue stress on the dog during the prolonged dying session

being pointed at and laughed at constantly

having it's sexuality questioned and being accused of looking gay in front of its dog friends ;)

He looks more pimp than gay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

I don't think it harms the dog, but it's pretty stupid . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

brilliant, just brilliant. the dogs in china look fantastic, the British one just looks cheap and homemade. i cant see how this is cruelty, some women / men always dye their hair, unless you can prove the dogs hate it, i rest my case

fantastic

http://www.xarj.net/2008/cat-painting/

im getting cat so i can dye it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Eh I can't beleive that people can't see that this is cruel.

Dogs are pack animals. the other dogs arne't goin to know what to make of him. Humans whom he may also view as part of the pack are going to be laughing at him.

Hell he even looks downtrodden in the pictures

Dogs are pack animals. the other dogs arne't goin to know what to make of him. Humans whom he may also view as part of the pack are going to be laughing at him.

Oh give me a break! Normally I'm in agreement with most of what you post, but come on. Dogs don't care if people are laughing at them for god's sake, they're not us. The only thing that would bother them about it is the sound, they wouldn't make the connection between people laughing and the fact they're laughing at them. I mean, I love my dogs and think they're amazing, but they're not people!

And the other dogs will know fine what to make of him, dogs operate on scent. It's not like our dogs don't know who we are after we shower or put on perfume, why would it be different for other dogs?

Cruelty my arse tbh. The dog doesn't know the difference! The only person it's embarrassing for is the owner.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

It's pathetic and I feel a bit sorry for the dog but it's not cruelty. There's a lot of sh!t that happens to animals

as pack animals, its not his look that would effect how they perceived him, rather his smell, hormones etc...

liah wrote: »
    Oh give me a break! Normally I'm in agreement with most of what you post, but come on.

U do ??? I had no idea somebody even noticed me :) ok I agree with everything you say :)
    as pack animals, its not his look that would effect how they perceived him, rather his smell, hormones etc...

Woudln't he now smell of paint ?

U do ??? I had no idea somebody even noticed me :) ok I agree with everything you say :)

hmmm... a very good observation, god damn it, i hate been wrong

The smell washes off. And if dogs can still smell us/recognize us when we use perfume, deodorant, shower daily, dye our hair, etc, I'm pretty sure they're capable of telling a dog is a dog by scent too.

• Advertisement

Ok Liah but how would you like it if somebody painted you to look like this withou your permission first:
    http://body-paint-body-art.blogspot.com/2009/07/tiger-body-art-painting.html

<ok aside note....dammit there's alot of weirdos out there>

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

Im a groomer - we dont dye dogs but as long as the dog is regularly groomed (which this one obviously is, his owner is the groomer) then I dont see the harm.

The dog is well used to being on the grooming table and bathed, so I don't see why everyone has a problem with it.

The dye is obviously safe for pets, and dogs always smell unnaturally coming out of the groomers, shampoo, cologne etc leaves the dog smelling fruity so I dont get how the dye smell is so traumatic.

The dog does look very nervous in the pic, tail between legs etc., but I would put that down to the photographer.

In some ways, if that dog is pretty social, he's benefitting from the dye job as no doubt he's getting lots of extra cuddles!

Im a groomer - we dont dye dogs but as long as the dog is regularly groomed (which this one obviously is, his owner is the groomer) then I dont see the harm.

The dog is well used to being on the grooming table and bathed, so I don't see why everyone has a problem with it.

The dye is obviously safe for pets, and dogs always smell unnaturally coming out of the groomers, shampoo, cologne etc leaves the dog smelling fruity so I dont get how the dye smell is so traumatic.

The dog does look very nervous in the pic, tail between legs etc., but I would put that down to the photographer.

In some ways, if that dog is pretty social, he's benefitting from the dye job as no doubt he's getting lots of extra cuddles!

what oither animals can you dye? could you get a crap parrot and make it glorious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

What a horrible woman, how would she like to be tattooed from head to toe. This craze should be banned and nipped in the bud before it starts to spread over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

It is a craze that would need to be nipped in the bud for one reason.....pets who have idiots as owners.

Fair enough those folks using non-toxic or safe dyes....but you know rightly you're going to get the toss pots who don't care much about their pets in the first place, who will try to use human dye or bloody bleach on their pet to colour :rolleyes:

The photo of that Pikachu kitten is doing the rounds and I've no idea how they got all the fur around the eye dyed that colour....even "non-toxic" dyes ya wouldn't want getting in your eye.

Sooo stupid. Wanna buy them cute wee clothes awesome. Dye their fur? Eh...no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

Do dogs really know that people are laughing at them though? Would other dogs even take any notice if he looks different? Lots of breeds look different, but dogs still treat them as dogs usually.

Do dogs really know that people are laughing at them though? Would other dogs even take any notice if he looks different? Lots of breeds look different, but dogs still treat them as dogs usually.

I dunno. Our family dog reads body language better than most people. He's also a genius at manipulating his own body language to affect humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Ok Liah but how would you like it if somebody painted you to look like this withou your permission first:
    http://body-paint-body-art.blogspot.com/2009/07/tiger-body-art-painting.html

<ok aside note....dammit there's alot of weirdos out there>

You can say that again.Maybe she will dye herself to look like one aswell :p

God i really hope that doesnt catch on here.:(
    The beauty of the animal is enough.I like looking at and admiring the dogs natural look and coat.The dye takes so much away from them dogs :(

I remember when i used to see the poodles dyed purple and green and pink etc... its is just pure ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

What a horrible woman, how would she like to be tattooed from head to toe. This craze should be banned and nipped in the bud before it starts to spread over here.

But it's not a tattoo, it's just hair dye. :confused: Tattoos hurt, hair dye doesn't.

So long as the dye doesn't cause skin irritation and the dog/cat isin't stressed while being groomed I don't see how it's cruel, in fact that dog is now probably going to get extra attention because he's different so if he's a dog that just loves meeting people and getting attention he will benefit from it.

Animals are not human, they don't get up in the morning look in the mirror and give out about how they look and then feel depressed all day because they've got a pimple on the end of their nose. :D There are loads of naturally occuring colours in dogs, some not so common such as blue merles but you don't see dogs in a park rushing over when a blue merle walks in, they don't stare in awe at him and point fingers because they may never have seen one before! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

this is pretty cool tbh

Advertisement