Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freaking out a lil - Help please?

• 03-06-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, did Paper 1 today, just realised something, did we HAVE to be a student for the speech on giving teenagers the chance to make their own decisions, or could we have pretended to be a parent?
    I was a parent, please help , I'm a lil worried :eek: :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

No, not at all. Don't worry I spoke as an SPHE teacher with Children and ****. You're ok!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

I almost said "I remember once when my kid..." but I decided to not go into it... I don't think you had to do it in a certain mindset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Phew, thanks guys, although I made up that my child was a little tear away and all that... oops :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

In a lot of ways its oppurtunity missed, you should have pretended to be Barrack Obama.

"Hello my name is Barrack Obama recently elected president of the united states.... CHANGE"

A1 grade right there...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,036 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

yeah, I did it from a teenager's point of view. I kept saying 'Us' and 'We' when referring to the parents children. Trying to get Brownie points

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

they're just tellin ya what ya want to hear!!!
    you did it wrong!!!

nah, only messin!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

I also did it from a parent perspective, I can't see how they could penalise one since they didn't specify you needed to be a student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

could it of been s bit sarcastic at times?

Advertisement