Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mass Effect 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Kiith wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if you can buy From Ashes on the pc with Bioware Points, or is it money only? And if so, how much is it?

In work, and can't check myself at the moment.
    its 800 BW points on origin, works out at 6.97 exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Got an email from GameStop saying my order shipped, website hasn't updated, so I have no tracking number. Nice to see my €8.50 express postage being put to good use. Last time I use GS, using ShopTo from now on. They dispatched over the weekend, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anywhere in Dublin selling this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Weren't paying attention or reading your codex entries in ME1 or ME2 I see. All guns use the same heat sinks not ammo. All guns use a small mass effect field to accelerate a small slug of metal at very high speed, all guns have a block of metal and a very small slug is sheered off each time and accelerated to a % of the speed of light so even though the metal is very small its the very high speed that make them lethal. All weapons essentially have unlimited ammo, its the heat that's the limiting factor. All guns generate heat at a different rate so some get more shots from the same heat sink and some less.

In ME1 all guns used the same principle but cooled down with time.
    Well there's no point getting fancy. It's ammo by another name. :D

It's just annoying that they don't let you switch from gun to gun. It's not like ammo is that hard to get hold of, it'd just save you messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Finally got my shipping confirmation from Gamestop >_> it doesnt have to go to far that said, their place is in Swords too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

humanji wrote: »
    Well there's no point getting fancy. It's ammo by another name. :D

It's just annoying that they don't let you switch from gun to gun. It's not like ammo is that hard to get hold of, it'd just save you messing around.

They do let you switch from gun to gun with "ammo" it's a common pool but the mileage varies with each weapon. Same thing, ammo, heat clips, it's all simplified and common and saves the messing around you are on about. Except heavy weapon ammo.

I'd rather different ammo types for different weapons myself as I like micro managing and hate the common simplified system like what the did with Deus Ex 2 IW and Mass Effect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Healium wrote: »
    Got an email from GameStop saying my order shipped, website hasn't updated, so I have no tracking number. Nice to see my €8.50 express postage being put to good use. Last time I use GS, using ShopTo from now on. They dispatched over the weekend, I think

do they normally do this for new releases?or was me3 a once off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Elessar

FWIW it looked like HMV swords was selling this for the PS3 earlier. Just in the door on the right, its own display stand. The boxes had the prices on them anyway. €47.99 IIRC

I've been playing it the past few days and it is brilliant...so many choices, so many consequences for the story and your teammates. This is epic storytelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Healium wrote: »
    Meesared wrote: »
    Finally got my shipping confirmation from Gamestop >_> it doesnt have to go to far that said, their place is in Swords too
    I just got mine too, I didn't pay for express postage though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

f*ck this hypebeast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I might actually trade metal gear for this. If I trade metal gear, its.. 39 quid off? And I can re buy metal gear off adverts or something for cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ghouldaddy

Elessar wrote: »
    FWIW it looked like HMV swords was selling this for the PS3 earlier. Just in the door on the right, its own display stand. The boxes had the prices on them anyway. €47.99 IIRC

I've been playing it the past few days and it is brilliant...so many choices, so many consequences for the story and your teammates. This is epic storytelling.

cheers man, going to head over and check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Decided to replay ME2 today, probably won't buy ME3 for another week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

We had any midnight launch chatter yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sporks

Ah bugger, just realised my gamestop order is going by standard post. I now have to get my head around the idea I might have to wait till next week to get stuck in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Quick question, anyone know if theres a midnight launch here in galway. Never been to one before but do you need to have preordered to pick it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Asmodean wrote: »
    Quick question, i think theres a game midnight launch here in galway. Never been to one before but do you need to have preordered to pick it up?

Game are not stocking this game for sale!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Haha yeah i know i meant gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

They arent doing any midnight launches

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ghouldaddy

No joy in H.M.V, they have the prices on the games but their still not selling untill tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I hear bad things about the PS3 version. Is a much poorer port than ME2.
    Framerate a fair bit worse than the 360 version (which has never been great for any ME).
    Have played it on both and watched them side by side and both look the same to my eyes.
    noodler wrote: »
    Got a link man?

Would liek to read that.
    It was on the Bombcast and on the Quick Look they did.
    But thankfully, Eurogamer have done an article about it:
    Mass Effect 3: PS3 frame-rate issues persist in final game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sure it'll still be enjoyable though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

My order was dispatched by Amazon earlier today but I doubt it will turn up in Dublin by tomorrow. Guess I'll be waiting till Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

My Amazon order is Estimated for Dispatch today but at this rate I'm guessing tomorrow, also note that the Standard Edition had a price reduction of around £3 so remember the Amazon price promise thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

ghouldaddy wrote: »
    No joy in H.M.V, they have the prices on the games but their still not selling untill tomorrow.

Also found out today that little to no chance of getting the PC version there either. They just did stock orders for pre-ordered copies, no shelf stock. And with Gamestop looking for €50 notes for the basic PC version :pac: , I recommend Origin (€50) if you want it now or Amazon (€35) but probably wont have it till end of next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Elessar

Wow. I just completed it there. No spoilers but I have to say that was one hell of a ride. Absolutely superb, a very meaty and satisfying conclusion and some of the best writing ever in a game. It all gets very deep, tense and dramatic towards the end. Epic is an understatement. You're all gonna love it!

I'm a bit confused about some things in the conclusion but I'll leave the debate until more people have completed it.

Elessar wrote: »
    Wow. I just completed it there. No spoilers but I have to say that was one hell of a ride. Absolutely superb, a very meaty and satisfying conclusion and some of the best writing ever in a game. It all gets very deep, tense and dramatic towards the end. Epic is an understatement. You're all gonna love it!

I'm a bit confused about some things in the conclusion but I'll leave the debate until more people have completed it.

when did ye start it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That was quick ellesar! loving it so far, but weird starting on level 31 with 63 skill points to use

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

**** you EA! I download the game, install it, and it tell me it's ready to play. Only after i click it does it give me a release date check! :(

Bah! :mad:

• Advertisement

its a kick in the pants isnt it? lol
    if its any consolation, mine's been like that since tuesday

Advertisement