Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SU Elections '12

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Oh my God, it's over :(:(:(:(

Hopefully canvassers will now crawl back under their rock and stop being menaces to society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

<Modsnip - posting allegations without proof is a direct violation of the boards.ie Terms of Use, and will not be tolerated under any circumstances.>
    You agree NOT to use Boards.ie to:

defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Give over, he won, despite what can only be described as a smear campaign...

If Guiney's mates decided to share the stories I've heard about Atkinson (Through other means, before I knew who he was through elections), he probably wouldn't have had such an easy ride either....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

What did he say about Atkinson?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Neeson wrote: »
    What did he say about Atkinson?

He said nowt about him. Which is my point.

But I knew these things, other people are bound to too....

• Advertisement

So it's a good thing Atkinson didn't get in then? Was he up to no good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Stories were definitely leaked to two of the university media outlets about Guiney.

He won, and fair play. What I don't get was why he wasn't simply upfront about being under investigation. It gave Atkinson ammunition that he never should have had.

What was he investigated over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Neeson wrote: »
    What was he investigated over?

Paddy said at hustings that he was investigated coz he stayed in someones place in res I think. I'm assuming it's against the rules. Maybe I heard him wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Paddy said at hustings that he was investigated coz he stayed in someones place in res I think. I'm assuming it's against the rules. Maybe I heard him wrong though

Yes, staying over as an unregistered guest in a student residence is against the rules. Given Guiney was employed as an RA at the time, he would have been well aware of the fact as one of his duties would have been to register guests for residents.

However, the allegations put to him at the hustings were more far-reaching than a simple case of trespass, which is what his actions amounted to. That, in and of itself, is a case of extremely bad judgement and poor leadership.

Did anyone else think that for a C&C, his communication skills in hustings and debates were shocking? He always gets frazzled and starts talking at lightning speed - not exactly reassuring. Same for Sheerin. Gill and Atkinson were both far better speakers, cogent, articulate, calm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Did anyone else think that for a C&C, his communication skills in hustings and debates were shocking? He always gets frazzled and starts talking at lightning speed - not exactly reassuring. Same for Sheerin. Gill and Atkinson were both far better speakers, cogent, articulate, calm.

Couldn't agree more with this. I wish I hadn't taken Wednesday and Thursday off, shudda voted for Atkinson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Ok I probably went a bit too far in my last post, sorry, but when/if the truth comes out you'll see why I'm so annoyed.

What do you think the truth is?

Advertisement